What's new

Feedback for Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel 2 Beta ...

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Answer for a few questions:

. Yes, this plugin works with priviate build of 1964, but it should still works just fine with all other emulators. You just can not use fast frame buffer emulating without the private 1964.

. I have seen some combiner/blender problems, even with Zelda OOT.

. This plugin is developed with GE2 MX400, it could very likely have combiner/blender problems on other video cards.

. It is working better under 32bit than 16bit, because I know I did not do many things for 16bit.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
very nice. a lot of options, and it needs an .ini file desperately, i would offer but i dont hav enuff roms. ill try and test all my roms today with it and mail u the results. a few games seem broken:

worms armageddon - ingame is much worse than before
wipeout64 - EDIT: works now no problem
zelda: ocarina of time: has severe issues mentioned in a few posts below.

i cant remember wat else, other than that some incredible stuff. oh and 'YOSHI'S STORY' = WOW . i think resident evil II crashes once u enter the gun shop, i havnt fully experimented with it yet tho.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ffs.. thats PJ64's RSP error, switch to recompiler for zelda

Last edited:

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
He He Check out my shadow, ps cheers smiff that speeded up 1964 by about 100%
Anyone know this problem!!!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
its not publically available yet.

grant, im guessing u either need new drivers, or theres an issue with tnt cards (which is odd cos usually most nvidia cards hav identical results in emulation). this is how it should look

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Is it only available for beta testers now?

And when will we "hungry" no-knowledge-users have the opportunity to download this great-lookong plugin??! *wuaaaaa*

sk8bloke22

roll for life
the zelda games seem to be having major issues. OoT has a flashing problem, that is sorta solved by enabling 'hacks' but then there are huge gfx issues that still remain. am i doing anything wrong, ill try out MoM, but when i last tried it the plugin gave some error.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
The flashing problem is eliminated by enabling Smart Screen Update!!! in the Video Options, worked for me anyway!!!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh that worked cheers. theres still pretty big blending issues that aernt totally fixed by 'alpha blending' . also for some odd reason, both zelda games will crash if i have rsp enabled.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Smiff, send me your email addr and I will send a copy to you.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
okay heres 2 shots of games that i can see progress in (theres plenty more)

bust-a-move 2 has some sorta fmv intro, well its working damn swell...definitely the best ive seen emulated

sk8bloke22

roll for life
and gauntlet legends seems almost perfect, except for an occasional flashing issue that isnt even that bad, and seems to stop once u enter the first level.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
heres one ingame (btw, for some reason the fulscreen option seems to a bit buggy, in that sometimes it doesnt work and sometimes it does)