What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mendus

You can download an older version of Glide 64 to solve the gray items issue, it worked for me.
Thanks, that worked for the gray items issue. In case someone is wondering, the latest release solving this problem is may 2011.

I also managed to run the rice video, and though the colors of most of the texture look better, I found too many glitches. The hearts slightly overlap (more than in glide), the textures of the names of the areas when getting into them do not load, I cant make Link appear in the menu, and if I touch too many things in graphics config it will eventually crash. I guess I will stick to glide for the time being.

CHUBBS_90

Hi, I am having some real troubles getting this to work, I couldn't get it to load at all with project 64 1.6 or glide (final, 8th may release).

So I'm using the latest version on Project 64 (2.1), and using the glide plugin that it comes with PJ64Glide64.dll

When I try to run it, the start up load screen, it counts 2714 files then stops, so it's not loading about 1000 files, can anyone tell me how to fix this please?

EDIT: Also I tried rice's 6.14 and 6.13(for direct X9) with both project 64 1.6 and 2.1 and they both didn't work, upon loading the rom I would get "project64.exe has stopped working"

Last edited:

mendus

When I try to run it, the start up load screen, it counts 2714 files then stops, so it's not loading about 1000 files, can anyone tell me how to fix this please?

You might need to check "apply texture compression" and "compress texture cache" for big packs. Also, set the texture cache to its max.

zissakos

Hi guys,

I have tried this awesome texture pack and it is absolutely great!!

I noticed two things:
- The Map Subscreen when you are in a dungeon: there is a background part missing leading to the outline of the dungeon map not being visible. Anybody noticed this?
- The outlines of the hearts in the upper left corner of the HUD are not white. Even when modifying the textures and giving them a white outline, the textures appear as if they were tinted red. Anybody knows the reason for this? (Glide64 final, Project64 2.0.1).

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Hi, I am having some real troubles getting this to work, I couldn't get it to load at all with project 64 1.6 or glide (final, 8th may release).

So I'm using the latest version on Project 64 (2.1), and using the glide plugin that it comes with PJ64Glide64.dll

EDIT: Also I tried rice's 6.14 and 6.13(for direct X9) with both project 64 1.6 and 2.1 and they both didn't work, upon loading the rom I would get "project64.exe has stopped working"

Yeah, just stop right there,
go back to the official glide64 final, pj64glide has too many issues right now, broken alt crc and compressed caches being 2 of them.

Khodak

Hi, i'm using Project 64 2.1 and Glide 64 final with this texture pack and its not working correctly, the problems are:

1- 1st time i run the game with the texture pack the emulator suddenly close when loading the texture pack.
2-2nd time i run the emulator it gives another error in texture loading screen "Failed to load memory"
3-3rd time the game open normally, but without some hd textures in the game.

After this nothing diferent happens, hope you guys can help me, thx :D

Khodak

I have changed the plugin to RiceVideo REALESE 0.2.1 and apparently work fine ( its load around 4000 textures, is that correct? ), the game menu have broken textures, is that a emulator bug? (PS: Where can i find a tutorial to put shaders on the game? )

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

May I please have instructions for using this pack with Master Quest?
It's the same procedure, just rename the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" folder to "ZELDA MASTER QUEST". Trough note that some textures will be missing in Master Quest.

Lylat1an

It's the same procedure, just rename the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" folder to "ZELDA MASTER QUEST". Trough note that some textures will be missing in Master Quest.

Thanks, but I can't get it working for either game, nor can I get Project64 1.6 or 2.1 to recognize Death--Droid's modified Rice plugin. A lot of the instructions seem to be for outdated versions anyway.

Edit: Got it working in OoT but not on MQ.

Last edited:
Afaik you have to rename EVERY texture to zelda master quest, trust me I tried, either that or I wasted hours just renaming stuff XD

Lylat1an

Zelda Master Quest isn't officially supported by this texture pack, some textures may or may not load.

Is there an unofficial way to get most of them working? I got OoT to load the pack (And it looks awesome!) but it's not loading for MQ.

I tried renaming the folder to ZELDA MASTER QUEST, and I'm willing to rename every file if I must, but seeing how Master Quest has its own logo animation folder makes me think I missed something.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Theres a quick way to rename all the files through batch renaming (google up some program to do it, there should be some freebie ones around that will get the job done for you)
I personally have no idea how to get the Master Quest ones working, never actually even tried the rom at all. Though if the rom identifies itself as zelda master quest or whatever then the textures will need renaming as well.

Markeerouz

You have to rename every texture to ZELDA MASTER QUEST.
some of them don't load in MQ, like the ones with the Gerudo symbol.

F

Fanatic 64

Or you can use a hexadecimal editor and change the ROM's header to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA...

ex_p4t

Can you advise one? Notepad++ stood out to me but it's not reading it properly in C++. (That's the language N64 games use right?)
The code in the cartridge is compiled, meaning it is pretty much just near-uncomprehensible assembly code.

Changing the ROM header probably doesn't help at all, since in this case, it has the same effect as changing the hires_texture folder name.

Status
Not open for further replies.