What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
MACE – The Dark Age problems:
* Main Menu Options and Character’s Name don’t display good.

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
Rat Attack problems:
* Some parts of the frame are missing (Picture 1).
* The Main Title is black (Picture 2).
* Some poligons of the characters and the Theme Select are missing (Picture 3).
* The Instructions Screen doesn’t update (Picture 4).

ryanraab

The big metal doors in perfect dark go when when you get close to them and when your far from them there black. Also uploading pictures doesn't work for so I can't show you the problem.

P.S directx mode doesn't crash anymore with the new version. Thanks rice. Also hq4x is awesome.

-Shadow-

Banned
Wow , hq4x is nice ! I can also play Ogre Battle at last ! Rice , you are one in a million !

Hmmm... but I found an Oddity in BT.... it wasn't there in the earlier version , when banjo stands on the ground , I only see the skybox of the whole map ! Just look at the screenshot...

rcgamer

the old guy
maybe someone can help me out. when i play ogre battle i get this when i press start after the opening scene.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
I guess you are using a older rsp dll.

Btw, is the BT problem happening randomly?

-Shadow-

Banned
No , it's always present when banjo stands on the ground , it's similar to the bug i've got with GLn64 (in the intro scene, too , when the camera is near to the ground , and you can see only a few objects)

I'm using the project 64 RSP , it was all the same without RSP + the one from Hacktaurux...

Rice , your plugin rocks more and more , i just had to say it ^^ !

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
Rice said:
I guess you are using a older rsp dll.

Btw, is the BT problem happening randomly?

yep that was it. forgot that i uninstalled pj64 and didnt get the service pack when i reinstalled . thanks again.

minkster

pilot wings looks great but i cant seem to get the sky to look "pretty" in dx mode cuz my card duznt suport pixel shader i cant get the sky to stop making trails wen i ride the hellicopters and stuff. is there a certain config that is needed?

khanmeister

Banned
Works great! Best release yet! Best plugin ever! Still the pink around the doc in Dr Mario. Also the dinosaur is kinda in pieces in the beginning of bust a move 2 arcade mode. Destruction Derby is a little slow. I'm using all default settings. Maybe I'll tweak some later. ;)

Oh, you do a line
and i'll do a line,
we'll stay up all night
and drink and fight.....

Gotta Love South Park... :D

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
Ricevideo 5.5.1 is the Best:
Knockout Kings 2000 fixes:
* The Screen Height doesn’t change now.

rcgamer

the old guy
OK here are some screens we've been waiting for.
note , there is massive slowdown in fight scenes. but it looks great . i even get the breaking glass effect sometimes , sometimes not. I cant wait to see what this can do with the next version of 1964 . this is with hq4x enabled so it may be faster without it. dont know though.

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
I think now all Ogre Battle fans are happy :)

I did not noticed major (and minor too) improvements in backgrounds with any texture enhancements though. May be no filter can improve bad quality of jpeg-decompressed images? Or I just blind
And yes, there are severe slowdowns sometimes.

willchu

Problem

I couldn't manage to run PJ64 with the new plugin... Although I have put the two new files within PJ64 plugin folder, it gives an error message as below. I have PJ64 w/SP1 installed. Please help

rcgamer

the old guy
you also need to take the mvscr and mvscp 71 files(or something like that) not the one that has a 70 in the name from 1964 and put them in your pj64 directory. not the plugin folder but the main directory.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gonetz said:
I think now all Ogre Battle fans are happy :)

I did not noticed major (and minor too) improvements in backgrounds with any texture enhancements though. May be no filter can improve bad quality of jpeg-decompressed images? Or I just blind
And yes, there are severe slowdowns sometimes.

I agree.

Plus, there is a checking in the code. If the texture is too large, it won't do the enhancement.

The condition is: width+height<=256 for hq4x, width+height <=512 for hq2x.

And filter really won't work very well for smooth textures, they work better for textures with edges.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
ryanraab said:
Problem with new version glass in perfect dark does not show.

The txtGen problem haunts me again and again. I really hate it.

willchu

Thanks You are good rcgamer :) However, something else happened... This time I think is a unique problem on mine...please check the pics. What should I do to get back characters? Am I really that unlucky?