What's new

Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange

2 Vegetable
My cooling system cost 15$ and its good enough for cooling my overclocked CPU and there is 0.0000000001% possibility what my Athlon can burn itself out. So its really worth it.

Vegetable

Banned
Ok then, do you have any proof that you have overclocked your cpu so high? And how is it that there is a 0.0000000001% chance of your cpu burning out, I mean, for fuck's sake, there's more of a chance it'll burn out without overclocking it.

Gladiac0190

2 Gladiac0190
Hmm... Water pump is also noisy.... But if that thing costs 270$ maybe not =)
water pump is noisy??? harharhar, no, not really... ;D
the only noise a water pump makes is the shaking between the pump and the case where it stands in. if you put the pump on some foam there is _NO_ noise, believe me...

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
@Strange : you could post a a screenshot of an CPU-Speed Analysis program to proof that you overclocked it that far .
Some words to the pump : How the hell did you come to say that a pump costs 270 USD ? You don't have to use a swimming pool pump , an Eheim 1046 with 12V connectors is a cood choice . ^_^

@Vegetable : His Volcano 10 is a real Monster , with the support of the cold climate , he can get that far very easily ! I mean I have to tone down my CPU a lil' bit in the summer , so the climate has a little effect . ^.^ (3200+ to 2800+)

Last edited:

Strange

2 Gladiac0190
Ok - i believe you =)
2 Vegetable
What kind of proof you want? - i can make screenshot from sandra for example or from any other CPU information program.
And possibility of CPU burning is really very,i mean VERY low.

-Shadow-

Banned
Whooohoo ! Nice work ! It's a shame that i can put the Vcore only to 1,85Volt , otherwise I could do the same ^.^
Btw : Strange , what for a mainboard do you have ? (I mean the Brand , i know that it is a Nforce board) And how high is yor Vcore ?

Strange

My CPU power voltage is 1.8V(max is 2.0V). My mainboard is EpOX_8RDA+ - one of the best board for overclocking.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Ooh benchmarks. Here's some from yesterday, for the hell of it. ;)

edit: Vegetable, what the hell is your problem? Has the praise from the shots thread gotten to your head? Quit being a dickhead. You want respect, give it first. :sleeping: As for overclocking, people (like myself) do it more or less for the knowledge, messing with hardware and stuff. Besides, if you're understanding of your limits, things should be fine (I had to physically mod the CPU to achieve 1.70V from 1.5.. not much skill needed, just accuracy when working with small parts). I've been running this 1.2 Tualatin @ 1.7GHz since the day I got the thing, no problems, runs at about 32C max load with a cheap $20 copper cooler with a case fan on it, 1 intake fan, and one exhaust. The sides off do help, ALOT. My cpu gets about ~6C higher with both sides on.

Last edited:

legoman666

you think you people could resize the damn pics or something...

anyway, ive been running my 2500+ at 2229mhz 24/7 since the day i got it. no problems here. ;)

Clements

My motherboard FSB defaults to 199MHz (398MHz effective or whatever you call it) giving ~2190MHz. I raised it to 202MHz in the BIOS and now my FSB reads as 405MHz giving ~2230MHz. Hmm. Here's my Sandra shot:

shurikenman

Damn...I wanna be Sonic ^^
One moment....You can have 10.000 Ghz and it wouldnt run better...they have to optimise the code, until that hasnt happened...you either can have a geforce 8900 Ultra or a Radeon 14900XT 1024MB RAM and there wouldnt be any difference...

Vegetable

Banned
Alright, you've overclocked it, but you'll know who to think of when it burns out :D, and you'll know who's ass to kiss to get the money for a new one.

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
Offtopic: Short and sweet. Vegetable, you're an idiot and only trying to start a flame war here. If you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.

On original topic:
Yeah, CPU speed is the most important thing right now. But the recommended vid card when Dolphin was released was Radeon 9500 (i think) or 9600.

On Tangent:
I've got a P4 2.4c, and it's said to be pretty good with OCing and a MSI 865PE Neo2 FISR, and each time I use DOT in the bios my comp usually stalls after the post test, and all I knocked up was the multiplier to 13x (2.52Ghz) and the voltage a little bit for support. Anyone have experience using DOT on MSI boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.