What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03.2 x64 Public Beta (single/dualcore support)

Bianc0neri

Direct3D Device Creation failure!

That message always appears when I boot a game on both beta versions of Dolphin 64 although 32-bit versions work fine...

You have any ideas what's going on?

No I haven't, sorry mate. But it's wierd. how can 32-bits of Dolphin work on your computer when the Dolphin X64 doesn't? :S

Try to find out something on Google, I'm sure it will help you solve your problem, I hope...

lcddown

@Bianc0neri: If ector, himself, the creator of Dolphin, had no clue what was going on I don't think Google can offer any help... BTW I already searched everywhere using google and the only threads that were somewhat related to my problem took me back here (dolphin @ emutalk) although all of those threads were related with 32-bit versions of Dolphin that about 2-4 years old but had the same 3D Device Creation error as mine...

Killler07

@Bianco... (sry can't keep it in mind :D)

Try playing around with your graphics settings.

For example when I set Antialiasing to 6x i get the same error.
1-4x works
Or try changing the Shader setting...
Well you can only try..:nemu:

lcddown

Hey Killer07, I have the problem not Bianc0neri...

And BTW I already tried like 5 million times what you suggested and everything else you can try but, as ector says, it seems to be a bug in Dolphin... Some D3D flag has been set on the plugin that my crappy video card doesn't support...

So don't worry about my problem anymore... I'll just wait for the next release of Dolphin, when and if it comes... or else just screw around with the dll myself...

s20dan

Hi. I read that some of you are getting very high framerates insome conditions. You know you can limit your framerate to your refreshrate on your monitor by using vertical sync. and might have to use tripple buffer too. yeah 60hz is still very high, but its better than 200odd during the text areas of games. (I.E I get 200+ for the very beginning of zelda where it is explaining the story in the book, but using vertical sync, it stays at about 57 meaning you can read the text)

djnforce9

Hi. I read that some of you are getting very high framerates insome conditions. You know you can limit your framerate to your refreshrate on your monitor by using vertical sync. and might have to use tripple buffer too. yeah 60hz is still very high, but its better than 200odd during the text areas of games. (I.E I get 200+ for the very beginning of zelda where it is explaining the story in the book, but using vertical sync, it stays at about 57 meaning you can read the text)

I'll have to try that since I'm getting similar speed problems. I didn't think any limiter in any shape or form was implemented.

Overall, It's definately much faster due to the utilization of my x64 OS and of course the dual core support (though I've never seen dolphin exceed the usage of one core on my system (25% CPU on my quad core machine) even with dual core support enabled for some reason)

twilite

wow, you guys rock out loud, quite amazing what you've done in the last six months or so, im REALLY impressed. With that said, i agree with the quad core guy, ive never seen it go over 50% ,using the latest beta, on my core2 duo. Thanks guys for all the efforts, you really are doing amazing things.

calhau

wow dolphin runs fast now :bouncy: (actually faster then it should).

on the top of the window it displays fps: 35 - 45 but it is actually running much faster is there any frame limiter option ? cuz i can't see it :plain:

GoodBytes

I have search the forum and cannot see any similar problem with solution.
If this was already asked, and skipped it when I was searching, I would like to apologize.

I have a problem, when I run a game I only see a black screen (no sound, and controls don't seam to work either). I tried to play around with the settings but it fails to show different results. I have also tried to wait 1-2 min to see if it will kick in, but nothing...

I have downloaded Dolphin 64 64-bit Beta 3 (also occurs with Beta 2) [downloaded here at post #1], and I just want to know (as I only have 1 game) if my game Ikaruga EURO simply doesn't work, despite the fact that I saw a screen shot of it running with the same version. of Dolphin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
- AMD Athlon 64 4400+ X2 S939
- Nvidia nForce 4 32X SLI
- 1x Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128MB of RAM
- 2GB DRR RAM
- no programs running on the back.

Thanks in advance.

GoodBytes

No it's not the pixel shader...
Well it used to work with previous version of dolphin.... Now it doesn't even work on the older version.
It seams to stop working when I changed from XP to Vista 64-bit.
Maybe it got damaged due to a bad backup...

Thanks thus.

Bianc0neri

Thanks ector and thanks F|RES for this awesome emulator, it runs very well, and I've no problems with it. :)

Keep up the great work!

cybercrash

wow masterofthewind , that sound awesome!! its like the gamecube itself..

btw will Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness WORK??? on this new ver?

oh and , whats the point if ur buying a new windows, computer parts.. u might as well buy a game cube...

Last edited: