What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

El Kameleon's cel Majora's Mask mod

OP
E

El Kameleon

thanks, i guess :D i'm still going strong on some odds and ends right now, trying to work out a schedule of what i want to accomplish each week.

OP
E

El Kameleon

i just want to let you all that are following my project, that i'm currently working on the fonts for the game, and i'll be releasing them to the public in an easy to use form, sadly not a true font though, unless i knew how to make actual fonts. these are japanese fonts that are very very similar to the ones used in WW. right now i'm stuck using a PDF sample of these fonts in a rather high quality that i'm painstakingly cutting and pasting each individual letter, lots of work, but worth it to get it to the community in any form possible.

reggae_b5.gif

rocknroll_db5.gif

OP
E

El Kameleon

believe me, i know, i'm only done with the capital letters of the first font, and about halfway done with the lower case letters of the same font... i still have numbers and symbols of that font and all of the next. like i said though, it'll be worth it to get it out to the community. as always you must remember, this is a copyrighted font, so do what you want with it at your own risk.

Tjalian

If you just want to put each letter into a JPG file, make a canvas with whatever size you want the letters to be. Cut and paste a resonable size of that pic with all the letters, and align it to where you'd like the letter to be. Save as JPG, move the pic along using the d-pad, save as jpeg, wash, rinse, repeat.

Additionally, if you want to have all the letters in a nice PSD form, do the same as above, but instead of saving as JPG, select the entire canvas, do ctrl + j, and you'll have that letter on a new layer without messing up the original one!

OP
E

El Kameleon

um yeah, thats what i've done, i finished the first font... a total of about 70 PSD files weighing in at 7 megs

EDIT: finished the first font, totaling 70 PSD files, 2.33mb zip file. please let me know if i am missing anything.

http://j.nicloay.home.mchsi.com/reggae.zip

if you have recently downloaded this, you might want to again, there was a problem with the registered and copyright symbol when using stroke on them, i fixed it and its been updated

Last edited:

V-King

Just a dude
I almost started crying when I looked at that picture of Tingle.
Not because it would look ugly (in fact it looks really good) but it's SUCH A HUGE PICTURE of the GAYEST person in the history of Zelda.
Akthough I'd like to see him in Twilight Princess, I don't like him.
Besides that, Tingle looks really good as I said before :)

Oh and something about Skullkid:
It looks really cool. I don't know why but that grey outfit with the TWWish symbols looks really awesome and fits absolutely PERFECT to Skullkid.

If I were you I would keep that texture just because it looks effing awesome :)

Tjalian

El Kameleon said:
um yeah, thats what i've done, i finished the first font... a total of about 70 PSD files weighing in at 7 megs

EDIT: finished the first font, totaling 70 PSD files, 2.33mb zip file. please let me know if i am missing anything.

http://j.nicloay.home.mchsi.com/reggae.zip

if you have recently downloaded this, you might want to again, there was a problem with the registered and copyright symbol when using stroke on them, i fixed it and its been updated

Why the hell did you do seperate PSD files? That sounds kind of dumb IMO. You may as well saved them as JPGs.

Im Bored

lol@censors
.jpg sucks... .png for the win. But the principle is the same. In fact png would also support alpha, eliminating the need for psds in this case?

Tjalian

JPG, PNG, whatever, anything other then PSD if you're using seperate files. PSD is designed to keep pictures on seperate LAYERS together in their original true-quality for. No compression, no interlacing, no colour reduction, just pure raw form.

ChimouJ

Tjalian is right, but he could have been nicer about it. They game won't be able to read PSD files. They need to be PNG.

There is a huge difference between JPG (JPEG) and PNG. PNG supports alpha channels and transparency. JPG doesn't. PNG has 24-bit color depth. JPG doesn't. PNG keeps the image in it's pure form without adding noise and reducing colors to save space. JPG doesn't.

OP
E

El Kameleon

i guess you missed the whole reason i used PSD, i didnt make them plug and play, i made it easy to copy-paste them into a new document to make whatever word you desired, and then shrink and add any special effects, strokes, gradients, whatever you wanted to it. of course the game cant read PSD files, do you think i'm dumb? wow... you all really underestimate me. i made the letters as they are to be easily accessible and editable to your needs, and that is all i was ever trying to do. sorry for all you people that think things should come ready on a silver platter and dont want to work for anything. but your right, i could of saved them as PNG, but space isnt a problem for me, and i wanted to keep them as raw as possible, but if some of you demand i make them PNGs, then so be it.

Last edited:

Skyscraper825

For the people who are confused about why El Kameleon used PSD- who care's what format they're in! The fact that spent so much time capturing each individual letter is amazing, and instead of complaining you should be thanking him for his dedication to this project. If you don't like PSD files, just use a batch image converter, gosh! :p

Skyscraper825

No problem El Kameleon! I've been watching a lot of the high-res texture projects for the past months, but I couldn't take all of the stupid spamming/complaints to the artists who are working extremely hard. I really wish I could help more (hey, maybe I'll finally get one of my friggin' textures to load properly!) but for now I'll try to give friendly advice, help stop spamming before it happens, and hopefully give some ideas (or even a texture or two!).

OP
E

El Kameleon

posting one small WIP, more to come later this week once i get more stuff finalized. as you noticed like in the "press start" part, i've only got a few letters changed out for testing purposes, need to make sure the sizing and spacing is perfect.

title2.jpg

The_Z

"The_A"
Looks good, but I think it'd look a bit better if the item describtion box was a bit lighter.

OP
E

El Kameleon

i can fix the puffy cloud things, but the item descripition box i didnt even touch :S thats how it is in the game. really the only things you are suppose to notice are the buttons and the words, magic meter and heart meter... thats all i've been working on this week lately, so dont bother looking at the backgrounds, there nothing new there yet :p i do have a job, girlfriend, cat, and all that jazz ;)