What's new

A hack version of chancast, add something stirring functions

Turbohao2

steamover said:
this conversation is getting offtopic... lol...

well, about the hack, anyone has tried the "cheat finder"?

ive tried it but it doesnt do much :(
it doesnt scan the values in the game so it's pretty useless

Trotterwatch

From now on - anyone posting non English they will have there posts deleted by me.

I have already deleted several postings that were in Chinese.

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
sorry trotterwatch, i started saying hello to N7U8Team... my mistake.

it doesnt scan the values in the game so it's pretty useless

so what it does? i've read the instructions but are a little confusing...

Chris_W

steamover said:
so what it does? i've read the instructions but are a little confusing...

In a Nutshell its crap ....

you have to use a cheat tool like ArtMoney etc then place the code you got on your own into that silly pig dialog and then convert but once you do your feked anyway lol

theres no cheat use dialog.

to be honest wait for the Chankast Authors to implement a real Chankast Cheat search/Use Dialog.

I dont see this dodgy Util Project helping the Chankast Authors one bit.

It seems more like its helping these util people more with the hope of PayPal contributions for meaningless work that really is not needed on the Emulator as its a dead cert the Authors will do a better compat/Core speed, and cheat use/search i have no doubt of that and above all, it will be to the standard we have got from all emulators we have got to love and admire.

anyone can add meaningless crap on, but not everyone can do something special and it being great.

this is all im saying on this subject i think the util project is a waste of time and meaningless.....

Last edited:

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
this is all im saying on this subject i think the util project is a waste of time and meaningless.....
i said that some posts ago... ;)... i'll wait for official releases, only was curiosity.

N7U8Team, how are you managing the FF? it seems pretty hard for a hack... isn' it? (i mean for an external program)

yop

Mad Programmer
I just saw this screenshot
chancast03.jpg

well, apart from being beautifull

Chankast Cheat Assistant is ONLY usefull to a few people who owns these screenshot version hacked chankast?????
:angry:

so why did the cheat assistant is a public release if nobody has the chankast hacked ?

yop

Mad Programmer
Freesnake said:
I belive in the author's hard work……

he probably works hard,
but what can we do with his tool if we don't have the "nice cheat window" seen in the picture

Qubeley

I am not too interest in the cheat function at this point, as the emulator is still at early stage of development and due to random crashes,there is hardly any game that I can finish. Just for curiousity, I will like to see whether speedpig works as good as it sounds.

OP
N

N7U8Team

I had already send the release version to the xxxxxxxxxxx 's CEO, so please pay attention to the site. So late here, I was too tired and tomorrow is my final exam, going to sleep .... ZZZZZzzzzzz.....

Last edited by a moderator:

IJTF_Cinder

I've been testing these out and they DO work. Speedpig works as has been stated, but what it does is speeds up the refresh on everything on your PC. THe drawback to this is, that audio gets a speed up as well, and it no longer becomes something you can stand to listen to. It's really only something you want to use if you don't mind turning your volume right off and only care for a speed boost.

Right now we're in the process of finding cheats to add to the cheat function so that there can be a big list of cheats that come with it.

Greggory

IJTF_Cinder is right, I have used the Cheat Finder. You have to use a program like FPE or WinHex to see the memory of Chankast to find the cheats. Programming experience is needed. Also if you looked in the directions it said (3rd party tool). This is all one small portion of all of it, so stop trying to pull a conclusion that is not true till it is fully released. They are just trying to build a large set of cheats for the official utilities release.

Chris_W

IJTF_Cinder said:
Right now we're in the process of finding cheats to add to the cheat function so that there can be a big list of cheats that come with it.

......... whats to find any fool can find all GS, AR and CB codes ever made :)

the problem is this stupid thing isnt a solution :p

Greggory said:
IJTF_Cinder is right, I have used the Cheat Finder. You have to use a program like FPE or WinHex to see the memory of Chankast to find the cheats. Programming experience is needed. Also if you looked in the directions it said (3rd party tool). This is all one small portion of all of it, so stop trying to pull a conclusion that is not true till it is fully released. They are just trying to build a large set of cheats for the official utilities release.

This Lamearsed thing is not a Cheat Finder FFS.....
its a Converter that needs codes made via other means .......

I have made and used my own cheats for every game ive played on Chanka and i didnt need FPE or WinHex or any other dodgy little tool especially this piece of crap to do so.

Trust me i have more then enough expeience but you people arnt thinking of the normal user.

That stupid Pig tool comes with no instrunctions, or help...
it does sod all for anyone let alone having to use cheat tools they wouldnt want to use.

The simple answer (and im getting pissed off with saying it) is to let the Authors of the Emulator implement a REAL CHEAT FUNCTION that supports all known DC Formats and also a Nice Cheat Search with add to database as RAW.

Last edited:

IJTF_Cinder

You're pretty closed minded don't you think?
Nobody ever said this thing would be as simple as entering AR/GS/CB codes in and having them work like POOF!
If you've been able to just make cheats work for you so simply, why are you bitching in here instead of sharing your knowledge with the rest of us?

All these things are, is to help give users some useful things.
You're here bitching we should wait for the emulator authors to implement these? Whats the problem with someone else implementing them however the can and letting the authors busy themselves with other things?

Stop your bitching, if you don't care for this don't use it. Simple as that.
I'm not going to get into a flamefest with you about this either, however childish your reply may be, though I hope it isn't.

Chris_W

IJTF_Cinder said:
You're pretty closed minded don't you think?
Nobody ever said this thing would be as simple as entering AR/GS/CB codes in and having them work like POOF!
If you've been able to just make cheats work for you so simply, why are you bitching in here instead of sharing your knowledge with the rest of us?

All these things are, is to help give users some useful things.
You're here bitching we should wait for the emulator authors to implement these? Whats the problem with someone else implementing them however the can and letting the authors busy themselves with other things?

Stop your bitching, if you don't care for this don't use it. Simple as that.
I'm not going to get into a flamefest with you about this either, however childish your reply may be, though I hope it isn't.

You seriously don't get the point do you ?

If a Job is worth doing! its worth doing properly!

this isn't, its a Bodged Job no noob will be able to use such crap dude.

im not bitching im being a realist.

if you want to see this crap included then i guess you are the one who is shallow minded and don't care about the poor sods who wont understand why they cant use the codes that are on their Dreamcast Cheat CD and put it straight into a Cheat Dialog and use.

or be able to make their own raw cheats and add straight to the Database via an internal option.

IJTF_Cinder

You still didn't answer my first question......but

I do get your point regarding ease of use, but is everything newbie friendly right off the bat? No way
He just wants to get this out to show he isn't full of it. If he keep working on it I'm sure things will become more user friendly.
Besides it works, and that's all that matters. Just because some 10 year old might not be able to pick it up and click on something and make a cheat work doesn't mean it isn't useful.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Guys, calm down, this discussion is starting to get out of hand, i'm sure a few users wouldn't like this thread closed. If you don't like the chankast addon, i'm sure slagging it off, flaming etc won't get you nowhere.

Peace out

lasly

Joe Silvera
This topic should be Clodes and deleted by moderator... I don't understand why... Look at the TITLE : a "HACK" version.....

I wish a little more consideration for the author...

Trotterwatch

This thread will not be closed until it becomes:

a) useless flame war
b) considered redundant by the other mods (ie the authors) or admins
c) a forum for posting illegal links and off topic content

;)

Last edited: