What's new

Glide64 Screenshots

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Forward:

As a result of a mishap, the previous thread was deleted. I went to selectively remove posts when I realized yes meant no and no meant yes when it was up for deletion. vBulletin should be a little smarter then that. I assumed yes meant to keep the post. Anyway. This is the new and improved Glide64 Screenshot thread. I hope, with the help of many other Glide users, that this thread will be twice that of the previous one in quality screenshots. Don't reply to this message... and lets post some great shots.

LD.

*poke*
I would, but that means booting into Windows 98, and pausing this download I got going... I'll do some in around 4 hours :)

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
I suggest we keep this thread in order this time, so if you wish to post a ScreenShot, post it only from Glide64, and state your system specifications and the version of Glide64, thank you

Glide64 version: 0.151 DEV (new texture code at about 70% completion)

specs:
Intel Celeron 850 Mhz
Voodoo 5 5500 (official drivers) at 4x FSAA 640x480
Windows 98 SE

SS notes:
this is one of the best things that got fixed with the new texture code, the Hybrid Heaven text:

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Army Men - Sarge's Heroes

Glide64 version: DEV 0.108.NET (last ver before new texture code)

specs:
Intel Celeron 850 Mhz
Windows 98 SE

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
DK64

Glide64 version: 0.151 DEV (new texture code at about 70% completion)

specs:
Intel Celeron 850 Mhz
Windows 98 SE

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Ogy, check if the textures in Rainbow Six is fixed. I remember it was pretty nasty on Jabos.

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
1964 083c Glide64 0.1

ss04.JPG

ss03.JPG

ss01.JPG

OS: WinXP Professional 5.1 (Build #2600) CPU: Intel Pentium, 233 MHz Video: Hansol Mazellan14ax on 3DFX Voodoo Banshee (1024x768x16bpp 60Hz) Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI Memory: Used: 89/128MB Uptime: 7h 4m 52s 16ms HD: Free: [C:] 0.93/3.99 GB [D:] 0.06/1.96 GB Connection: 1-Telefonica Net via Módem estándar de 56000 bps @ 31200 bps (Rec: 6.52MB Sent: 0.87MB)

LD.

*poke*
Yeah, OK, so it took a little longer than I thought it would...

Glide64 v0.1 running on Project64 v1.5 beta1 set to 640x480 and Bilinear filtering.

First up...

LD.

*poke*
It runs well most of the time, but with a lot of slowdown with lots of characters/effects onscreen. Great fun to play though :)

LD.

*poke*
Next one is Earthworm Jim 3D. This game has (in v0.1 at least) a really annoying problem, where all of the 2D sprites are behind the 3D scenery. The result? All the swishy flashy sparkly effects are invisible, as well as the marbles, energy, several types of ammo and a few enemies. Apart from that, it plays great :D

LD.

*poke*
Fighters Destiny is next, and its a good game. Its got a few errors, but for the most part its spot on :)

LD.

*poke*
Mario Golf is the next game I screened. The ground looks really messed up, so you can't tell wether you're aiming towards fairway or rough... but what the hell, its a great game!

LD.

*poke*
Mario Party 3. All the minigames I've played so far work spot-on, and at a really good speed.

LD.

*poke*
Mario Tennis... one of my personal favourites on the N64. As you can see it has problems, but its perfectly playable. I can see how problems with the motion blur on the ball will stay for a while though...

LD.

*poke*
Lastly, just for fun, it's Conker's Bad Fur Day! Sooo many missing graphics, and wrong textures, and all that stuff. But it's slightly playable if you know exactly where everything is (which I don't ;)).