What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cell-Shaded Wave Race 64 (Now with Demo)

Mollymutt

HUD is finished and the menus are like 88% done. I've ran into five textures so far that cannot be changed by the plugin:

- Nintendo Opening Logo
- Large Wave Race Title Logo
- Change Conditions Header
- Erase Course Records Header
- Storm clouds in Marine Fortress

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do with this crowd texture?

This is a quick mock-up. I just found a crowd pic online, and added a cutout filter to it.

Hmm, I think I like it. Can you post the crowd picture you used without the cut-out? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theboy

Please feel free to wearch these forums for the work I did on this game about 6 months agao.. I updated one of the watercrafts and added a beter crowd.

xneoangel

Persona User
Hmmm the crowd looks good but its too realistic for a cel-shaded style, you should try to make it more cartoony.

OP
T

The Dave

At the moment this is the best I can do. I will probably make it tile and switch some colors around to break it up.

Whoops here it is:

bkups2003

If the pack is aimed at being cell shaded, wouldn't it make more sense to make the crowd cell shaded too? Just a comment not a critisizm. I think this looks amazing.

OP
T

The Dave

I actually did use a cutout filter on it. Any harsher and you wouldn't be able to see details.

With the first two levels done and Southern Island almost done I started working on Twilight City.

The progress on this is going to take a huge hault as I leave for school tomorrow and no longer have free time.

Theboy said:
I see you like the crowd. Do you plan on using my highrez watercraft pics?

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with the characters. They are the last on my priority list.

Does anyone who has messed with this have a good dump of the alphabet? Both cases. I can't get all the letters.

Getting more progress. 4 Levels done and all non-gameplay stuff almost done.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Heya, just wanted to say you're doin' a good job here...I hope you'll complete this some time...I haven't ever really played Wave Race, but seeing these screenies, my fingers start itching ;)

Spensad

The Lone Shadow
i have played wave race and this texture looks perfect for the game cant wait till you finish it.

jdsony

I'm not sure if you have any use for these but I did some high res textures for Kaze's watercraft a looong while back. They're redrawn versions of the original textures so they might be more realistic than you want but might work for you.

I also have Photoshop PSD's if that helps.

OP
T

The Dave

Working on Glacier Coast now, I don't get much time to work on this.

image13zu.th.png

OP
T

The Dave

No I plan on having 100% of the textures done, just that school has started. I decided to work on glacier coast now because it might be the hardest one to finish (snow in cel-shading is not the easiest to pull off).

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Yeah, just take your time...I, personally, have no problem with waiting when something good is to come :)
I played played the game...was fun, but then I stopped because I'd rather play it in Cell-Mode ;)