What's new

Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

Smiff

Emutalk Member
wtf is going on here.

the solution is to teach people one simple rule that they can take with them to the computer store. that is:

"i don't want any integrated parts please".

which must go along with

"i'm willing to pay a bit more for seperates".

you may well be shown the door, but so be it.

Yes that won't help you now but it sure as hell will next purchase you make.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Smiff is absolutely right: an integrated solution would be good only in a full upgrade (u remove the old component from the old case and replace it, as I'm doing with the Sound card of my new PC), otherwise it's only suicidal to buy such a solution, but first of all SUCH A CHIPSET!!! There was one on my old motherboard, and I bought it 7 years ago!
Evrain

crhylove

Banned
actually....

i can almost PROMISE you this guy has an empty pci slot, and that the internal gfx card can be bypassed either through the bios or mobo jumpers.

this is kind of 733+ skills territory if your a n00b, but hey, you gotta learn sometime.

look inside your box dude, c if u have an agp slot, and if u do, get an agp card and upgrade, otherwise, get a pci one.

good luck

rhy

oh here's a shopping tip: www.pricewatch.com

SSonicHedgehog

i have had my computer for..... i think about a little over half a year to a year (not sure)..... it's a Hp Pavilion 8650C
i have an Intel 810 Chipset Graphics Driver PV 2.0
it's not my fault that i have this computer, my dad is the one that buys any computers i have ever had.
He trys to get the realy fast but not very expesive computers, and if it's ends a with a good card thats great but if it don't.... oh well because unless the computer doesn't work right he won't take it back.
me and my dad know alot about computers and yes he would know to get a better gfx card but we don't have the money to get a "GOOD" computer.
besides a freind of mine has an intel chipset card (i think it might be the 815e) in his e-machine and it run everything perfectly (includind n64 emulators), so not all chipsets are bad.
i also know some one else with a chipset (it's almost the sames as what i have) he has a hp pavilion with a chipset gfx driver and when he (and after words my dad) tryed to put in a better gfx card the computer "had a fit"
they got set up so that the computer was using the new card but the computer would not work with the chipset disabled so they had to force the computer to only use the chipset when it had to.
but that still didn't completly fix the problem (computers with older chipsets make it hard to change gfx cards, the computer still wants the chipset)

Oh and here is what the other deadalus plugin does on pj64 and 1964. Any ideas how to fix this?

Last edited:

SSonicHedgehog

BTW on my computer it says that the chipset gfx has up to 11mb allocated form my ram to video memory (my computer came with 64mb ram and is now 256mb)

jih2000

You can usually allocate system memory to the graphics card in the bios (usually press del when the computer first turns on or resets) and change the AGP apature size. A rule of thumb is to set this to half the size of the system ram eg you have 256mb so set it to 128mb. (Although your graphics card may be hardwired to use only 11mb!)

However if I were you I would disable the graphics card and purchase a cheap geforce 2 (£40 in the UK and even Geforce3Ti200 is £80)!!!, you will save yourself a lot of time and frustraction and it will improve the overall performance of your system too!

MartyMcFly

Jabo

Emulator Developer
about 10 years ago, I had a computer with integrated graphics, there was a jumper to disable onboard graphics to replace it with newer stuff. I would imagine that same ability exists today, so go to the store and buy a cheap video card with this in mind.

These days integrated graphics have gotten much better, ATi and nVidia have solutions I dreamed about years ago for the consumer market. I doubt they are heavily used, but they exist.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Hey, Check out Wipeout 64!

2d is great, although the 3d is very messed up, a bit like jabo's plugin .. but reversed! anyway glad to see the 2d is emulated in this game..

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Well i own the actual game and i now for a fact that the screenshot you showed me doesn't look right

Btw I am using 1964 and have a geforce 2 card the same as you :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
we all 'have own the game' ;) (j/k). there are minor issues, but the game is still playable, of course im sure its missing quite a lot from its console status, but the game doesnt suffer from major gfx issues that prevent playablility, or its not unrecognisable from wat its meant to look like.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
True, but some parts of the track seem to be transparent for me, or mucked up, anyway, saying that, i won't complain, this plug-in is great.

I also believe its faster than Jabos video plugin, :D

go :1964: and the unofficial :daedalus: plugin, it simply rocks, i'm definatly impressed by it even if it has some minor issues :)

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
The plugin fixed the problem with the cars in Penny Racers. Now you can actually see the cars.:) Good work Rice.:1964:

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
A word to Sonic: Next time you buy a PC, Build it yourself! Buy the separate parts and put it up yourself. Since you and your father know about computers, this shouldn't be hard. And it will be cheaper too. So, next time, build it yourself. It will be more enjoyable ;)