What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Goldeneye Multiplayer

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

I dunno multiplayer consumed alot of time we will see when the time comes...I would say theres a good chance ill start on singleplayer if the feedback on my multiplayer is good.

Nin_10_Dough

Nice work , it's nice to see a faithful recreation of the original instead of some crazy theme (not to discredit some of the cool themes here ) :flowers:

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Took a while but heres the new deathmatch font...there seems to be alot of font variations in the game this is the only one done currently. Ill get around to the other ones later.

sick deal

That font looks nice. I think there is only 2 font sets in the game, one for the pause menu text and map select screen, the second font is used for the main menu and the words that appear in the corner of the screen when you first begin a mission. Each font set has a lower and upper case, but the first font set I spoke of just uses smaller versions of the upper case.

I spent alot of time trying to update both of these sets, but alignment issues drove me insane. The main menu font is Arial I believe, but the other font I could not figure out. Seems like the font you use is pretty close to the original.

If you care, here is the work I did on the main menu font. Unfortunatly spacing is far from perfect, but it does give an idea of what the menus will look like with new hi rez lettering.

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Theres large sets of caps and lower case and smalls sets from what I can tell.
The font sets used in multiplayer are seperate from the menus, but I think they are the same as the score keeping font set.
Rare uses Microsoft type font for their logo and alot of other things in their games, the goldeneye font appears to just be a custom boldface font I just used a font called boombox.
If you want to get your spacing issues figured out just make sure the font is far left of the image space available, and ignore the stretch marks for all the letters except 1 or I.

Last edited:

Cönker1

Kerber2k said:
Theres large sets of caps and lower case and smalls sets from what I can tell.
The font sets used in multiplayer are seperate from the menus, but I think they are the same as the score keeping font set.
Rare uses Microsoft type font for their logo and alot of other things in their games, the goldeneye font appears to just be a custom boldface font I just used a font called boombox.
If you want to get your spacing issues figured out just make sure the font is far left of the image space available, and ignore the stretch marks for all the letters except 1 or I.
OMFG, thats sad, your Hi-Res texture pack looks WAY better than the Goldeneye Source Mod. Well, its sad for them, great job I must say.

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

That does look the same, but so does microsoft sans serif. Rare even used M$ serif for their logo font. Your alignment looks better than mine perhaps you would like to contribute your textures. :party:

sick deal

yea, I would love to contribute to your awsome texture pack. I still need to dump a few more textures before it is complete however. The screenshot I posted did not have antialiased lettering, so I will have to remake all the letters but it shouldn't take that long. Ill try to post a comeplete pack within a few days.

Last edited: