What's new

Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

Oravla

Another Games

Donkey Kong 64: Runs Fine, you can see the intro story, camera issues.

Hybrid Heaven: text problem.

Bomberman Second Attack: Text and menus Problems

ExciteBike 64: Backgrounds Problems, run very fast.

MegaMan 64: walls ok.

Paper Mario: sprites problem, less flickering.

Bomberman 64: Press Start in Intro.

Bust -A-Move: Runs Perfect.

In General the plugin need more 2d support.

But this is a great plugin

sk8bloke22

roll for life
hey oravla, u tried about every game i tried. yeh, this is a great plugin, and its pretty new, so its got plenty of time to get better.

lodmaster

I tried this on PJ64 and 1964. WCW/NWO Revenge, WCW World Tour, and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 all freeze. Revenge looks great, but after about a minute it freezes. The other 2 freeze before I can get to the actual fighting. Is this a known problem or is it just me?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
lodmaster, for WCW/NWO Revenge, WCW World Tour, I remember you need to use the "Smart Screen Update" option. Even it freezes, I don't believe it is caused by the plugin, should caused by emulator.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: Another Games

Oravla said:
Paper Mario: sprites problem, less flickering.

hm, still hassprites problem. Can you post a shot? And is it still flickering? You can try to frame buffer type = "Double Buffer Copy Sync", it will be slow.

lodmaster

Rice said:
lodmaster, for WCW/NWO Revenge, WCW World Tour, I remember you need to use the "Smart Screen Update" option. Even it freezes, I don't believe it is caused by the plugin, should caused by emulator.

hmmm, I've tried Apollo, 1964 and PJ64. Are there any options in the emus that could be making the games freeze?

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Don't know, I tried the WCW v nWO world tour, no freeze for me.

LD.

*poke*
Most likely it's a bad ROM then. Helluva nice job on the plugin Rice, even though it runs like treacle for me (ie: very very slowly)

lodmaster

Nope, it's a good rom. I'm still messing around with settings. I'll tell you if I find anything. Anyone else having trouble with WCW/NWO: Revenge?

guve25

...mmm... help here please... Pj64 and 1964 both crashes whenever I use the plug in... ?

is it because my spec?

cely 800@1024
geForce 2 gts @ 210/350
yamaha XG
256-pc133

i've downclock the rig, but still the emus freezes

harb

I get an errormessage,too,using that plugin.

"Uploadscreen failed"
the emulator is closed

both p64 and 1964 show the same results...

any way to fix that? :-/

crhylove

Banned
ditto....

i've got the same error. and i've got to ask despite the welling of fear in my soul with apprehension about the answer:

are you runnin' win 98se? cuz imho that is the defacto win 2 run. xp and me and 2000 are all slow and won't run all my games/apps.

but....

the whole 1964 crew is mega anti 98 (see win 98 thread in the .8.3 removed area or whatever on this board).

n e way... i'll put my money where my mouth is and ship you guys a win 98 pc for testing if u want. nothin' fancy, just some crap old k6, but that'll do the job (as far as checking for crashes).

because xp is the continuation of ms spyware and should be boycotted DESPITE the technical and compatibility issues (not to mention speed, speed SUCKS in xp!!!).

rhy

SSonicHedgehog

hey rice
is there any way that add support for intell chipset video cards?
with my intell chipset and your d3d deadalus video plugin, with any emulator i use i get no textures at all with most games and some game only show part of the gfx.
with version 0.07b a lot of games worked but with 0.08 almost nothing works and every thing goit a lot slower.

here are some pictures

first is Mario 64

SSonicHedgehog

hey rice
is there any way that add support for intell chipset video cards?
with my intell chipset and your d3d deadalus video plugin, with any emulator i use i get no textures at all with most games and some game only show part of the gfx.
with version 0.07b a lot of games worked but with 0.08 almost nothing works and every thing goit a lot slower.