What's new

I am tired of emulation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorxon

Administrator
It's sad to see you leave Azimer...you were one of the people here who was not fooling around all the time and who you could discuss seriously with...I even was a beta tester for your emulator (back in the GOOD old days...still miss those;) ) for a short period...a great piece of work and it's very much appreciated (sp?) all the time you spent on making it (not to mention your awesome audio plugin).

Have fun!

Martin

Administrator
Take care Azimer, it's sad to see you leave. :(

Please at least come to #Emulation64 to talk to me, I swear I won't talk about gays. :(

*Kiss kiss*
*Asshug*

:(

icepir8

/me is feeling awfully lonely....

Azimer
jabo
zilmar
hWnd
Lemmy
RCP
Lothos
Crickit
Nighthawk
and many more.

bodie

extremely sorry to see you go azimer, I hope you find success in everything you do.You will be sorely missed
regards bodie

Dabba_Deh

The Sultan
Az, I agree with you fully. For a while, I was on emulation related things for an hour or more a day. It started when I got a P3 450mhz IBM PC used for $400CDN last September. I spent hours and hours trying to find a good configuration for Zelda:MoM, and thanks to PJ64, I was able to find it. After the novelty wore off, the scene started to get really boring. I still hung around alot, because I was still very interested in it, and someday hoped to code some sort of Emulator myself. But after a while, it just gets hard to stand all the stupid ass newbie posts & lame ass 13 year old kids flaming each other. So I left for a while. I came back when I got my current comp, and quickly got fed up with all the bullshit...and left again. It's nice to just take a break from it all once in a while.

Although I didn't talk to you ever [that I can remember], I'll still be sad to see you go. You were an icon of 64 emulation, and to date, I haven't found a better audio plugin for my specs. It sucks that you won't be updating it anymore, because although Schibo is great, he doesn't know your plugin anywhere near as well as you do. I think I speak for the rest of the community when I say...I hope you come back in the future. Take care.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Bye Azi - It is a shame but you gotta do what u gotta do. N64 emulation is gradually departing. I just hope it's legacy lives long and that authors do what cyrus64 did - move on 2 next gen!!!

Jesse

Martin said:
Take care Azimer, it's sad to see you leave. :(

Please at least come to #Emulation64 to talk to me, I swear I won't talk about gays. :(

*Kiss kiss*
*Asshug*

:(

"asshug" :)

:D

mesman00

What's that...?
you will be missed...but you know that they say, out with the old, and in with the new. you see, we are just entering the new wave of great emulation programmers. Those who have left us served there duty, and now its time for new programmers to take there spot.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
mesman: That's true, but who can go without grieving at least a little over this? oh, the ones who use emus to play games without thinking about the people behind them. Man, this is really starting to make the scene look bad.. i miss the old days.. :(:(

tooie

lol, I remember when uhle was first released everyone was saying emulation scene sucks, to many lamers in now. It repeats it self. n64 emulation now seems to be really dieing .. hopefully uhle2 will bring it back to life .. but we will see .. lots of the best people involved in n64 emulation are now gone .. or not really doing that much as compared to before. God bless azimer.. Maybe some day I will meet you .. you never know ..

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i think people don't release what a small group of people are responsible for most of the real progress that's happened... IMHO some of these people (who are leaving) are not actually replaceable, at least not with equivalents... having talked to these guys, they have a depth of knowledge that only comes from years spent performing black magic on the hardware, so it's a good thing most of the work has been done :)

Last edited:

mesman00

What's that...?
cooliscool: i agree with you, it is sad to see when of the great's leaving...but it happens, and it will continue to happen. in my opinion, we are coming closer to the dawn of a new era w/ next gen consoles. And the old days... i miss the days where snes9x was the biggest thing since cheese burgers.

oh, and i don't know if you were implying this or not (i don't think you were) but i don't use emu's without thinking of the people behind them, heck i don't use emu's at all, haven't had one in years...except when i played rockNES over the summer to beat mario3, but that has been long gone. i just love to follow the scene, and see the developments.

Martin

Administrator
I agree with Smiff, very well put. However, I hope people will continue development, and we shouldn't forget that there are other systems that have quite a bit of work to do to get where the Windows guys have gone. And we're looking forward to it

(especially Linux) :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
this is real sad, too many ppl are leaving. azi has done a lot of work for the n64 emu scene, and will definitely be remembered as one of the great ones here. its just a shame he has quit at a time when lots of other ppl have left.

azimar, all the best in ur life, thank you for spending time with ur projects, congratulation on ur great work, and enjoy the freedom you now have. its a real shame, i know a lot of ppl were looking forward to apollo, and the audio plugins. anyhow, the forum may be a bit lame now, but its happened before, and then things get better, and then worse then better again. hopefully u will visit every so often, or at least in #emulation64. good luck dude :)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Sayargh said:
sometimes i wonder why we even bother having a forum. :(

Because some of us actually bother to hang around through bad times, as well as good. :plain2:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Sayargh said:
sometimes i wonder why we even bother having a forum. :(

then dont post here anymore if that wat u want. u dont have to visit this site. seriously if thats the attitude of some of u ppl, then leave, and then the ppl who still do like emutalk can enjoy the forum without ppl bitching all the time.

anyway, this is not the thread to talk about the issue, i just had to post this comment cos this is an example of some of the negative crap the et members hav to put up with. most of the time this is a great place to visit and read stuff. let it stay that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.