What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

rcgamer

the old guy
ok jessman. i moved two of the msvcr and msvcp and daedalus ini to pj 64. one of the msv files will ask you to overwrite , dont do it, its the wrong one. only the two that have 71 in their file name need to be moved. I also changed the plugin folder in pj64 to the 1964 plugin folder directory. it worked . though i did get a memory referanced error when shutting down pj64.

Last edited:

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Rice: The pictures I showed of Zelda:OOT were from the PJ64 audiofix version Azimer released. PJ641.5 shows exactly the same symptoms as 1964. I should find and test the official 1.4 version of PJ64 since that is the code base for Azimer's version. It may be better for lower end cards, who knows?

otomo

Thanks for the update !!

You're the man Rice!!

has anybody else noticed that Mario Kart 64 seems a little jerky sometimes?

everything is running at full speed, yet sometimes it seems that the circuit would lag behind the karts.

I don't know if I make myself clear on this, it's hard to explain and obviously won't show on an screenshot.

jessman1988

Banned
After updating my GFX card I only have 2 complaints.

1) Why is it that MANY games leaves trails and flicker constantly in full-screen?

2) Why is the sky in Perfect Dark still messed up, and how come Paper Mario still has black characters when shading is involved?

Thanks for a wonderful release Rice, and please help me figure out if these problems are my own doing.

rcgamer

the old guy
waialee country club is definitely a core problem. here is a shot from pj64 getting almost 50 fps.

MNK

I need some game specific setting tips. I've GF2MX, using 56.64 dets.,
In Zelda MQ with DX GF2 combiner as I see it - everything OK.
In Conker if using GF2 comb. some strange texture errors in intro (some black
texures on conker's head and chainsaw), if lim. 2-stage far better but no shine on N64 logo (shines in GF comb.).
In Castlevania seems OK, except for the selection rectangle in menu which is
opaque instead of transparent (it's transparent with normal combiner but then
some graphic errors appear at the top and bottom of the menu).
Jet Force Gemini simply gives me exception in emulation thread at boot,
which is strange because I think is a good rom (it ran fine with mupen64).
Also, if there is something I should be aware of considering Ogre Battle,
please drop the info here, because I read here that it gives some problems,
but can't recall anything specific.

-Shadow-

Banned
There are still Glitches with shimmering surfaces , look at the arrow over the kid . The morror shield is still a bit glitchy , the shimmer effect doesn't create the illusion that the mirror shield is round...

Nice work Rice , it's nearly perfect ^^

NeoNight

Rice, I had checked conker again and the problem with the camera has something to do with the render to texture option. If you leave it on Defalut there is no problem, but if you set it to Basic & write back the camera acts up. (which you probably already know...) So its a bug with the Basic & write back option in render to texture, I guess.

rcgamer

the old guy
something to report on the new 56.72 drivers. after uninstalling my geforce from the device manager and deleting all nvidia drivers folders. I reinstalled the drivers from nvidia site < i noticed that they werent ms certified before they were this time hmmm> then reinstalled my geforce, then installed new drivers everything seems to be working properly now. oh yeah and i also deleted rice plugin and ini and reinstalled that as well.

the only thing i can guess is that the old drivers are leaving something behind that is adversly affecting the new one.

-Shadow-

Banned
the only thing i can guess is that the old drivers are leaving something behind that is adversly affecting the new one.

Yup , thats right . It's even worse when you change from a Nvdia to a ATI Card :D

h3h3

actually it's kinda sad that this pokemon snap development doesn't go any further or is it?!
wasn't that supposed to be a core issue??or is it both??
guess it must be a core issue but it's strange
neither with glide64 nor with ur plugin can i watch the taken pictures..black
and
are u working it put now rice or don't u even know how that happened(in 4.3)?!

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi,
use the cheat from Gent.

[Pass 1st Level and Controller Fix]
D1382D1C 802C
80382D0F 0000

[Note]
This fixes the issue where you can not pass the 1st level and No Controller Movement Enjoy

Last edited:

h3h3

that cheat is great but u can't choose the pictures with it/or see the instruction in the beginning
as u could with rice 4.3 ...

Gordon8452

hardware framebuffer

just a question since i was just doing some testing with the glide64 plugin, and the hardware framebuffer effects are truly impressive. things show up now that i didnt even realize were supposed to look like, and it is much speedier than my other plugins.

so my question is, will hardware framebuffer effects ever be included in this plugin? it seems to me that its worth waiting a bit for it apparently took quite some time for glide64's implementation.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Gordon8452 said:
just a question since i was just doing some testing with the glide64 plugin, and the hardware framebuffer effects are truly impressive. things show up now that i didnt even realize were supposed to look like, and it is much speedier than my other plugins.

so my question is, will hardware framebuffer effects ever be included in this plugin? it seems to me that its worth waiting a bit for it apparently took quite some time for glide64's implementation.

Yes, Rice video have HWFM (hardware frame buffer).
GLN64 have an excelent quality of FB,but not supported at all.

Sorry for the english :(

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
So Rice, do you have any sort of timetable on adding the hardware framebuffer? Dunno how difficult it will be to add so I'm just wondering.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Your question is already answered by the post above you. Hardware framebuffer support is already in, it is not perfect, though.

ryanraab

So will your main priority be to get it perfect then Rice? Also Rice what are your priorities for your plugin. Obviously the biggest one is compatibility. lol Just curius about your future plans and what direction your going with your plugin.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Rice YOU are THE man!!! Your plugin rocks and the speed is too good to be true. Even with frame buffer on my *crappy* (it was good once) p111 877. Thank you so much for your tireless work and amazingly your plugin keeps getting better and i am finally starting to consider actually seeing a plugin 95%+ accuracy.....drool...

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Rice said:
What's news:
4. Full hardware accelerated frame buffer emulation in DirectX
- Works fine and fast for more games.
- Very configurable
- Render-to-texture options are seperated from primary back buffer emulation options

Whoops. My bad. :crazy:
I think I'm better at answering questions. I'll stop asking them now...:down: