What's new

Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
What video card u using the old ones can caulse alot of problems. Maybe grab a newer card like ATi APG HD3650 512MB there 180$Aus here less in USA yes they still make apg cards if u use old boards.
But also could be config files in your emu and reg files to. I'v had these problems before.
Could be alot of things.

lewa

Hello,
I'm trying to make the hi-rez texture pack for OOT more complete.
I'm having trouble with some files.
If a bitmap is indexed, does the edited file need to use the same indexed colors?
I'm editing an indexed image. And yes, I: Removed the alpha channel, and indexed the bitmap.

Kodiack

I cannot get this to work on my computer. Rice's Rice Video and Mudlord's Rice Video work fine, but Aristotle's will NOT work. I've tried everything that I can. I have the required Visual C++ installed, I've tried changing various settings, but nothing. The only thing that affects stability is if I disable the ability for the plugin to load high resolution textures; however, if I'm going to be playing a game with the regular textures, I'll be using a different plugin.

I simply cannot figure out what's wrong. I've been trying to get Paper Mario to work on my computer, and it does...until I get to the point where Bowser's Castle is in the sky, in which case it always freezes. Thing is, with this plugin, I can't even get games to BOOT. I just get "Project64.exe has stopped responding". Basically, in layman's terms, this plugin crashes Project 64 100% of the time.

My systems specs are:

Intel Core i7
6 GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce 9600 GT
Windows Vista Home Premium x64

I've noticed a lot more problems on this 64-bit operating system than I have on my laptop's 32-bit counterpart. Is there any hope for us x64 users? Or will we just have to be restricted to playing specific games?

64fanatic

Version 6.1.8 crashes on high res texture load for me, when it is turned off it is fine.

Works on mudlord's version for me still, so something must have changed.

Mollymutt

Did you ever take a look at the error where when you use the check hi res folder when dumping, it stops loading the hi res textures?

lewa

I cannot get this to work on my computer. Rice's Rice Video and Mudlord's Rice Video work fine, but Aristotle's will NOT work. I've tried everything that I can. I have the required Visual C++ installed, I've tried changing various settings, but nothing. The only thing that affects stability is if I disable the ability for the plugin to load high resolution textures; however, if I'm going to be playing a game with the regular textures, I'll be using a different plugin.

I simply cannot figure out what's wrong. I've been trying to get Paper Mario to work on my computer, and it does...until I get to the point where Bowser's Castle is in the sky, in which case it always freezes. Thing is, with this plugin, I can't even get games to BOOT. I just get "Project64.exe has stopped responding". Basically, in layman's terms, this plugin crashes Project 64 100% of the time.

My systems specs are:

Intel Core i7
6 GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce 9600 GT
Windows Vista Home Premium x64

I've noticed a lot more problems on this 64-bit operating system than I have on my laptop's 32-bit counterpart. Is there any hope for us x64 users? Or will we just have to be restricted to playing specific games?

Mmm. I have the same problem, and I am on x64 (windows 7).

Mollymutt

Has anyone thought about getting rid of the folders that nobody ever uses for retexturing (ci_bmp, ci_bmp_with_pal_crc, png_by_rgb_a)?

Cyberman

Has anyone thought about getting rid of the folders that nobody ever uses for retexturing (ci_bmp, ci_bmp_with_pal_crc, png_by_rgb_a)?
Weren't they originally for sorting bitmaps by type of data. Index non indexed etc. (ci with a pallete CRC) is the data now all RAW data?

Cyb

RickCell

Hello everyone.

Plugin Rice does not support native widescreen as Jabo's?

Use 1360x768 resolution,the game runs in Widescreen and Full Screen, but not native.He fills the whole screen, but not in real widescreen, it just stretches the image, leaving flattened (deformed).

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

RickCell

Hello everyone.

Plugin Rice does not support native widescreen as Jabo's?

Use 1360x768 resolution,the game runs in Widescreen and Full Screen, but not native.He fills the whole screen, but not in real widescreen, it just stretches the image, leaving flattened (deformed).

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.