What's new

Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Hey everyone, long time no see, I haven't being around here for a while now... Happened to surf back to see whats going on.

Just can't believe what I am finding here right now, a working GC emulator, wow.... is it for real?

After looking at some of the screen shots, I can't begin to tell you guys how I feel right now... this is too great!!

ector YOU are great man, keep it up, think I am going to upgrade my system just to use this emu! :D

just a few questions though, what is the min system requirements right now?

Last edited:

Vegetable

Banned
People have been running Crazy Taxi at a semi-decent speed with a geforce 2 32mb, but I would at least get a 64 mb ddr, like a geforce 4 ti4200.

Strange

Heh - ti4200 doesn`t support DX9.0 so GFFX5600 will be good enough. And CPU about 2Ghz and better will be good too...

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Strange said:
Heh - ti4200 doesn`t support DX9.0 so GFFX5600 will be good enough. And CPU about 2Ghz and better will be good too...

Its not yet known what specs will be needed, anything people are saying is purley an estimate.

Eyedentity

Emu technician
I got a geforce fx 5700 , and when i start mario kart ingame without wireframe i see the sky but the rest is black , is that normal?

Strange

CPU power is MORE important than videocard... Nowdays videocards i think is more than enough for gamecube emulation. And emu code optimization is most important thing than both CPU and video - in that case nowdays 3Ghz CPU with good videocard maybe will be enough for 640x480 at 30fps play...

-Shadow-

Banned
No , a 3Ghz Cpu isn't enough to play a GC game with 30Fps , I've got an athlon 2600+ @ 3200+ and still the standard 5fps-Diashow...

The emu code optimisation is absolutely the most important thing , i think...

/edit : you don't know how good the machines of japanese and european people are ! ^_°

/edit : There's a lil' guide to get a nice 3200+ AMD-processor :

1.Buy 2500+ or 2600+ for 80€
2.Make sure you got a Mainboard which unlocks the CPU automatically !
3.set multiplicator to 12 and set , if necessary set asynchronous FSB/memory-speed on
4.Make sure the Clock-speed is 2,2 Ghz
5. enjoy a 3200+ ^.^

Last edited:

Strange

2 H3ad5h0tter
I think this should be enough WITH GOOD CODE OPTIMIZATION, not for now...
And i have 1700+ overclocked to about 3400+ ;-) My internal clock speed is 2400Mhz... So my variant is nicest =)

Strange

Nope - i have only Volcano10+ but my tower is always opened =) And i live in Murmansk - its a cold northen city =)

Vegetable

Banned
Having your tower open doesn't cool it down that much. You should check your cpu temperature. I'll laugh my ass off when that thing fries.

-Shadow-

Banned
lol ? I can't use a loud cooler like the Volcano Series , because i want to be able tosleep near my PC when I download something over night ^.^ I'ts already very hard to do since i've got my radeon 9800Pro...

I'll defenitely buy a Water cooling system..........

/edit : letting the tower open CAN have an effect when you live in cold regions or when it's winter....

Gladiac0190

so... why not buying a watercooling system by innovatek? 250 € (270$ or so) only one time and you have a great cooled and silent system. (You can also hang your grafics card, hdd, chipset,.... into this water circle)

But I can also not sleep over night near my pc because of this moZZafoCKin' harddisk by western digital... its that load...

Strange

>>Having your tower open doesn't cool it down that much.<<
LoL - trust me - i know what i`m doing
uptosomething.gif
My current temperature is 52C - not very high... With closed tower its about 60-65C - with this temperature system working very unstable. >>I'll laugh my ass off when that thing fries.<< LoL
happy07.gif
I`m not such a lamer like you - and i know when it can fries and when not
clever.gif

2 H3ad5h0tter
Yeah - noise is horrible - about 45Db - but i didn`t care - hell performance - that is what i really like ;-) And also i`m sleeping well near that monster when i`m downloading something =)
2 Gladiac0190
Hmm... Water pump is also noisy.... But if that thing costs 270$ maybe not =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.