What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

MasterGunz2345

I haven't gotten that far to see the lens of truth myself, but I'm guessing I'll get the same problem. I'm not sure what else we can do at this point. But, that "_a" might be causing some problems with the textures. I suggest we take a look at it. The problem is it might take a while if you search in the folder "_a" since all the files have a "_a" in the beginning.

Last edited:

monochromatik

is no one else getting the text issue like i am? it looks sharp in everyone else's.
and, yeah, it seems to be a problem with rice and frame buffer ... which is why i wanna get this to work with glide64 so i can still play this temple with the high-res textures instead of having to use jabo's direct3d to play it in low-def.

ChrisHighwind

Well, good news, bad news. I took the liberty of renaming all of the logo textures from "_a" to "_all" The good news is, it fixed the logo. The bad news...

thelegendofzelda3r.png

I think renaming them somehow messed up the transparency.

EDIT: @SavageHunter, no just download which one you want.

SavageHunter

Lol, wow. This is so frustrating. Well the only one who can truly fix it for everyone is Death--Droid, I mean, he's the one with all the files.

But you still didnt answer my second question.

monochromatik

actually, the _a files are what i believe to be layers that match up with the _all files. that's why you're getting that. go and look and you'll see that the _a files are basically little cutouts for the _all files to go into, more or less.

MasterGunz2345

Damn, I thought the "_a" files were causing these problems. Alright, yeah SavageHunter is right, only Death--Droid can handle this.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Everyone I see what you mean, the optimization completely screwed up the textures, I forgot I was still using the unoptemized textures.
I'll reupload the new pack unoptemized as soon as possible.

I'm extremely sorry to everyone for the inconvenience, I kn ow i was forgetting about something.:(

Last edited:

SavageHunter

YAY! Too bad it'll take up more space, but I think thats fine as long as it works, thats my main thing. Long as it works, and doesnt take up like 5gigs (lol) then its fine with me!

EDIT: @ ChrisHighWind ....Uh, in the first link. Which one do I choose? \: Theres like four Download links. I just want the video plugin... PS If you havent noticed, I'm relatively new to Emulators and even newer to retextures... I only just got started this summer with emulators.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

I'm lucky I didn't run the optemizer over the main files I had .....

Oh yeah _a is actually one of the endings, its used to load the alpha for _RGB if there is any.

ChrisHighwind

lol, well, we've got our problem: D-D unintentionally screwed it up by trying to optimize it. Ah well, at least we have the solution. Still excited for the pack. Just don't try to optimize the community pack again, 'cause seriously, what's the point of having less to download if it completely messes up the textures?

MasterGunz2345

XD well good to see D-D see's the problem as well. Thank god. I don't care how much MB's it takes, as long as it works, its a happy ending for all of us ^_^

Last edited:

ChrisHighwind

EDIT: @ ChrisHighWind ....Uh, in the first link. Which one do I choose? \: Theres like four Download links. I just want the video plugin... PS If you havent noticed, I'm relatively new to Emulators and even newer to retextures... I only just got started this summer with emulators.

The 2nd download link has the latest 1964video plugin binary.

Hey! Listen!

Jesus christ maybe try taking out the tons and tons of duplicate and extra files too? Is that too hard roid? I mean droid?

Quality control my ass. Try controlling your own quality.

Last edited:

SavageHunter

Jesus christ maybe try taking out the tons and tons of duplicate and extra files too? Is that too hard roid? I mean droid?

Wow, you cannot wait to criticize him at every turn. Sure, there have been a few hiccups, but all in all, he's kept this shindig together, so shut up. Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?

I've been reading through this whole topic and I've come to respect all of the hard working folks who've culminated their ideas so that this project could be accomplished. It looks great, Droid just has to reupload it, its not like its the end of the world. Don't wet yourself.

@ ChrisHighWind Thanks much. :)

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

Well I tried that 1964video plugin myself. It works great, hardly any slow downs like rice video, or that could be the settings. Although, it ain't loading some of the textures like the button icons, the shields, etc. Does that have to do something with the V5 Pack, or could it be the plugin?

MasterGunz2345

Seriously, just chill. Its not his fault, he made a mistake, and he's gonna fix it. Don't go ape S*** on him, its a mistake. Everybody put their best effort into the V5 Pack. Just take a chill pill, and wait.

ChrisHighwind

Well I tried that 1964video plugin myself. It works great, hardly any slow downs like rice video, or that could be the settings. Although, it ain't loading some of the textures like the button icons, the shields, etc. Does that have to do something with the V5 Pack, or could it be the plugin?

If it's only in the V5 Pack, remember that D-D accidentally screwed up the textures with his optimization and he's re-uploading the unoptimized pack. If not, either it's the plugins, or some of the textures weren't sized right.

MasterGunz2345

If it's only in the V5 Pack, remember that D-D accidentally screwed up the textures with his optimization and he's re-uploading the unoptimized pack. If not, either it's the plugins, or some of the textures weren't sized right.

Could be. Idk, it could be one of those two.

EDIT
Alright, i tried my other LEGEND OF ZELDA folder since that was the one I used before V5 was released. It seems when I use that with 1964video Plugin, it crashes. Must be the plugin. :( and the plugin was running great, no horrible loading times when i bring up the quest status screens or enter a certain part in the game. Oh well.

Last edited:

SavageHunter

Yay! It works! Just not very well! :p I'm having the same ugly problems as everyone else. Well, just wait for the unoptmized I guess.