What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

rcgamer

the old guy
has anyone tried the 56.82 beta drivers for nvidia. hmmmmm, they seem to be some kind of tweaked 56.64 drivers. they work ok though .

Last edited:

ryanraab

rcgamer said:
has anyone tried the 56.82 beta drivers for nvidia. hmmmmm, they seem to be some kind of tweaked 56.64 drivers. they work ok though .

These were oringinaly for laptop nvidia cards. Forgot what brand though. I tried them but did not like them. I liked 56.64 better and using 56.72

Also Rice 56.72 improves emulation with opengl but messes up directx. Which is wierd. Now I'm using opengl more then directx. I also like opengl more then directx now with these drivers.

rcgamer

the old guy
waialee country club looks great but i beleive there is a bug in the 1964 core. the core uses 99% of resources wich makes the game unplayable at certain points.

ryanraab

rcgamer guess you'll have to wait for 1964 to get updated. They should turn the core into a plugin. Don't know if possible but that would be cool. Then you could use third party cores. Sounds far fetched to me but I don't know much about this. Even though I want to learn to program and help out the n64 scene by making my own plugins. If only dreams can come true. lol

jessman1988

Banned
hey! How come Rice's plugin won't work with my Project 64 1.5? I always get errors. How do I use it? Please help me. Thanks again.

ryanraab

Perfect dark is now playable with Rice's plugin. I mean it's totally perfect for me. So sweet before I couldn't even play with rice's I haded to switch to Jabo's. This is sweet.
The way I did it was make n64 frame buffer and rendering to textures to default. Thanks Rice. The reason I wanted this so badly is because your plugin has better iq and speed then jabos. Also use Opengl and To fit card.

Edit: perfect dark is running it's best that it ever has but still some problems spycam messed and some textures flicker. Any tips? Also Rice keep up the good work you the coolest. Even with those problems I'm still Sticking with yours Rice for this game. That's how much it now plays better.

Last edited:

PalmTree

Qun Mang said:
This plugin seems to work much better for me in PJ64 than 1964, at least for Zelda. Why the big difference when the settings are the same?

I also have the same problems... only the problems listed for 1964 are the ones i'm getting in pj64. I've tried many different settings, but those problems Qun Mang listed on the previous page are still there. I haven't tried 1964 because i'm already pretty far in oot, and don't want to start over. It also might be worth mentioning that my video card (radeon igp 320m) is very similar to Qun Mang's radeon 7500.

I'd use jabo's plugin (which looks great), but it crashes my computer at random spots while playing, and will crash anytime i try to use tv out with fullscreen.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
NeoNight said:
Hey rice did you happen to notice teh strange camera problems with conker, that I had mentioned earlier.

This problem only happens if render-to-texture option is set to "Write Back". I don't think it can be easily fixed. Maybe just need not to use "Write Back" for render-to-texture.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
PalmTree said:
I haven't tried 1964 because i'm already pretty far in oot, and don't want to start over.

Actually, you won't have to start over. First off, I believe 1964 will load PJ64 save states if you save that way. Secondly, the .sra files will work with either emu. You will have to load the rom into 1964 first and start a game though to find out what name 1964 gives to the save ram file (for me it's "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-EC7011B77616D72B.sra" using the 1.0 version of the rom) then copy the PJ64 save ram, renaming it with the 1964 name (be sure to delete the test file you made first!).

rcgamer

the old guy
ryanraab said:
Perfect dark is now playable with Rice's plugin. I mean it's totally perfect for me. So sweet before I couldn't even play with rice's I haded to switch to Jabo's. This is sweet.
The way I did it was make n64 frame buffer and rendering to textures to default. Thanks Rice. The reason I wanted this so badly is because your plugin has better iq and speed then jabos. Also use Opengl and To fit card.

Edit: perfect dark is running it's best that it ever has but still some problems spycam messed and some textures flicker. Any tips? Also Rice keep up the good work you the coolest. Even with those problems I'm still Sticking with yours Rice for this game. That's how much it now plays better.

if your using the new drivers it probably screwed something up. anyway the camspy settings are here http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=19631

jessman1988

Banned
Guys, PLEASE help me. I'm sorry about complaining, but I've been very patient. Can someone please reply to my questions?

EDIT: DANGIT! I'm sorry, but this plugin sucks with my GFX card. Every game, no matter what my settings are, is VERY crappy looking. Rice's older plugins play Perfect Dark better than this! Everything is so screwed up (ESPECIALLY Perfect Dark) and I now see that I'll never get decent emulation with Rice's plugin! I can't even use it with Prject 64 and I DON'T see how the f*** it works for you guys! When I go into the video plugin setup in PJ64 1.5 an error pops up saying that it can't load it up! I'm seriously pissed off. Can someone HELP ME?

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
hm, I guess you know that I had the same video card as you on my older pc. It works fine for me.

You need to update your driver.

if the DX TNT combiner does not work for you (it should work just fine with the new Nvidia driver), you have to use 2-stage combiner.

rcgamer

the old guy
heres another game that needs some more work. it is playable in its current state however. and maybe someone else has found better settings for it.

Cadex

To those having problems:
You should NOT be using new drivers on an older card. The new drivers are to support features of the newer cards and will actually decrease your performance. I have Geforce 3 Ti 200 using the 43.45 nVidia drivers, and have very few problems with any games (n64 emulation or otherwise). If you have any Geforce 2 you should try 3x.xx drivers and Geforce 3-4 try 4x.xx drivers.

ryanraab

Geforce 4 and sticking with 56.72! Plus opengl mode has been improved for Rice's plugin with the new drivers so that cool.

jessman1988

Banned
Rice, should I use the 53.03 drivers for my GF2? I'm currently using an older version because it SEEMED more stable. I just want to be able to enjoy your plugin! Please help me out. I'm sorry. Also, does anyone have good Paper Mario settings? And how do I use this with Project 64? It just doesn't load up. Thanks again, and please teply ASAP.

rcgamer

the old guy
ryanraab said:
Geforce 4 and sticking with 56.72! Plus opengl mode has been improved for Rice's plugin with the new drivers so that cool.

yes but at the expense of direct x .

rcgamer

the old guy
jessman1988 said:
Rice, should I use the 53.03 drivers for my GF2? I'm currently using an older version because it SEEMED more stable. I just want to be able to enjoy your plugin! Please help me out. I'm sorry. Also, does anyone have good Paper Mario settings? And how do I use this with Project 64? It just doesn't load up. Thanks again, and please teply ASAP.

if you move the msvcr and vcp dll to pj 64 you can load rices pluginbut then i keep getting cannot open zip file errors. hmmmm . Quin mang said he got it working. perhaps a post in the forum with attention quin mang. NM, I asked for you.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
ryanraab said:
Yes but opengl works better then directx did before. So it's still a positive thing for me.

hmmmmm are the f.b. effects working in opengl? if so then i might try it again with the new drivers.