What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
sorry for not be on the matter,but pj64 wasnt dead?or you were just taking a rest?

Elly

As stated on their homepage, they were very busy. It's nice to see PJ64 alive and kicking again, thank you for a great April 1st suprise! :D

Yours,
-Elly

Milkrosoft

hurray!
kasavin.gif

Rice

Emulator Developer
Why Apr. 1st? Just check DK64 and Dr. Mario, the release isn't a Apr. 1st joke.

What a surprise!

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
i hope anyone get annoyed if i post this language file here,what comes with pj64 1.6 have some errors.

Allnatural

It's the anti-April Fool's joke. Nice. :p

It's awesome seeing Banjo-Kazooie running smooth, and Bangai-O looks great. :)

Extreme184X

Zelda:Da Most Important Period
So Far tested some games that use to give me issues:
Cruis'n USA - works perfect, no more slowdowns and audio glitches

Cruis'n Exotica - works perfect, no more anoying texture that follows you when you drive.

Hydro Thunder: Can finally Hear sound and music. Minor Issue; at boat select screen, water appears as a green background

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: Don't need that delay cheat anymore to access inventory.(playing the game on the n64 console is still a bit faster to acess the inventory, buts good enough)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy:No more Slowdowns or Audio glitches, has a minor bug;the cursor is kinda glitchy at the character select screen.

All tested with PJ64's default plugins, more to test tommorrow.

Persephone

Two things i can't understand (any help is appreciated):

-When launching OOT with Direct64 v0.5.03.25 and when going in fullscreen, i see the fps flashing into the game :s (fps generated by pj64 default window).

-When using Jabo Direct3D8 1.6 video plugin, OOT shows the sun when entering kokiri forest in the introduction (if you don't press start) but others plugins don't. Is it a bug?

Thanks to the one who knows!

Clements

Testing the new plugins as we speak, I'm seeing stuff that I've only seen working with the new Jabo's such as the Vigilante 8 title screen, and also, a lot of the Perfect Dark effects like the lens effects and Night Vision are working properly and at fullspeed, Super Smash Bros. shields/fireballs and off-screen notifier are all correct, Diddy Kong Racing has skidmarks, Quest64's main character is now the right colours, Blast corps is no longer crazy fast, Mario Golf perfect with 60/60 fps, Episode Racer and CBFD no longer have clipping issues... list goes on!

It looks like Jabo's plugin has hi-res frame buffer emulation now like Direct64/glN64/Glide64 too with hi-res Link picture and hi-res Banjo-Kazooie subscreen - very nice! My favourite enhancement of all is that the Subscreen delay in Zelda is fixed! Great job. :D