What's new

AICA emulation

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Music definately sounds better than when using Chankast. I have the feeling that Chankast will get even better :) (if Neillparatzo shares info with the Chanka team).

OP
N

Neillparatzo

baktery said:
I've not tested your plugin yet, but (reading what you say) it seems to be a ARM7+AICA emulator with a ARM7 program stored in the data files.

That's exactly what it is, and it's based on the tentative DSF format I posted at http://www.neillcorlett.com/psf/psf_format.txt

About the DSP emulation, how are you emulating it? Have you got documentation about the AICA DSP microcodes?

Yes.

ElSemi

The DSP info would useful for my Model2/3 SCSP emulation, as the DSP is similar in both systems (AICA is an upgraded SCSP)

Satsun

Shuyin_DX said:
I'll try out this plugin and see if it works good or not.

EDIT:I can't find music or sound files in MvsC2.Do we have to rip them some how?

Marvel VS Capcom 2 uses streamed compressed audio (not sampled tracks). If you wanna rip the music from the DC ISO image you'll need some tools like adx2wav or something like that. You can probably find the tools at www.zophar.net to extract the MvsC2 tracks; I've done it before.

Zwei_Fuss

Cool I've been waiting for something like this... is this the music format that SF3 - Double Impact is in? As the files (.ADP) are not adx/adf format. That'd be cool to be able to play them in winamp :)

-ZF

Shuyin_DX

Harder,better,faster,stro nger
Some games have .bin files as music files some of those .bin files have ADX in them so try renaming the .bin files(to .ADX files) that have ADX in their name.
EDIT:Heres a winAMP pugin for .ADX in_adx.zip

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hey Neill are you still on the forum?
It's a long time ago since the last post was done, but I wanted to have a little status progress whether the authors have shared some infos or implemented some of his plugin routines in their emu and whether you have done some more things to your plugin. 64note V0.02 is out so it would be great to see probably an open release of your plugin.
Would be great.
So Neill, are you still there?

MikeEx

this is amazing, if you make this a plugin or incorporate this into chankast, skies of arcadia will be playable with music :bouncy: , er chankast will be ++

Last edited:

Fina

Agreed. I compared the track posted on the example website with the same track from the game's soundtrack CD. The emulated version sounded perfect! It was even clearer than the OST MP3 itself.

I'd LOVE to see this implemented into Chankast... and if you have the time, some other Skies of Arcadia tracks like the one you posted. Very impressive.

ElSemi

New chankast version will include a new AICA emulation by me, based on my Model2 SCSP code (AICA is very close to SCSP, just with more channels and ADPCM).
It seems faster, and also supports more features than older aica core (Envelopes, LFO...) but doesn't support DSP yet.

I don't know if Neil contacted with any of the members about his sound core. It seems that chankast will not have aica plugins for now.
Also I've noticed that Neil's aica winamp plugin eats around 50% of my 2600+ CPU.

MasterPhW

Thanks for the status report...
we will see, after releasing the new version probably Neil will beginn to work on a plugin, too, the future will show it...

Stezo2k

S-2K
ElSemi said:
New chankast version will include a new AICA emulation by me, based on my Model2 SCSP code (AICA is very close to SCSP, just with more channels and ADPCM).
It seems faster, and also supports more features than older aica core (Envelopes, LFO...) but doesn't support DSP yet.

I don't know if Neil contacted with any of the members about his sound core. It seems that chankast will not have aica plugins for now.
Also I've noticed that Neil's aica winamp plugin eats around 50% of my 2600+ CPU.

great news, looking forward to it :)

keep up the good work

lil' Hobo

Originally Posted by ElSemi{
Also I've noticed that Neil's aica winamp plugin eats around 50% of my 2600+ CPU.}

My celeron will die! :paperbag:

ElSemi

MasterPhW_DX said:
Thanks for the status report...
we will see, after releasing the new version probably Neil will beginn to work on a plugin, too, the future will show it...

I meant, there are no plans to support external plugins for AICA emulation yet. (although this might change, who knows).

MikeEx

sweet, hope it comes along soon. i want to play skies of arcadia but dont because of the music :yucky:

MasterPhW

ElSemi said:
I meant, there are no plans to support external plugins for AICA emulation yet. (although this might change, who knows).
Oh... thought the new version will support external sound plugins.
But who kows, it's just a alpha release, probably in the beta.
Good luck for the new release.