What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03.2 x64 Public Beta (single/dualcore support)

I don't think they planned on releasing this to the public but since they have stopped work on it they said "what the hell" lets just do it. So lets not bitch and moan about this version not being right and lets just enjoy something new to use.

BlueFalcon7

Wow, holy crap! I never thought I would see the day...

Congrats guys, this is what I like to see. Gamecube games are officially playable (sorta) on my E6600 (which is pretty freaking fast) I can get 1/4 speed on Zelda

NICE Job! This almost calls for celebration :)

Just dont release something fully playable too quickly ;)

lightchris

Really, really nice speed improvements. So it is indeed possible to achieve playable framerates with current hardware in GC emulation. :)

Amazing work @ the team!

edit: One question: I don't get any sound neither in Wind Waker nor in Super Mario Sunshine (the 2 games i tested so far). Is this normal or has it something to do with my soundchip or my configuration? My onboard soundchip is a Realtek HD Audio. It's the same problem with the latest 32 Bit release of Dolphin btw. (which is no wonder since the plugins haven't been updated).

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
I have a 32 Bit system , windows vista premium edition , 30078 Mo ram , geforce 8800GTS AND i can't play . . . It's so Bad . . .

I think it's alittle silly to say blame Nintendo that they didn't make their console easier to duplicate. When you take on a project like this you know what you're getting into as far as what will be a problem and what will not be. They just need to get it done somehow, or not.

enix-sama

Shadow the Hedgehog and Super Smash Bros. Melee are the only games that I have tested that have sound...

Were there changes made to improve compatibly, or is this new beta all for the sake of bringing it to 64x?

I would like to test a bunch of other games that have been deemed incompatible in previous versions, but it'd be nice to know if it would even be worth it.

Toasty

Sony battery
Man! :drool: I go camping for a week and the whole internet explodes with activity! Now I just need to get my paws on a 64-bit copy of Windows!

Sercio

I think it's alittle silly to say blame Nintendo that they didn't make their console easier to duplicate. When you take on a project like this you know what you're getting into as far as what will be a problem and what will not be. They just need to get it done somehow, or not.

The problem is that the soundchip of the gamecube isnt well documented! There are no good specefics devs can use for a good audio plugin.
Thats all

enix-sama

I must have not had my speakers on when I tested DBZ: Budokai 2, it has full audio, music and sfx, it would be perfect if it weren't for that weird graphical glitch that renders it in the top left side of the screen.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes still doesn't work :(.

I must have not had my speakers on when I tested DBZ: Budokai 2, it has full audio, music and sfx, it would be perfect if it weren't for that weird graphical glitch that renders it in the top left side of the screen.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes still doesn't work :(.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door has sound as well, no music though.... ;)

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Just wanted to add how impressed I am with this. Tried a few self-ripped games, almost forgot how stunning Wind Waker looks. Amazing technical achievement! :party:
This has led to me digging out my GameCube games that I never quite got around to finishing now I remember how great some of them were.
Again, brilliant work. I haven't been quite as stunned by an emulation project since the early days of TRWin/TR64.

BlueFalcon7

As for the sound, the likely reason why it doesn't work on most Nintendo games, is that the sound for those games have not been cracked and documented. Sega games use ADX audio, which has been known how to play even before the gamecube's time, since it has existed for a long time. Also, SSBM audio has been cracked too. Rule of thumb; if it works in the in_cube plugin, it works with the dolphin (besides AFC, and a few others.)

DooDahMan

Operational Status: Nominal
Ok I've given the Emu the run around and I don't know if it's my OS or my video card or the emulator but when I try to run Animal Crossing, there's something there but I just can't see it. Only when I hit the stop button on the Emu do I see the actual game screen very briefly. Sometimes it pops up for a second or two while it's running but that's about it?

Can anyone verify if this is just my system or is it the emu?

Also since I imagine this emulator probably would have been made on a pre DX10 machine, would it be wiser to use it with a 64bit version of XP rather than Vista?

Thanks! :bouncy: