What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cloudscapes' Super Mario 64 texture pack thread..

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Thanks Weatherton, I stand corrected.
I haven't beat this game in years, so I must of forgotten.

anders339

Weatherton said:
The sub star is necessary for opening up Bowser 2 which is needed to get the key to open the door to go upstairs... the star is needed even in a 16 star run (which involves glitching through several doors and the endless stairs). 70 stars are needed to beat the game legitmately, every star in the game (except the Bowser sub star) can be skipped using glitches. There are 120 stars in total in the game.
Yes, but the sub weren't there and SM64 glitches is the thing is suck on the most :yucky:

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
anders339 said:
Yes, but the sub weren't there and SM64 glitches is the thing is suck on the most :yucky:

When jumping into a level and getting to its title screen, you can choose which star and hence which "game" in the level yo uwant to play. :) Just hit left/right on that title screen untill you highlite the correct star. The "board bowser's sub" is the first one I believe.

anders339

cloudscapes said:
When jumping into a level and getting to its title screen, you can choose which star and hence which "game" in the level yo uwant to play. :) Just hit left/right on that title screen untill you highlite the correct star. The "board bowser's sub" is the first one I believe.
...The actual sub isn't there! With the star to grab! It's shit I tell ya!

Anyway, i tried to edit the Bowser level doors and here's the shit =
bowserdoors1zz.jpg

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
anders339 said:
...The actual sub isn't there! With the star to grab! It's shit I tell ya!

Anyway, i tried to edit the Bowser level doors and here's the shit = (pictar)

The sub isn't there when you select the *first* star of the course?
Something's not right. I've never heard of that happening.

Often when people say "the shit" sometimes it means it's a good thing. Is that the result you actually intended? Did you save in the same format? Does it have exactly the same name? If it's not what you wanted zip the texture(s) you edited and attach it in a reply, I'll have a look.

EDIT: Looks like something from Paper Mario.

Nin_10_Dough

If the sub isn't there on the first star, then you have a messed up rom image. btw cloudscapes, that isn't from paper mario, it's from Super Mario World.

anders339

cloudscapes said:
The sub isn't there when you select the *first* star of the course?
Something's not right. I've never heard of that happening.

Often when people say "the shit" sometimes it means it's a good thing. Is that the result you actually intended? Did you save in the same format? Does it have exactly the same name? If it's not what you wanted zip the texture(s) you edited and attach it in a reply, I'll have a look.

EDIT: Looks like something from Paper Mario.

The SM64 sub thing is shit shit, but the Screnie is like : Dis is da shit. And NO it's from SMW. Is it any good?

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
This texture has exactly the same name as the left side of the star door texture. Letter per letter, number per number. If this texture is not what you intended to be on the bowser door ,there's your problem.

Frogacuda

Very nice progress. Looks like complete retexturing is a very real possibility. I'm amazed at both the quantity of what's been done, and the quality of it all. They have a kind of painted quality that maybe wasn't there originally, but it certainly compatible with the game's style, and works great.

I do think that the trees might look better if they were just re-rendered in a higher resolution, in keeping with the original, though. Same approach should be taken for the coins and such when the time comes. Has anyone tried this yet?

anders339

cloudscapes said:
This texture has exactly the same name as the left side of the star door texture. Letter per letter, number per number. If this texture is not what you intended to be on the bowser door ,there's your problem.
Wtf?? No it isn't!
The right side is SUPER MARIO 64#1EBAE88A#0#2_rgb.png
The left side is SUPER MARIO 64#F2897E05#0#2_rgb.png
Right!?

EDIT : OMG MBE!! AGAIN!!
...But it IS the star door

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
My mistake, I didn't know there were two textures there, thought there was only one.
Yes, left and right side. And yes they have the same name as the star door.

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
We'll see. I'll be fairly busy intill mid-may but I'll still try and release smallish packs of thirty textures now and then.

PDK

New Member, new textures

Hi,
I'm pretty new to the scene, but I enjoy working on games, retexturing and modifying them pretty much.

I think you guys do really awesome work, even thou I'm wondering why some of the Mario64 Texturepacks don't use the maximum resolution possible.

Last week I started my first own retexturing project and modified some of the Mario64 textures. Some of them are pretty close to the original, but on others I tried to create new, more detailed surfaces. The textures replace mainly parts of the Peaches Castle. What took most time was retexturing the clouds (nearly two days, but with some long breaks ;) ). The new texture is from a Caribbean Wallpaper. I don't like it very much, but it was the closest picture I could find. If you find better ones, post them for me, so maybe in future releases I will replace the clouds again (they should have a resolution of at least 1024 x 600, that’s the size of the whole texture, that must be replaced).

What do you think of the Texture Pack?
Please be kind, like already mentioned this is my first Retexturing Project, but ill be happy about any constructive criticism and suggestions.

Here is the Pack (it's an SFX-RAR file that creates new folders in the Plugin-directory , when its correctly installed)