Created by Rich Whitehouse , BigPEmu is the first Atari Jaguar and Jaguar CD emulator to offer compatibility with the entire library of commercially sold cartridges and offers excellent performance and a wide variety of unique features.
Note that it was originally a closed source emu which was integrated into the Atari50 compilation . It is without a shadow of a doubt the best Jaguar emulator ahead of Phoenix (which remains the best 3DO emulator), VirtualJaguar, Mame and all the rest.
– JagLink support is here!
*Max player count is supported in AirCars and BattleSphere, with the potential for any number of emulated Jaguars to be networked together.
*Special splitscreen functionality has been added.
*Works over Internet/LAN or locally via loopback.
*Don’t expect anything to be playable or stable over the Internet unless you’ve got...
Developer Rich Whitehouse has just released the BigPEmu emulator – The first Atari Jaguar emulator that features 100% compatibility with the original Jaguar library. This is also the same emulator used in the widely praised Atari 50 collection for modern console!
Added -devmode as a command line option. Don't get too excited, this isn't opening up full developer build functionality just yet. (and the option will be auto-enabled in proper developer builds) It does enable a developer menu, though, and some additional developer-oriented key binds.
Added a "Local EEPROM" option to the new developer menu at CJ Reboot's request.
Added a "Save Window Position" option to the new developer menu at CJ Reboot's request.
Added an "Always on Top" option to the new developer menu at CJ Reboot's request.
Added a new set of developer input binds, which are only accessible when using -devmode. Most of these new binds were added at...
BigPEmu v1.01 is released. BigPEmu is the first Atari Jaguar emulator to feature compatibility with the entire retail cartridge library, along with excellent performance and a wide variety of unique features.
- Added variable-sized EEPROM support, thanks to Reboot for providing some test cases. 512 byte and 2KB EEPROM settings are picked up from the MRQ file if it exists, otherwise any number of EEPROM address bits can be specified via the -eeprombits command line option.
- Added JaguarGD bank switching support.
- Fix for exception-handled M68K reads in unmapped address space.
- Fix for Blitter not correctly wrapping cyan/red on add when ADDDSEL is set, thanks to ScatoLOGIC for reporting the BattleSphere bug which led to this fix.
- Fix for Blitter not starting on the correct bit when block width is less than pixel size and phrase mode is not enabled, thanks to ScatoLOGIC for reporting the BattleSphere bug which led to this fix.
- Going in for a major surgery...