What's new

Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Shadow-

Banned
Hmmm , i've found a Watercooler for around 130€ (it will cost more if i buy some "accesoires like a gpu cooler :D) , ill buy it...

kage

I've heard that water cooling systems can get noisy, maybe not right off the bat, but look at your average fan and heatsink combo, most of them aren't loud right out of the package, most take time to get loud (the Volcano is an exception...I've played with one but it was too loud for my PC. My computer is always running and its near the TV...)

Sidenote:
I always keep the side of my PC off, or I too have overheating issues...

:ninja:

Its kinda hard to get off topic when the thread is "Wow!!!"

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
My Radeon had got the noise out of the package ! And Water-Cooling aren't noisy . My friend got one , and the pump is noiseless , the fan is on 5 Volt... Its a good choice for people with good ears and a High end system... :D

Kage , what case have you got ? If you get overheating issues with a closed case , replace it ! I would recommend a CS-601 , it looks nice and it is cooling like a fridge (you only need some PAPST fans (around 15DBa)) ^_^

@Gladiac : I would buy a seagate HDD , it's unhearable ^_^

Last edited:

Clements

My computer is incredibly hot and noisy, and I have no problems. I just turn the RPM up to maximum on my heatsink fan since I'm not bothered by the noise, and the hotness is probably due to my 550W PSU or hard drives.

kage

H3ad5h0tter said:
Kage , what case have you got ? If you get overheating issues with a closed case , replace it ! I would recommend a CS-601 , it looks nice and it is cooling like a fridge (you only need some PAPST fans (around 15DBa)) ^_^

I'm actually on the lookout for a new PC case (not just for heat, but I'm getting sick of looking at mine :) )

The CS-601 isn't a bad looking case, my only problem with it is the door in the front of the drives, I'm just not the biggest fan of that, thats just me.

Part of my heat issues are coming from my stupid northbridge fan and heatsink which is trying to stall out on me all the time (I hate the cheapness of chipset fans, I need to find a good one). That and my 9700 Pro pumps out ALOT of heat.

:ninja:

-Shadow-

Banned
Ok , the fan on the northbridge is completely useless . Put it off , trust me , i did it with 3 mainboards , the heat doesn't change a bit .

And the front door can be put off , if you don't like it . The door is very fragile and breaks in a week anyways ^_^

/edit : Ok , and for the Graphics card , you could use the Zalman VGA silencer , a silent VGA cooler with average cooling properties !

Last edited:

Vegetable

Banned
I saw this one cooling system, it costs around 1000 aus, but they overclocked a pentium 4 3ghz to 4 ghz. Myself, I think overclocking is lame, is shortens the lifetime of your hardware, and you have to buy cooling systems with money better spent on actually UPGRADING your processor.

Strange

>>Myself, I think overclocking is lame, is shortens the lifetime of your hardware<<
And so what? - i don`t care if my CPU llife period will be 5 years Instead of 10.

-Shadow-

Banned
I saw this one cooling system, it costs around 1000 aus, but they overclocked a pentium 4 3ghz to 4 ghz.

Vegetable , the cooling system you mentioned was a vaporisator , it cools down the CPU with liquid Nitrogen to around -40° ! But its very dangerous , i saw it in a video . They held a flower in a Metal bottle full of liquid nitrogen , the flower was breakable like glass , ouch...

I don't know how to put the names on the quotes (i got anonymuos quotes) , i think overclocking is easier than making quotes ^_^

Vegetable

Banned
Apparently it isn't dangerous at all if you put it on correctly. I mean, you don't just put liquid nitrogen directly on your cpu ¬_¬

Strange

2 Vegetable
I told you before what i`m not such a lame like you - so i`m khow how to make 50$ CPU works with performance 350$ CPU. And it`s too troublesome for me to use those freaking quote tags, my variant is more quicker.

Vegetable

Banned
Yeah, I guess it is pretty lame that I don't overclock my pc just to get a slight speed increase. I mean, who cares if I might fuck up my video card and/or my cpu! At least I got it about 3 frames faster in Halo!

-Shadow-

Banned
Ok , Halo hasn't a big CPU load (Simple AI and Physics) The performance of HAlo depends on the Graphics card . And I think there is a >BIG< increase from a 1700+ to a 3400+ ^_^

5 years less Lifespan for my CPU is not very bad , because I only had my last
CPU's for two years ^_^

Strange

Exactly H3ad5h0tter! You are totally right and fully understands me ;-)
2 Vegetable
Don`t try to advise knowing people about things in which you understand nothing
lamer.gif
dn.gif

ector

Emulator Developer
My Radeon 9800Pro laughs itself silly at the puny graphics Zelda tries to render and still of course it doesn't run fast :)
The bottleneck is the CPU (yes, dolphin says that 50% of the performance goes to graphics, but that number mostly means graphics display list decoding and things like that, and that's done on the CPU), so no matter how fast the crazy dual-power-rail GF6800 is, it won't help at all.

Vegetable

Banned
Alright, so, you can make a $50 cpu as good as a $350 one, but then I guess the cooling system would make up the cost for that, and then there's the fact that your cpu could burn itself out. Is that really worth it? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.