What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

El Kameleon's cel Majora's Mask mod

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
How did you do the bottom, white curve for the clock. I had trouble getting it to look crisp and clear...

OP
E

El Kameleon

it looks crisp and clear in windowed mode, but as soon as you go fullscreen, it messes up, i still am not sure why, i think they stretched the texture.

OP
E

El Kameleon

sorry to inform all who care, but i'm stopping work on this project. i have many reasons for doing so, but right now its just not worth my time. i spend all day when i get home from work, working on this, thats at least 7 hours a night, and much more time on weekends. then i get comments like "i dont like your eyes...I am sorry" from Djipi fanboys. you know what? if you dont like them, keep the comments to yourself, you arent telling me how i could improve them, so why bother opening your mouth?

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
Wow, El Kameleon, I can understand why u are thinkin of givin up on this but isnt it worth a second thought. I love your work, but what are you gonna do with all the work u have done so far?

Tjalian

El Kameleon said:
sorry to inform all who care, but i'm stopping work on this project. i have many reasons for doing so, but right now its just not worth my time. i spend all day when i get home from work, working on this, thats at least 7 hours a night, and much more time on weekends. then i get comments like "i dont like your eyes...I am sorry" from Djipi fanboys. you know what? if you dont like them, keep the comments to yourself, you arent telling me how i could improve them, so why bother opening your mouth?

If Nintendo stopped at the slightest bad comment, they would of gone out of business since the N64 was first shown in the media, and these forums technically wouldn't exist.

Listen, just because someone says a random comment like that...you shouldn't give up. Djipi didn't. Federelli and K-Man didn't. Vanit, MuhMuh, mdu, TS_Death_Angel, and many others including myself didn't give up because of random comments like that...so why should you?

If you can't take slight comments like that, to be honest dude, you're not gonna get very far in life. No offence, but its the truth.

OP
E

El Kameleon

you know what, i had this big long explanation typed up, and then i go and hit the wrong button :S now i'll just give you the short and sweet version. i didnt quit due to negative comments, that was just the one that jerked my chain at that time. in all honesty, it has to do with time, i'm starting to blow off my social life, and thats a sure sign of obsession, so i'm going to quit this game and let Djipi crank it out, while i find a lower profile game to work on in my spare time. i was toying around with Quest 64, but it has too many emulation issues to even bother. any suggestings for games in dire need of restoration?

EDIT: hah, i'm an idiot, the problem with quest 64 is that it doesnt support alpha transparency. so yeah, thats why it looked fucked up, cause i had in-between transparencies in there, too funny :p

Last edited:

Tjalian

Ah...yeah...maybe it was the best idea you quit then! XD Or, not quit, as such, just take an extended break. You never say never :)

Skyscraper825

I wouldn't completely quit if I was you, because you have already made some amazing progress. I'm perfectly fine with your choice to... erm... "save your life". Social life that is. Best not end up like those creepy World of Warcraft players! I understand that you and Djipi are different, and you don't always work well together, but I'd suggest that you do some texturing here and there, and hopefully Djipi will like it and put it in his pack. If he doesn't like it, whatever! Just post the link for anyone to download and enjoy, k?:happy:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
El kameleon , i think there is a good game to retex with your style , it's
Banjo Kazooie.

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
Djipi said:
El kameleon , i think there is a good game to retex with your style , it's
Banjo Kazooie.
Yeh, that's actually a really good idea. I think that you should drop the Majora's Mask project and perhaps start on Banjo Kazooie. I would love to see such a good game all retextured!

OP
E

El Kameleon

thank you all for your support, i'll prolly release what i've done on monday, but for now, i'm working on bomberman 64 ;) i LOVE that game

zeldafan970

hey El Kameleon, I just wanted to say that your retextures are awesome, I still can't get over your Tingle. I think you made some real progress and I hope that Djipi puts some of your stuff in his pack because most if not all of it is freakin' brilliant!!

ChimouJ

supergoku5 said:
ok!!For zelda?You continu?I like your re-texture but it is funny. You can make like Djipi?
It would be really boring if everyone made everything the same way. Djipi has his style and Kameleon has his.