What's new

Your reason for N64 emulation?

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Uber-increased graphics. Simple.

Oh, yeah, and I don't own an N64, or any other console. However, I might get an N64 for the sake of testing gfx plugins.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
I don't play any n64 games anymore except Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, just because that game is the best ever.

Anyways, my 64 was stolen some time ago (someone broke into my house).. and yeah.. I've gotten another 64 since then, but only have a couple games for it.. and yeah..

revl8er

That Damn Good
I wouldn't say mystical ninja is the best game, but it is a great game. Too bad I can't get it to work on my new pc. Maybe the next 1964 will have it working for me.

Geoz

De Master
The reason i am in N64 emulation is cos i get a buzz out of it how it develops, fine i don't understand how the hell they get it to work all i know is that it does.
The main reason i got into n64 emulation is cos i could play it on the laptop, on the move which i couldn't with a normal n64.
I didn't get it for the free 'ROMs' cos i dump my own with my Z64.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I liked the idea of being able to effectivly store a huge back catalogue of games, and it is great to see regular progress! I am enjoying seeing PCSX2 progress more than Icarus! cos of regular versions - it is fun to see new stuff! I believe this is why PJ64 was soooo popular

pandamoan

Banned
i like the GAMEPLAY in many n64 titles, combined with the new eyecandy that emus can offer, i rarely bother playing too much xbox/ps2/gamecube. i'm sure the graphics are better, but for one thing:

a tv is 640x480 INTERLACED.

the resolution is horrible, and hurts my eyes actually. :(

besides, there hasn't been a SINGLE game that made me need a new console. all the games are rehashed old ones, as far as i've seen. the only truly innovative game i've played recently was GTA, and it plays very well at high resolution on my pc, thank you very much rockstar.

naPPy

For me, I just simply, I don't have the money to buy all the games that I like for N64. At $60 a shot, before GC, it was just too much. So when I bought my new P4 system, I turned to emulation. Its almost as good as the real thing.... now if only I had an adaptoid... :naughty:

Hyper19s

Banned
save states and
better resolution
whole catolog of roms
on your harddrive

that pretty much sums
it up for me :)

badbooks

perfect for ppl with a multiplicity of systems. Having a computer full of emulators makes more sense than a living room full of consols..

what can i say, i'm a neat freak

gokuss4

Meh...
i got into n64 emulation because i wanted to test my amd athlon 900mhz when i upgraded and it worked great. also because i wanted to play zelda oot and other games on better quality :D (and i was so glad glide64 came out when i had a voodoo 3, never had regrets beta testing that good ole plugin :) ). I was also into other emulation. but now im just hangin around the boards, not much into emulation anymore. i play more PC games now.

Nemo

Master Sporksman
I was into snes emulation because I found it interesting, and I love those games more than the "new" ones (N64 age, I haven't played any of the newest games). I got into N64 emulation for a while when I learned how to dump my games with my gameshark pro.

scotty

The Great One
Nemo said:
I was into snes emulation because I found it interesting, and I love those games more than the "new" ones (N64 age, I haven't played any of the newest games). I got into N64 emulation for a while when I learned how to dump my games with my gameshark pro.

I have to admit, it was actually Nintendo in the first place that got me into emulation. DK64 had the original Donkey Kong in the game I found it intriguing. I saw a modified version of tetris on the web, and then I started wondering if there were ways to bring ROMS to your PC. I eventually found a site (now deleted) with a few SNES games and Snes9x.
I started with a few ROMS, I think Secret of Mana was the one I used first in emulation ever. eventually I lead onto finding NES and C64 games. A few months later I found N64 ROMS, stood stored in memory (werent used until I got a GFX card).

What the heck am I talking about?
My point is that SNES was also my 1st emulator, and I treasure all emulation and what it has come of.

Nasorean

i got into emulation for the games. there are a lot of games out there that are really good, but ridiculously expensive. this tactic was for all consoles, i like games and emulation was the most financially prudent way to get a lot of good ones. frugality has saved my @$$ in college.

then as i got into computer programming, and began to understand C language, the source code was really interesting and worth examining.

Matata

Novato Experimentado
I got into emulation to play those hard to find SNES games I couldn´t play in any other way...

Zuzma

I got into emulation by accident. One day I was searching on the web for gaming history because there was some stuff in the microsoft return of arcade pack help file which got me curious. Well for some reason or another I stumbled into this gem known as Nesticle and I've been following emulation ever since. Er anyway I guess my reason for it is because it was just so interesting to see the game running on a pc rather then just the console system. :satisfied

Remote

The honest answer is probaly because we are all cheap, or vice versa can't afford to buy all the games we have played. I know I surely couldn't...

Zuzma

Remote said:
The honest answer is probaly because we are all cheap, or vice versa can't afford to buy all the games we have played. I know I surely couldn't...

I don't know if this reply was directed twards me really but I own a nes, snes, n64, dreamcast, gamecube and a ps2. All paid for by me except the nes and I own atleast 30 games for each system. I respect the companies and I like to purchase their products. Also it isn't that hard to find used games for 10 or 20 bucks. That isn't that much either unless the person either doesn't have a job or is still in school and their parents are cheap. ;)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Remote said:
Yeah kinda :p that was the first thing that got me hooked in the start.
Also, voodoos are the best for n64 emulation today.

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
hm.... my reason ??? coz of the feature it has, no carttridge, unlimited memory cards, better gfx (for some), all console in one (that's PC) that's my main reason i guess :)