What's new

Latest Chanka news (as and when we get it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotterwatch

The latest news we know about Chankast is what Garrofi posted in this> http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=25075&highlight=Garrofi thread

We do not know anything else on the status of the emulator, and if/when it will be released. Please keep everything about wanting Chankast news in this single thread - also please try to keep a sense of decorum. Mindless flaming is not welcome on this site.

Remember Emutalk has nothing to do with Chankast other than hosting the Official English forums.

haz

well, is there a mod that can mail the devs and simply ask about the devellopement status ? or the devellopers are mute ghosts ;)

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Remember Emutalk has nothing to do with Chankast other than hosting the Official English forums

And we in no way filter any of the donations into our own pockets, any more.

OP
T

Trotterwatch

LOL @ Vamp

And no haz, unfortunately none of us (AFAIK) are in contact with the developers. I am as much in the dark about the status of a new version as you.

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Hi, it's been a long time since I entered in emutalk, I didn't know about this thread :satisfied. Here's a little news from Chankast.

At Talfi.net (it's a spanish site) we can read a summary about the party MadriSX, which took place in Madrid (Spain) early this month. Well, it seems that at the party they talked with Unai, who showed them a little sneak peek at the current status of Chankast.

It isn't much but at least is something... So far we know that there is a special version of Chankast for coders, which can run on a Pentium 3 and that it has some new features such as FastMem Mapping (I don't know what is it's purpose, they don't explain it). Also, it seems that Garrofi has been a bit away from the project lately.

There isn't any news on the XBOX version...
Sorry for my BAAAAD english...

Flash

Technomage
Johann said:
It isn't much but at least is something... So far we know that there is a special version of Chankast for coders, which can run on a Pentium 3
Wait a minute ! Any chankast version can run on P3/Celeron Coppermine/Tualatin

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Maybe he means that it runs at an almost decent speed or something like that (remember those rumours about that they wanted to make chankast run on a P3 700Mhz at almost full speed?)

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
W00t, an extension of the last news :)

In a flame topic ( :ranting: ) over at Emulatronia's forum (Chankast's spanish forum), Ron (betatester and close friend of Unai, and also co-webmaster of Talfi.net) has confirmed that current version of Chankast runs fine on a Pentium 3 @ 700Mhz. He explains that in overall the emu is faster, more compatible with KOS (KallistiOS maybe?) and homebrew apps (for those programmers that doesn't have a DC), and has a better handling of the graphics. Also, he says that it has some new features (unreveiled) and that now it boots bynaries and isos (no more daemon tools! :p).

About the XBOX version, he just says that it runs fine. :bunny:

Last edited:

ADnova

Excellent, thanks for the news.
Two things I was looking forward to was ISO support, and increased homebrew compatibility.

MikeEx

im glad that theres finally some news though unofficial! :bouncy:
just wish the creators would atleast say something like "we are still working" or "we got a few features that will interest you but we wont tell you what they are :)"

but yeah, they dont owe us anything :yawn:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
If the next version is as good as they say you won't need more than one processor... ;)

MikeEx

im sure once chanka is released along with its source code, some one will make it take advantage of 64-bit multi-cpu's

Hawkz

Will the new Chankast support games that were previously available only to ATI Radeon users? Things like Sonic Adventure 2 etc, only working on ATI cards, will this bug be fixed so these games are available on Nvidia, or is it unfixable?

tRpi

you'll see when its done.. this thread is just an information thread.. not an "will chankast support game xyz?", "will chankast run game xyz faster than in v0.25?"

Status
Not open for further replies.