What's new

Windows 98

Trotterwatch

Try using this Via Latency patch (go to Viahardware.com to find out more about it, assuming your Motherboard is based on a Via Chipset, which I am 99% it is) Also you should read the readme file included with the patch before applying it:

This should sort out the crackling sound issue - it should also fingers crossed sort out the Nvidia Infinite Loop error.

Sorry to be a bitch and bring up the WINXP issue with people...
I'm going to say this, if you run WIN2K with SP2 you are indeed just running a copy of WINXP with a different UI and slightly different tools because once you update to SP2 for 2K u now are running a copy of NT 5.1, and if you look at WINXP oh look its just a copy of NT 5.1 as well...
so in reality u should just refer to 2K and XP as NT 5.1 ...
and 9X is dead and so is it's kernel...
but yeah I'm gonna prolly be called a flamer and a spammer for this lol but i don't care and lighten up XP and 2K are just as good as each other I just prefer 2k because it takes up less space and runs that little bit faster on my P2 400 w/512 mb SDRAM and GF3 TI 500 w/ 64mb DDR ram as well as MS is changing the CD keys for all of XP that contains WPA so all the people running warez versions are screwed when they bring out the new SP cause MS is gonna bleed us some more for our money because they r a little pissed about the potential money they lost because of all the illegal copies floating around anyways i'm done have fun lol