What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Djipi's Final Cel Zelda MOD

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
phoenixengulfed said:
I decided to try updating the English menus. I'm not done yet, but I figured I'd post what I have so far in case people are interested. Right now all I have done are the copy, erase, and file buttons. I plan to finish off the main menu and the options menu and I'll update this post as I work.

Here's a screen shot of what's done so far:
my.php

*Update*
Finished all the menu buttons (added save, erase, end and yes)
Started working on the other text (name entry screen and part of the options screen now done)

It will probably be a few days before I get the chance to do any more.
w00t!! Very nice work! Can't wait for you to finish it. :)

Also, Djipi, you have truely out done yourself with this pack, big congrats from me! :happy:

Last edited:

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
Great job on this pack Djipi. I was never really into cel shaded graphics, but i really liked this. It's awesome playing OoT without the crappy graphics.

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I have a question. What is the texture for the weird part in this picture? Is it able to be textured? I'm referring to the shield messed up in the picture.

thelegendofzelda04dj.jpg

JDavis

However, when dumping textures, that garbage is dumped... So would it not be possible to make a texture to replace it?

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Been mentioned a million, billion, gazillion times. The answer is partially yes, and partially no. The amount of combinations, and different changes etc. make it close to impossible to do, not to mention it's done via the framebuffer which Rice DOES support on some systems using a certain setting. Not to mention that Orkin's Direct64 plugin emulates it near perfectly - and the upcoming version will have support for cel-shading, truform, and high-res textures, making most of the point for doing such hard work useless within a year or so. So basically, yes, but it just isn't worth it.

The_Z

"The_A"
In case your wondering, making the N64 frame buffer emulation into "Basic Framebuffer & with emulator" and making the Rendering to texture emulation into "Write back and reload" should make the framebuffer as good as possible for Rice's Plugin.

In the equipment select screen, Link's mouth will be partly gone, as will the shield. But other things work perfectly, at least for me.

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Thanks for the help, here's a picture of what it looks like now if anyone else wants this instead of the sheild garbble.

thelegendofzelda17ph.jpg

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Sorry for the dumb but how do you get this mod to work were do I place the High Res textures?

Edit: Nvm got it to work awsome :)

Last edited:

gamer2

Dreamcaster at Heart
I finally got it to load, now Link no longer looks like some kid in the KKK, but i still get the ol Slowdown

The_Z

"The_A"
I think it's probably due to the amount of RAM you have. When I had 512 MB of RAM, my FPS (PJ64) would frequently drop to 45-55 even with FPS limit off.
I now have 1.5 GB of RAM, I have no slowdowns at all, and unlimiting FPS gives me about 150-200 FPS.

I say that this is for PJ64, because I hear that Project64's fps should be 30 instead of 60. Something like that. :eek:

The_Z

"The_A"
I never said it had to do with your emulator
All I said was although PJ64 and 1964 runs the same the FPS/VIs displays differently. I use PJ64, so I used the FPS I got on that.
I just didn't spell every word out.

Your RAM is what's causing slowdown, I think.
I had 512 before and I had slowdowns.

Make sence now?

That's the only explanation that I could come up with.
I had 512 RAM, it slowed down. I upgraded to 1.5 GB of RAM, no more slowdown.

Last edited:

gamer2

Dreamcaster at Heart
What do you get on screen?

it may help if ou update your videocard drivers or if you put them in the correct place

デボン

Um... Right. I've downloaded the Graphics pack, and I have the ROM, but now what? I don't know how to load it onto to the game. :cry:

EDIT: haha, sorry guys. I totally blew off the rules, and I was missing stuff. I got it now. ^^;

Last edited:

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
gamer2 said:
What do you get on screen?

it may help if ou update your videocard drivers or if you put them in the correct place
The walls, 2D insides of buildings (Like Links House), the Inner parts of the Deku tree (except bridegs), and the graphics for Link on the equipt screen there all demented like there a screwed hyrule shield and stuff.