What's new

Feedback for Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel 2 Beta ...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
thanks for the email rice... i won't have much time to use it, but some interesting stuff certainly

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Wow...I haven't ever looked much for Ogre Battle...but the graphics look unbelievebly good for N64 :) - and now even emulated well as it seems...
You guys are just great!
Uuuhm...is Doc Mario 64 playable now or is that moving left and right a real problem (I mean...does everybody have that?)

LD.

*poke*
Yeah, they have it if they don't use the right controls ;)

I'm pretty sure it uses the d-pad instead of the stick. Try that.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Dr. Mario uses D-pad. Mario Tennis problem is known, you can use "Disable" for frame buffer, should avoid the crashes.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
lasly said:
Frame Buffer "with emulation" is the only way to make framebuffer work under mario kart , All Is OK But It Slow down emulation . Faster mode doesn't work in those case

You can also use Copy mode, a little faster for Mario Kart.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
a lot of games seem to be screwed up now. very odd, it could be to do with the new release u just mailed that fixes zelda. all the 2d text and logos in shadow man appear as blocks, similar stuff happens in a lot of other games. very odd, i swear this wasnt an issue before :/

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Rice, from what I'm readin', the new plugin'll have lots of settings. It's possible in the future to automatize the options selection?
Evrain

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Evrain said:
Rice, from what I'm readin', the new plugin 'll have lots of settings. It's possible in the future automatize the options selection?
Evrain

most games dont require any settings, or at most 'smart screen update'. others require a lot of fiddling with. a .ini file would sort it out.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
well i doubt these are spec-dependant settings, they're just certain settings required for some games. as a lot of games seem to hav blending issues, the 'alpha blender' setting sorts that out, if a game flickers, u need to enable 'smart screen update' and it sorta ends up with a lot of games needing individual combinations of settings. the daedalus.ini was designed for the original daedalus d3d, and so doesnt support the new options rice has added. of course, it just requires someone to edit/modify the .ini for each game adding the new settings to the .ini . but that takes a lotta time and roms. if u look at an emu/gfx plugin's .ini u will see it assigns the rom with the functions of the emu/gfx plugin, saving the user from having to set the settings himself. the best example is the pj64.rdb which has taken so long to create cos theres so many pj64 options.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
It'd be easier if the modifications were made by reading other users' comments: so if you don't have every ROM in the world, just ask someone who owns it and tadaaaaahhhh.
Mmmmmm, maybe I'm making everything too much easy... ok ok, u can flame me :)
Evrain

Duncan

N64 Addict
The Daedalus .Ini is for the plugin only (auto-generated) and sets the uCode(s), the 1964 Ini is used like normal (game settings, etc.).

Im almost done with the Ini file for this private build/Daedalus plugin and would like to see all beta testers involved with writing it by submitting game settings/comments/fixes, and would be good for keeping track of problems, game support, etc.

If Rice keeps going at the rate he is, it will surpass Jabos D3D :)

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
sk8bloke22 is right, the options are really only the choices for you if you have problems during game playable. You should stick with default options all the time, only change it when need it, and change it back after done.

Default Options:

Frame Buffer: Double-Buffer Copy
Frame Buffer Setting: Faster
Hack: on
Alpha Blender: on
Normal Combiner: off
Color Combiner Disable: off
Smart Screen Update: off
Faster Texture CRC: Off
Scale Texture: Off
Big Img: on
WinFrame Mode: Off

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Duncan said:
The Daedalus .Ini is for the plugin only (auto-generated) and sets the uCode(s), the 1964 Ini is used like normal (game settings, etc.).

Im almost done with the Ini file for this private build/Daedalus plugin and would like to see all beta testers involved with writing it by submitting game settings/comments/fixes, and would be good for keeping track of problems, game support, etc.

If Rice keeps going at the rate he is, it will surpass Jabos D3D :)

The plugin is still reading the daedalus.ini, but in fact, information from the INI file is not used anymore, even the ucode setting is not used because the plugin is detecting ucode setting in other way.

The INI file could be used for other purpose in the further.