What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fanatic 64

I have that same issue, the items in the shops and what you get from chests are all gray in glide final. Anyone knows why?
that doesn't happen in Glide Napalm WX, try downloading that.
if you can post a screenshot of that color issue, (Link's face) maybe someone here can help you.
It is recommended that you quote the message you are responding to (like I'm doing) so people know what are you talking about.

And I remember that issue was posted months ago, so it is likely that the user either already resolved his issue or that he went looking for help somewhere else.

And I recommend you update Glide64.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
no, the content saved to the DAT is stored in this messed up form,
if you create it with Glide64 Final or Napalm it'll be fine

Markeerouz

And what's better with Glide Final? is it faster?
Glide 64 is a bit slow on my PC, i have to use PAL roms to reduce lag.
Jabo's plugin is faster but i can't use textures with it.
and Rice has a lot of glitches in this game and crashes when exiting fullscreen.

F

Fanatic 64

And what's better with Glide Final? is it faster?
Glide 64 is a bit slow on my PC, i have to use PAL roms to reduce lag.
Jabo's plugin is faster but i can't use textures with it.
and Rice has a lot of glitches in this game and crashes when exiting fullscreen.
It has less bugs than Glide64 Napalm WX.

Markeerouz

Wich version of Rice Video should i use?
Glide can't load some textures, like the portal that appears after killing a boss, and it has some tiling issues.
i have a ATI Radeon card.

phly95

Can you put a new texture for the carrot on Epona? Because that is very pixelated. [s2.postimg.org/50avbd4c5/carrot.png] I made this with GIMP, it'd be cool if you added it.

Cosmo_Kramer

no, the content saved to the DAT is stored in this messed up form,
if you create it with Glide64 Final or Napalm it'll be fine

That didn't work for me. The same DAT file from Glide64 Final does not load properly on the Project64 Glide. Is there any difference between the Final and P64 version? I am also having a hard time getting Rice to work. I get an exception. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix it? Thanks for your time.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
add the emulators plugins directory as the Textures directory in the emulators settings so PJGlide64 is loading the textures and dats from the same location that glide64 is.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Wich version of Rice Video should i use?
Glide can't load some textures, like the portal that appears after killing a boss, and it has some tiling issues.
i have a ATI Radeon card.

Not to be a bit biased here, but I would actually reccomend to use my version of Rice Video http://www.emutalk.net/threads/54166-Rice-Video-Community-version

Can you put a new texture for the carrot on Epona? Because that is very pixelated. [s2.postimg.org/50avbd4c5/carrot.png] I made this with GIMP, it'd be cool if you added it.
Ill check out your image asap, but from the looks of it, it might be best to make a larger image for it.

phly95

I would use your video plugin, except that it runs slower than Glide64, it doesn't have force 4:3 ratio, and I don't see any texture differences to make me switch. I like that you have anti-aliasing, but it takes too long to load the hi-res textures and it has DirectX errors that cause it to crash.
EDIT:
By slower, I meant micro-stutters, which don't happen under Glide.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

I would use your video plugin, except that it runs slower than Glide64, it doesn't have force 4:3 ratio, and I don't see any texture differences to make me switch. I like that you have anti-aliasing, but it takes too long to load the hi-res textures and it has DirectX errors that cause it to crash.
EDIT:
By slower, I meant micro-stutters, which don't happen under Glide.

In theory there should be no real texture differences, but still you never know. XD, well actually there are the backgrounds that likely won't load since their not split up into tiles like Glide requires them to be. The taking to long to load textures is a simply because we don't cache the info we read from the textures. Glide however does.
The micro stutters during gameplay using the OOT pack is caused by the rapid loading in and unloading of textures to memory. While our cache textures for Rice Video solves this problem by loading them all into memory, it is not the most efficient way of doing it since we dont do any compression to the textures. Well in short meaning you need a large amount of ram to handle it.
About those errors.. drop me a line in http://www.emutalk.net/threads/54166-Rice-Video-Community-version?p=449355#post449355 about what they actually are.

Airpyr877

How you get it to work

been trying for two days on several different emulator and a variety of different plugs ins. watyched read and followed all the tutz I can find. got pak in proper folder with matching file name .. just wont load a darn thing. Programs run fine just no enhancement. Help me please been at this for two dayz.

Thank you.

geaster

Hello all. I have become growingly interested in the retexturing arena, namely this game. I've finally decided to join on and what I'd really love to contribute, though it will take me some time, is to retexture the marketplace, Link's house, and the Temple of Time. However, with my very limited experience with retexturing, I may need some help figuring out where to import said files, etc. So if this project is still up and running, I'd love to bring it to full fruition with such a contribution to make it feel more complete. It's been awhile since I've worked with 3d modeling so it may take me a bit to get reacquainted but with some time and some input, I'd love to help out.

mendus

Hi everyone! I have a question regarding the texture pack. Whenever I obtain a new item, I see it in a grey scale instead of in colours. Is this because the texture pack is incomplete or do I have something wrong configured? I am using Glide 64 'final'.
Also, it sometimes crashes when I press the switch in the deku tree basement that lights a torch. It never happens with the same configuration but the high resolution textures deactivated. Is this a common issue?
Thank you all for the answers and for making such an awesome pack!

EDIT: I finished reading the thread and saw the gray colours are a common issue. Is there not any easy fix? I also tried Rice video (the one linked in this thread) but it doesnt manage to load the big texture pack, giving the same error as glide with texture compression disabled. Any ideas on how to make it run?

Last edited:

Markeerouz

Hi everyone! I have a question regarding the texture pack. Whenever I obtain a new item, I see it in a grey scale instead of in colours. Is this because the texture pack is incomplete or do I have something wrong configured? I am using Glide 64 'final'.
Also, it sometimes crashes when I press the switch in the deku tree basement that lights a torch. It never happens with the same configuration but the high resolution textures deactivated. Is this a common issue?
Thank you all for the answers and for making such an awesome pack!

EDIT: I finished reading the thread and saw the gray colours are a common issue. Is there not any easy fix? I also tried Rice video (the one linked in this thread) but it doesnt manage to load the big texture pack, giving the same error as glide with texture compression disabled. Any ideas on how to make it run?

You can download an older version of Glide 64 to solve the gray items issue, it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.