What's new

How To Record Sound From Chankast until someone makes you a program.

lil' Hobo

I was having trouble until the nice people of the community helped.

1st) Get a program that records sound.
- Nero Has Wave Editor
- Cool Edit has a month free trial
- Acid Pro
- Sonic Foundry
- Goldwave (shareware)

http://www.goldwave.com/
http://www.nero.com/us/631941377242008.php
http://www.sonicfoundry.com/
http://www.nowsmart.com/arwizard/ - Looks nice and is only $25

If you dont have any of these and dont want to pay for them, or deal with a trial: http://www.fmod.org/ - completly free and supports mp3 and more importantly ogg!

Fmod is awsome. It supports recording and so many other things at a completly free cost, much like the ogg format.

OzTm said:
Here's the screeny. If the software doesn't have such an option, just follow the steps below:
Click on Options -> Properties -> Select Recording and then check Stereo Out -> Press OK -> Check the box under Stereo Out, adjust the volume and start recording :bouncy:

Hope it helps

Im a dunce and forgot to save the screen shot before I deleted the other thread so I made a new one.

Play a song and switch between the options until you find one you like. You may have more depending on your sond card.

Make sure the volumes turned up otherwise the sound will be low.

I use db power amp for my encoding of audio files. It supports many codecs and its 100% free.

If you can tell me to what game the Background is from you get a cookie :icecream:

Last edited:
OP
L

lil' Hobo

bump ...

id rather this not Die.

Anyway. I wanted to do this to record the music from a game.

What game you ask? Well, JGR of coarse.

Ive loved this game from the getgo and still love it to this day.

The music in it is a big factor. And if I own the game with the music on it. Then recording it for non-distro should be fine.

aika-san

Download the demos for each program and see which one you like.

I use goldwave, but thats just a personal preference based on the fact that it's small, fast and easy to use. You might hate it. All the programs get the job you want done in their own way. Try and see. :happy:

Stezo2k

S-2K
aika-san said:
I use goldwave, but thats just a personal preference based on the fact that it's small, fast and easy to use.

i agree, goldwave i prefer, it has quite a lot of recording options and is quite easy to use :)

OzTm

Seems like the cookie goes to Trotterwatch... Yeeey :bouncy:

Trotter, I surely hope he meant a real good cookie, not a little file in your Cookies folder ;)

OP
L

lil' Hobo

sorry but no.

Front of the hull of a corvette class space ship. The motto of the game is: Trade, blank, blank, Think. (Dont want to give it all away, though that may of given it all away). Its a PC game not n64

I'll keep waiting.

I'll also flush out the guide to make it, dare I say, stikie worthy

you know links and the like.

aika-san

lil' Hobo said:
sorry but no.

Front of the hull of a corvette class space ship. The motto of the game is: Trade, blank, blank, Think. (Dont want to give it all away, though that may of given it all away). Its a PC game not n64

I'll keep waiting.

I'll also flush out the guide to make it, dare I say, stikie worthy

you know links and the like.

X2 : the threat

cool game although i wish elite 4 was out. freespace 2 is just a glorified space invaders. if u want to see another very good space sim, as long as you don't mind very dated graphics, then check out Terminus. It's got even more depth than X2.

I love the bit in the X2 fmv's where the guy starts panicking in his space suit and breathing heavy after having his ship destroyed. Real "brown trouser's" stuff. :p

Last edited:
OP
L

lil' Hobo

Aika San Wins!!!

Was it the motto that made it to easy? Or did you get it from the ever so sweet, M6: Split Dragon. I love my Split Dragon with the maxed out Disco. Got myself a Mamoth to. Never fear but a Bayamon with 2 ion Disruptors makes caputring ships a breaze.

I wish you couldnt damage your own ships, becuase when I capture a ship when im in My dragon the back turrents keep shooting and kill the ship, very disapointing when you look at all the kakk ships you could of had in your message log.

aika-san

lil' Hobo said:
Aika San Wins!!!

Was it the motto that made it to easy? Or did you get it from the ever so sweet, M6: Split Dragon. I love my Split Dragon with the maxed out Disco. Got myself a Mamoth to. Never fear but a Bayamon with 2 ion Disruptors makes caputring ships a breaze.

I wish you couldnt damage your own ships, becuase when I capture a ship when im in My dragon the back turrents keep shooting and kill the ship, very disapointing when you look at all the kakk ships you could of had in your message log.

I sort of knew by the screenshot but I wasn't entirely sure. There's not many space games with that level of graphic detail. I didn't want to hazard a guess unless I was certain. Once you put the motto there, the few brain-cells I have left clicked. :happy:

About your issue with getting your catured ships destroyed, heres a few ideas. Maybe one of the official egosoft patches will fix it. I notice the programmers of X2 break the trend by doing the logical thing and actually listen to what their users say about the game. Pity Microsoft don't do this. If you post on the X2 forums maybe you can get something done about it. Either that or maybe someone else has figured out a workaround for it. I'm not sure, 'cause I haven't played the game very much.

Last edited:
OP
L

lil' Hobo

I have to find a script to mod my Bayamons speed.

After the Dragon, my bayamon pales in comparision, although I could just deequip my turrets. That would work perfectly because they couldnt shoot the enemy down, and my Beta PPC has the range of 3 km. Sniping in a ship, who woulda thought?

Get this, when I first started playing I thought that when you capped a ship you had to go and eject into it. Boy was I wrong :p. I kept bumping my ship and destroying stuff.

Well, its a very fun game none the less.