What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

MasterGunz2345

Ok telling by your pictures, your getting exactly the same problems as me. Not to mention, V4 did the same thing, with messy and missing textures from what I remember, since I tried V4 a few days ago. I'm doing everything I can to see what's causing these frustrating problems. I would try it on 1964 but i can't make it past the Nintendo 64 title screen with the High Resolution Packs, plus I tried the 1964 Video plugin, which crashes, and same for Rice. So I'm left to stick with Project64.

Last edited:

chaoszerox

hires_texture
Ok telling by your pictures, your getting exactly the same problems as me. Not to mention, V4 did the same thing, with messy and missing textures from what I remember, since I tried V4 a few days ago. I'm doing everything I can to see what's causing these frustrating problems. I would try it on 1964 but i can't make it past the Nintendo 64 title screen with the High Resolution Packs, plus I tried the 1964 Video plugin, which crashes, and same for Rice. So I'm left to stick with Project64.
What kind of GFX card do you have? nVidia or ATI? I've noticed a lot of people complain about issues who use ATI, I've always used nVidia, and I've never had crashing issues except when loading hires textures while the game is running (pausing, then loading textures always fixes this)

MasterGunz2345

What kind of GFX card do you have? nVidia or ATI? I've noticed a lot of people complain about issues who use ATI, I've always used nVidia, and I've never had crashing issues except when loading hires textures while the game is running (pausing, then loading textures always fixes this)

My NVidia is 9800 GT Card. Its brand new, needed it for Resident Evil 5, and a few other games. I'm surprised because I heard the 9000 series was suppose to be fantastic, which it is. I was hoping Project64 would run a lot smoother with the High Resolution packs.

@ChrisHighwind, yeah, i meant to say V4 did work, but some problems with minor.

Last edited:

chaoszerox

hires_texture
My NVidia is 9800 GT Card. Its brand new, needed it for Resident Evil 5, and a few other games. I'm surprised because I heard the 9000 series was suppose to be fantastic, which it is. I was hoping Project64 would run a lot smoother with the High Resolution packs.

@ChrisHighwind, yeah, i meant to say V4 did work, but some problems with minor.
What OS, OS version, GFX driver version do you have?
Have you recently updated directx?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en
Is your OS up-to-date with the latest hotfixes?

I have an XFX 9800 GTX, driver version 257.21, win7 ultimate 64-bit
latest everything fixes

Also the small issues you said you had with the v4 pack may be problems everyone has due to lack of perfect emulation, unless it was problems with textures not loading.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

What OS, OS version, GFX driver version do you have?
Have you recently updated directx?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en
Is your OS up-to-date with the latest hotfixes?

I have an XFX 9800 GTX, driver version 257.21, win7 ultimate 64-bit
latest everything fixes

Also the small issues you said you had with the v4 pack may be problems everyone has due to lack of perfect emulation, unless it was problems with textures not loading.

I'm not quite sure, do you know how I can find what OS version I got? Btw, the link is broken i believe. The 9800 Geforce GT runs great for my Re5 and other games though. As for the V4, if it might be due to not perfect emulation, that might be the same for what V5 is doing to ours.

Last edited:

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
This has got to be the lamest excuse...

I just figured out why some of the button icons didn't work for the longest time. (the button icons meaning the text icons indicating a certain button in it like A B C, >, <, ^, v, etc.) The ones that don't work are saved as either 64x65 or 65x64. >3> That is the single most dumbest mistake I've seen. BTW, I didn't make them, which would explain why...

SavageHunter

Hm, I'm downloading it right now. Here's hoping mine works... :unsure: But (I don't if this changes anything at all) while downloading it says its 498MB whereas the post said it was 510M. Does that mean anything?

MasterGunz2345

Hm, I'm downloading it right now. Here's hoping mine works... :unsure: But (I don't if this changes anything at all) while downloading it says its 498MB whereas the post said it was 510M. Does that mean anything?

Yeah I got the same as well. I don't think it means anything, but I'm sure you'll encounter the same problems we have shown. But try it, and tell us if you are getting similar problems.

SavageHunter

Will do. Lets hope mine works! :p I'm about 60% percent done. So, like twenty or thirty minutes left. If mine works well, uhm, I don't know then. Party time?

EDIT: Well this sucks. I loaded up the textures and now when I boot up OoT when the textures are loading the emulator just crashes. Its says something around the lines of "Project 64 has run into a problem and needs to shut down." BUT if I have the "Use Alpha Channel fully" option turned on, it loads the V4 textures, and none of the new ones. But if I dont have it on, when the textures are loading, the number on the far left of the screen gets to 123 and the emulator crashes, which leads me to believe theres a duplicate file, or more. There was an extra Ganondorf eye, but I deleted it and it didnt fix anything.

EDIT 2: That 123 is f***** mocking me. :angry: I cant get it to work at all. I've tweaked all my settings just to get it to work, but the same crap happens every friggin time! Its incredibly aggravating!!!

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

Hmm thats strange. If you downloaded the V5, there are duplicate files, but this is V4 your talking about. Alright something is going on with these textures. The questions are: What is causing them? Why are some textures not loading? Why does the screen looking messy with the textures? And, why do these textures look like clutter pixels when the file images are different? These are huge problems as far as I know.
turpinator/turp posted a picture of a problem back in page 2, which i encountered as well, but with the V4 Pack. ChrisHighwind posted pictures of the V5 which are exactly the problems I'm encountering as well. I gotta tell ya, this is starting to piss me off completely. But, this project isn't done 100% so yeah. (I'm sorry for the foul language people)
BTW, whats this 123 problem your encountering? Does it make the emulator crash?

Last edited:

SavageHunter

Hmm thats strange. If you downloaded the V5, there are duplicate files, but this is V4 your talking about. Alright something is going on with these textures. The questions are: What is causing them? Why are some textures not loading? Why does the screen looking messy with the textures? And, why do these textures look like clutter pixels when the file images are different? These are huge problems as far as I know.
turpinator/turp posted a picture of a problem back in page 2, which i encountered as well, but with the V4 Pack. ChrisHighwind posted pictures of the V5 which are exactly the problems I'm encountering as well. I gotta tell ya, this is starting to piss me off completely. But, this project isn't done 100% so yeah. (I'm sorry for the foul language people)
BTW, whats this 123 problem your encountering? Does it make the emulator crash?

I Dl'ed V5, but I have the "Save textures to cache" option on, so the last time the cache was saved was when I had V4, so when I use "Use Alpha Channel fully" it just uses V4 textures. But the problem is that there must be something along the lines of duplicate textures thats messing it up for me. And frankly, its pissing me off too. This 123 problem is when the textures load up when I boot up Zelda, the screen goes black and says the textures are loading; this is normal. There is a number at the far left of the screen telling me how many textures have loaded (I think); this is also normal. However, what happens is whenever the number reaches 123 the emulator crashes. It doesnt specify why, it just says, basically, the emulator has to close for some reason. Its very, very annoying.

I've found while looking at the textures, many, many textures lack the correct name. They have all the right stuff, but the ones that are supposed to say "_all" just say "_a" I'll see if fixing this error may help me in the long run. Heres hoping Death Droid himself can fix this for everyone.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

I Dl'ed V5, but I have the "Save textures to cache" option on, so the last time the cache was saved was when I had V4, so when I use "Use Alpha Channel fully" it just uses V4 textures. But the problem is that there must be something along the lines of duplicate textures thats messing it up for me. And frankly, its pissing me off too. This 123 problem is when the textures load up when I boot up Zelda, the screen goes black and says the textures are loading; this is normal. There is a number at the far left of the screen telling me how many textures have loaded (I think); this is also normal. However, what happens is whenever the number reaches 123 the emulator crashes. It doesnt specify why, it just says, basically, the emulator has to close for some reason. Its very, very annoying.

I've found while looking at the textures, many, many textures like the correct name. They have all thr right stuff, but the ones that are supposed to say "_all" just say "_a" I'll see if fixing this error may help me in the long run. Heres hoping Death Droid himself can fix this for everyone.

What plugin are you using? 1964 Video Plugin, or Rice Video Plugin?
You might be on to something with that "_a" part. That is a very interesting problem you found SavageHunter, I'll take a look at it as well. Hope everybody else is reading this, cause this is a good problem he found.

Last edited:

monochromatik

hey, everyone, long-time lurker, first time poster. i'm having problems with this pack as well ... currently i'm on the shadow temple, and i can't get the lens of truth to work with rice or the community video plugin, so i was going to try out glide64 since i read that worked for the lens of truth ... but i have the same error that savagehunter has where it crashes at 123. another problem is that, even when i tried out the new pack with rice/community, the text on the buttons didn't load up for some reason. all the 'climb/attack' and so on and so forth was the old, jaggy stuff.

anyway, appreciate if anyone can help me ... either to get the lens of truth working without glide64 or to get this pack working with glide64 so i can at least complete this dungeon.

MasterGunz2345

hey, everyone, long-time lurker, first time poster. i'm having problems with this pack as well ... currently i'm on the shadow temple, and i can't get the lens of truth to work with rice or the community video plugin, so i was going to try out glide64 since i read that worked for the lens of truth ... but i have the same error that savagehunter has where it crashes at 123. another problem is that, even when i tried out the new pack with rice/community, the text on the buttons didn't load up for some reason. all the 'climb/attack' and so on and so forth was the old, jaggy stuff.

anyway, appreciate if anyone can help me ... either to get the lens of truth working without glide64 or to get this pack working with glide64 so i can at least complete this dungeon.

For the lens of truth, you mean the High resolution picture of it? Are you getting the quest status bug problem and button icon problem? For example, if you go to page 2, check Turp's picture of the Hyrule Castle, thats a bug that was in V5 and V4 as well. Also, if you check down lower of page 2, see ChrisHighwind's pictures. If your getting that problem, everybody else is as well. We are trying to see what the problem is.

ChrisHighwind

Oh, lol, alright... Uhm, where might I find it?

http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/downloads/list
1964video, the latest plugin based off of Rice Video (No, 1964 is not required in order for you to use this)

https://ricevideo.bountysource.com/
Rice Video 6.1.4, the plugin future plugins are based on.

EDIT:
For the lens of truth, you mean the High resolution picture of it?

No, I believe he means the transparency effects of the Lens of Truth. I remember seeing this problem either in the old Community Retexture thread or the 1964video thread. Basically, what the lens of truth is SUPPOSED to do is apply a transparency effect to whatever is affected by it in order to reveal something you can't see without it. However, in the Rice/1964video plugins, the transparency effect does not work, thereby rendering the Lens of Truth useless and the Shadow Temple uncompletable without trial and error. Basically it'd give the same effect as if someone was foolish enough to attempt to tackle the dungeon without going to the Bottom of the Well to get the Lens of Truth.

EDIT 2: BTW, someone screwed up with the dungeon map names, and put "Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly" for the Deku Tree dungeon.

Last edited:

monochromatik

yeah, the transparency effects are what i'm talking about.
and i'm not getting the other problems, just the problem with the text on items and buttons not being sharp like it was in v4.

oh wait, i just checked. i do have the sloppy overlapping menus as well.

Last edited: