What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

sjyune104

To Rice

Finally found the reason..why all the games ran smoothly without Speed Limit option on version 5.10

This !!!

in What's new in 5.2.0
-------------------
- Fix the problem of full screen slow down

Would you please bring back this one as an option ?...
so that we can control speed without Limit Speed option...actually with this bug (?) , some games run much smoothly...(scrolling is smooth as baby's butt [ex:Star Soldier 64])...
Specially when I use it with Project 64 (test it for yourself !!!)...All the games run @ perfect speed not too fast not too slow...... there's no more jerky movement or hiccup as we don't have to force Speed Limit Option....

Thank You..

Croustibat

SuperFish
rice video 5.5.1 and jabo's direct3d 7 1.4.

Sorry for my bad english

hi!

i'm a (BIG) problem (again) with killer instinct gold in 1964 0.9.9

Gladiac0190

Croustibat said:
Sorry for my bad english

hi!

i'm a (BIG) problem (again) with killer instinct gold in 1964 0.9.9

This is a well known problem by me and I also have no solution to solve the problem. It seems that you use the E version which does not clear the screen from the textures using rice video551wip... If you own the U-version you should try this one... this only flickers a bit... But the main problem is the speed i think and the slowdown during the fights... no soöution yet, ask the master, rice ;D

//edit
Ah, before I forget, depending on which plugins u use, it is possible that some buttons don't work...

Last edited:

ryanraab

Superman works better with newest version but still not really playeble. Anybody got recommended settings or is this bug Rice got to fix.

Edit: Rainbow Six is now playable for me. Still has lots of problems. So what ever you did rice you made Rainbow Six playable. Hope next release will improve more games like these two I named.

Last edited:

The_Invisibl

when i tried this plugin i get a error that MSVCR71.DDL was not found and i can t use this plugin

i have Windows XP + SP2 RC1 (with SP1 i got the same error)

please help, thx

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
ryanraab said:
Just like to report that Ridge Racer 64 got some small improvements with 5.5.1 which is cool. Bad news is Parts of the road is black. (don't really know how to explain it) Also at one point in the road one specific black peice flashes white. This didn't happen in past version.
Try to activate "Full TMEM Emulation".
I guess the same problem happens to me.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
ryanraab said:
Edit: Rainbow Six is now playable for me. Still has lots of problems. So what ever you did rice you made Rainbow Six playable. Hope next release will improve more games like these two I named.

R6 is totally playable for me since 5.43. (including HUDs)

foogy

Castlevania (U) [1.0] is really slow on my default settings. Once i got to the part where the tree falls down on the beggining of the game it froze and 1964 shutdown.

gpu: Rice's 5.5.1
spu: Azimer's (newest one)

my specs:athlon 2400, geforcefx 5200, 512mb ddr

Croustibat

SuperFish
rice video 5.5.1 wip or not to wip

sorry for my (VERY) bad english

hi!

i'm a big problem again again etc.... with... tada!!!! Monaco Grand prix simulation (good f1 game)

1964 0.9.9

PLEEEEAASE HELP ME!!!!!

salut!

....to be continued...

Croustibat

SuperFish
rice video 5.5.1 doesn't like ogre battle

rcgamer said:
in ogre battle , looks even better with normal blender, as far as the words are concerned anyway.

sorry for my bad english

hi!
(?)
euh.....
in two words : SAME PROBLEM

salut!

...to be continued....

GE Master

More great work!

Thanks for the new version Rice!!

I've been trying GoldenEye multiplayer, and I'm wondering if anyone has noticed the slight studder in the framerate when swithing weapons. Not sure if this is my settings or not. Appreciate any feedback on that. Thanks.

Croustibat

SuperFish
Project aarrgghh!!

H3ad5h0tter said:
Croustibat ! 1964 has problems with JPEG decoding , so use Project 64...

Sorry for my bad english

hi!
grrrr...!
the pictures TALK :(
with and without sp
(with and without fsaa)

salut

....to be continued....

Clements

I wouldn't use Rice's Video 5.5.1 plugin at all with PJ64. It is almost completey broken with heavy graphics glitches in every game. Use with 1964 + PJ64's RSP only.

-Shadow-

Banned
Hm ? I got no glitches with PJ64 + Rice's , I think Rice's is a bit better for users with a Radeon because Rice got one himself , and so he can test if there are Glitches or something...

But I would strongly recommend PJ64's RSP for 1964...

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi,
Since the new plugin gui , current game options this option , (Use Cl Width and Ratio: ) fixes the Car/Track select menu screens in Top Gear Overdrive. thanks

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
sjyune104 said:
To Rice

Finally found the reason..why all the games ran smoothly without Speed Limit option on version 5.10

This !!!

in What's new in 5.2.0
-------------------
- Fix the problem of full screen slow down

Would you please bring back this one as an option ?...
so that we can control speed without Limit Speed option...actually with this bug (?) , some games run much smoothly...(scrolling is smooth as baby's butt [ex:Star Soldier 64])...
Specially when I use it with Project 64 (test it for yourself !!!)...All the games run @ perfect speed not too fast not too slow...... there's no more jerky movement or hiccup as we don't have to force Speed Limit Option....

Thank You..

To Rice:
I guess what sjyune104 is trying to say is when a game displays many labels (example: sports labels in the intro of ITF 2000, menu or replay of RR64, clouds in the intro of Castlevania) and you’re using high resolutions like 1280x1024 there is some slowdown what doesn’t happen when use PJ64 video plugin. It only happens when the labels are displayed (menu options, some sprites), otherwise this doesn’t happen.