What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Castlevania 64 retexture

OP
Narasi

Narasi

Awesome! Hopefully it will be sooner than next Halloween when we get to play with your amazing texture pack.

Thanks. Forest of Silence and Villa are almost fully done. I'll probably release a beta pack soon. :bouncy:

Last edited:
OP
Narasi

Narasi

Btw, there is one large bug which I can't seem to fix: Reinhardt doesn't have a back.

CASTLEVANIA-4142.jpg

Shin_Gouki

i just watched avn castlevania series it was very interesting, and this game of the series was als mentioned ( not so nice) but imo overall very interesting stuff!

OP
Narasi

Narasi

i just watched avn castlevania series it was very interesting, and this game of the series was als mentioned ( not so nice) but imo overall very interesting stuff!

Yeah, I saw and raged about that review, because half of what he said wasn't even true. Also, that fatal flaw he mentioned was actually his own stupidity to not figure out he had to press the INTERACT button. :ranting:

Shin_Gouki

i guess it depends if your used to the ga,e. if you knew onyl castlevania 2D games before is sure odd.
BTW: i can't wait the new castlevania comming in 2010!!

MasterGunz2345

Wow this looks really good. Cant wait for its release ^_^
And about AVGN, it is true he did mention some flaws, it seems Screwattack hates the game, cause it was voted on Number 1 Top ten worst 2-d to 3-d games, and the Nerd himself didn't like it.

Last edited:
OP
Narasi

Narasi

Just quickly wanted to say that the project isn't dead yet, but I'm currently extremely busy with college so it might take a while for further updates.

jim0_0

It would suck if this project got canceled. Looks really good! Hope you can find a crack of time here and there to add something new.. One texture a month? xD

OP
Narasi

Narasi

poison0.png

poisoned.png

I'm still having trouble finding the right configuration for the plugins. Some areas, especially in Forest of Silence, still drop hugely in framerate from time to time. Also, for some reason the distance fog doesn't seem to cover up the background loading, which is kinda annoying when playing the game.

I tried Glide, and while it works better with the game itself, it doesn't load all the new textures. :unsure:

OP
Narasi

Narasi

Still not dead, folks.

CASTLEVANIA4548.jpg

Yeah, I decided to clearly label the incinerator (or whatever it's supposed to be) with text and an actual handle since so many people seem to have trouble figuring these things out.
CASTLEVANIA-154.jpg

Mephistodin

I can't even get the download to work to get the HD textures for LOD.... Each file completes to about 22meg and then stops. The entire 10part download is corrupted >_>