What's new

A hack version of chancast, add something stirring functions

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
/offtopic/

what's the pig weight? :chef:
looks pretty succulent :drool: (my avatar is awaiting)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
N7U8Team said:
Becasue I am fighting for the CHEAT, the author alloc the memory with serval immediate address for the basic address, I can't identify the real basic address every time. You should try to find winkawaks's game address, you'll find every time the address is not the same, but winkawaks is very easy to trace.
BTW: No source != Can't add functions, don't you know there is a neoragex support KOF2000 perfectly, do you think HAPPYASR have the source code of NEORAGEX?
PS:Not resource hack, asm hack.

where we can get this program asm hack?

Chris_W

Felipe said:
where we can get this program asm hack?

asm hack is not a program it is term for hacking at a ASM level.

i seriously dont find this funny if it is real or a hoax.

I hate the way people wait for some one to do all the hard work and then just come along and hack a little into a project.
it aint big and it aint clever.......

This emulator is in its early stages of development and for a 1st release kicks some serious arse.

anyone even thought about if this was real and the Authors said right sod this we aint continiueing because of stupid idiots hacking ?

to me it would be a big shame to see this project die so soon after and great promising start.

just remember without the original work done by the Authors there wouldnt be anything to hack ...... so leave the damn thing alone and let the experts get on with the Big Boy Stuff :)

I have no doubt that the Authors have a Development Plan and force feedback, Cheat Support and game compatibility are already high on their list.

if people would like to know the Authors plans on the Project why not just make a thread in this forum asking about future features and plans of such options?

im sure it would have a better reaction from them then talk of a hacked version ever will.

Last edited:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Chris_W said:
asm hack is not a program it is term for hacking at a ASM level.

i seriously dont find this funny if it is real or a hoax.

I hate the way people wait for some one to do all the hard work and then just come along and hack a little into a project.
it aint big and it aint clever.......

This emulator is in its early stages of development and for a 1st release kicks some serious arse.

anyone even thought about if this was real and the Authors said right sod this we aint continiueing because of stupid idiots hacking ?

to me it would be a big shame to see this project die so soon after and great promising start.

just remember without the original work done by the Authors there wouldnt be anything to hack ...... so leave the damn thing alone and let the experts get on with the Big Boy Stuff :)

I have no doubt that the Authors have a Development Plan and force feedback, Cheat Support and game compatibility are already high on their list.

if people would like to know the Authors plans on the Project why not just make a thread in this forum asking about future features and plans of such options?

im sure it would have a better reaction from them then talk of a hacked version ever will.

Woo \:D/
Go Chris go \:D/

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
Nice post Chris.. i'm feeling the same.

Many people only asks about crashes, missings and more crashes... and it's useless now. It's useful when are specific problems, but at this stage of emulation, everyone suffers that crashes and know that some 'basic' features are missing, including developers... they knew before release it that doa2 didn't work or almost all games crash soon or later ...it's not something new for them. Maybe they didn't know that with GeForces SA2 doesn't work properly...report that is very useful. But asking about the same is almost pointless... And well, as i said on another thread.. adding these extra features (i mean not implemented inside source) at this development stage is worthless and it doesn't contribute to emu development.

For instance, i've made one patch, but i'm not going to release it, because soon or later (i think next rel) that function will be added, and better made than mine. And of course, for respect to authors. (Don't ask about it :p)

Sorry if sounds hard... but i think it's true. I think that the idea of a post with a list of 'Wanted features' will be a LOT useful for devs as a source of ideas. (of course, not forcing them to add those feats, only ideas)

Last edited:

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
I couldnt agree more. Now that you mention it, if you must know, they are making a highly accurate compatibility list, with region and comments, over at ngemu.com, you might want to check it out.
I made my first post just to inform of my personal experience with this amazing emulator, which Im hope will be considered to further improve and help Chanka.
I hope that we can all respect, enjoy, support and praise this promising emulator.
Please go to www.chanka.org , and donate through paypal any amount you like, in order to keep alive this amazing event that is dreamcast emulation.

Mr.Muscle

I thought about what you guys said, but after some research, I have to disagree. First of all, as far as I have seen from another emulation website is that it's not a hacked release. It's more of a hack pack. If any of you guys have used http://aldostools.com you'll know what I mean. I think this will really help Chankast and I did email the owner of the other emulation site who is now covering it and he said that

"We only accepted him to create the project on the site to help Chankast and to help make it grow with more features in the next releases. He is also thinking of giving out the source code to them if they want to use it as well. Basically he is not hacking the actual code of the emulator, he has made DLL files, it's kind of a plugin pack. It's not really a hacked version. If the chankast team has a problem with these hacks he is making to help chankast, then by all means email us and we'll work something out. We are NOT trying to hurt Chankast at all. Our staff has even emailed them before trying to help their emulator and they know that. We have also tried it out and he sent us a private beta and it is real. This should help Chankast more than ever, not only in popularity, but in more idea's for their official releases. The author of the hacks also made shock support for Callus, previously."

I have seen many people do this with other emulators. Do you guys remember all those plugins released for ePSXe and are still being worked on? That is what this is basically. :whistling

OP
N

N7U8Team

basic address problem is solved, i hope any one should help me to find some cheats. So either my version or offical to add this function should work better.

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
mrmuscle, i know it's not a direct hack of the original 'exe', it's like a trainer or as someone mentioned above, winkawaks loaders. But i think adding those features at this stage of development using this method it's unnecessary. I remark stage because it's the difference between doing it when a emu it's almost 'abandoned' (as neorage) and doing it with the first alpha release.

Plugins are different, it usually needs an interface with the program, predetermined by authors. Now there's not official interface nor SDK. 'official' means that for instance, someone (i'm not have time right now...on exams...) can develop a replacement of the 'buggy' (for me works perfect with daemon) cd_rom.dll. You can program a new dll with the same interface (using a disasm) with more drive compatibility and even with iso support, and replace the original. But i think it's not fair. If developers make an interface (SDK) for develop it, then perfect.

Anyways, i'm not against these hacks... i think it's a nice work of experiment and a source of ideas (i want speedpig on final version :chef: ), but i don't know what's the opinnion of devs about this, and if i were they, i'll be a little dissapointed, although happy to see that ppl have interest and even spends time trying to improve it. But this type of addons are not like plugins or GUIs.

Well, if someday it's released, of course i'll try it...only to see that pig :happy: ...but i'll not use by default.

PS: By the way, ElSemi tool it's pretty interesting :)

Last edited:

tygra

adding functionality is not a big problem,
the authors of chankast could 'pack' the executable with a free/shareware one, hoping the other side has not unpacking knowldge and no unpacker for that version just to keep the exe being altered untill the next release.
the release of chankast is a plain vc6 executable release mode, which without any problem could be analyzed & altered with some tools around.
some may use dll patching , sections growths & caves for easy data implemitation,
in short story, the sky is not the limit when it comes to functionality adding for exes.

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
steamover said:
mrmuscle, i know it's not a direct hack of the original 'exe', it's like a trainer or as someone mentioned above, winkawaks loaders. But i think adding those features at this stage of development using this method it's unnecessary. I remark stage because it's the difference between doing it when a emu it's almost 'abandoned' (as neorage) and doing it with the first alpha release.

Plugins are different, it usually needs an interface with the program, predetermined by authors. Now there's not official interface nor SDK. 'official' means that for instance, someone (i'm not have time right now...on exams...) can develop a replacement of the 'buggy' (for me works perfect with daemon) cd_rom.dll. You can program a new dll with the same interface (using a disasm) with more drive compatibility and even with iso support, and replace the original. But i think it's not fair. If developers make an interface (SDK) for develop it, then perfect.

Anyways, i'm not against these hacks... i think it's a nice work of experiment and a source of ideas (i want speedpig on final version :chef: ), but i don't know what's the opinnion of devs about this, and if i were they, i'll be a little dissapointed, although happy to see that ppl have interest and even spends time trying to improve it. But this type of addons are not like plugins or GUIs.

Well, if someday it's released, of course i'll try it...only to see that pig :happy: ...but i'll not use by default.

PS: By the way, ElSemi tool it's pretty interesting :)

i'd like to see the opinion of the authors,i dont know,i think if they didnt like this they probably would talk about it and they would lock this thread.

OP
N

N7U8Team

I still want to know if there is any one help me to find some cheat for the chankast, I had wrote a tool for it.

Chris_W

N7U8Team said:
I still want to know if there is any one help me to find some cheat for the chankast, I had wrote a tool for it.

Make a cheat search option also then you could make your own and add to the database easy no ? :)

OP
N

N7U8Team

Chris_W said:
Make a cheat search option also then you could make your own and add to the database easy no ? :)

to make a search program is not easy and it would spend me a lot of time.
I'd like to make the 1st version in 2004/06/05 GMT+8,
so I just can finished the basic cheat function ---- locking memory.

Aks

is there anyway to make it support gameshark/action replay codes? if so, I would be more than happy to help out with that.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Aks said:
is there anyway to make it support gameshark/action replay codes? if so, I would be more than happy to help out with that.

well lets put it this way:

for the game Mr Driller:

Gameshark Format (NTSC)

Infinite Air
BCA63ADE
0000FFFF

Infinite Lives
607B6B13
0000000A

Action Replay Format (PAL)

Infinite Air
016486c6

Infinite Lives
010283c6

Code Breaker Format

Infinite Air
0000FFFF

Infinite Lives
0000000A

As you can see there are 3 differnet Code Formats to the Dreamcast.

so you would have to include all three formats....

you cant leave out the PAL as that would leave all the PAL European Games without cheat support.

you cant leave out the NTSC as that would leave all the NTSC North American Games without cheat support.

and you cant leave out the Code Breaker Format as it is the widest Format used of them all :)

so the only real solution would be to have a cheat search option on chankast so you could make your own raw hex codes to be used on any Region Game and not be tide down to having to have it Formated (by this i mean by the Original Authors) Plus all three Format Support for adding and using with Games

and btw congrats on a superb emulator Chankast Team great piece of work.

OP
N

N7U8Team

thank you for all.
How ever, the gameshark and the action replay 's address is not the relatively address!!! and they all include the control code.
So I need to know how to convert them into relatively address.

Chris_W

N7U8Team said:
thank you for all.
How ever, the gameshark and the action replay 's address is not the relatively address!!! and they all include the control code.
So I need to know how to convert them into relatively address.

The Code Breaker Format is the same as the Gameshark Format the only dif is the Code Breaker Format is the Raw AFAIK

so again a raw search and add would allow you to make and add the most used format what happens to be raw and the CB Format.