What's new

Your reason for N64 emulation?

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Why? Chicks dig N64 emulatorz!

You wouldn't believe the number of dates I've gotten from telling girls I'm an N64 video plugin author...no, really...stop laughing... :unsure:

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
Orkin:
I never thought that chicks digged N64 emulation so much, I thought that people that lock themself in their dungeon did emulation in their spare time (me)

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
I've been into emulation since the old Snes9X was out, but the n64 "scene" is the first emu to get me to BUY the console. Twice.

So I go to EB Games today...

Previously Owned n64 system (A/V cable, Power Pack and Grey Controller) - includes Perfect Dark - $19.99 USD

Vigilante 8 - $7.99

Conker's Bad Fur Day - $8.99

WCW/NWO Revenge - $4.99

The ability to play these with my girlfriend (also an avid gamer) - Priceless. :)

Last edited:

jdsony

My first step into emulation was gameboy emulation in it's infancy on a 486 and boy was it slow. Of course Gameboy emulation now can run on a 486 full speed with a decent emulator.

My reason for N64 emulation is convinience, cost (although it is making me buy more real n64 games now) and performance/resolution.

One of the best things emulation has brought to the N64 in general is better games. A lot of N64 games had lower review scores because the framerate was bad (Jet Force Gemini is one example). Most games made by Rare had a pretty poor framerate on the N64. On the decent PC you don't notice what was once plaguing many N64 games...now if only I could overclock my n64 =p

Hyper190

Banned
My reason :to lazy to go out and get my wallet ready.
Although its allways full!!!
my computers good enough so I use it!!!!!!!
and like the above member said I get steady framerates
Better resolution (somtimes)
Stereo Sound!!

mesman00

What's that...?
ever since i've been apart of the scene, if i am even apart of it, i dunno, i haven't played n64 games using an emulator. the only system i was ever into playing was nes. however, like many others, i'm here for the technical side, to learn a few things, and to just watch the emu's progress.

jdsony

mesman00 said:
ever since i've been apart of the scene, if i am even apart of it, i dunno, i haven't played n64 games using an emulator. the only system i was ever into playing was nes. however, like many others, i'm here for the technical side, to learn a few things, and to just watch the emu's progress.

It's interesting that a lot of people are here just for personal knowledge, I thought everyone was a warez junky! No, not really. I like to think I am in it solely for the game playing but with all my emulation stuff on my hard drive, not even being played, I realize that part of me just likes have and show off the technological wonder of playing console and arcade games on a PC. These forums are pretty much for education anyway, some people come here looking for help getting games working but they are inadvertently learning some of the technical side just by doing that.

Well it sure is amazing anyway...I wish I had the patience for coding but I just don't, my mind wanders so quickly and that is one of the reason's I play these games =p

FrOsTy

well i started about 5 years ago because i could play 'secret of mana' on the snes emu and is was happy as can be but then i just got more and more roms, and started to learn what plugins work and how emus work what works with what and why and before you know it i'm on here help you guys out, and plus i'm lazy and cbf playing with a dodgy control stick and plus my xbox controller is more sexy! :p lol