What's new

Which internet browser do you use?

Which browser do you use most of the time?

• Total voters

Gorxon

Administrator
Well, Coca Cola IS better than Pepsi. :p

Seriously though, I use Opera. It just has a much better interface which makes me able to browse much easier and faster. Firefox is by no means a bad browser, but I just prefer Opera. I have tried both, but I don't think I can ever change as Opera's interface just is too good. They could work on the compatability part though...

2fast4u

JinXD said:

_the_ worst thing about html is the whole non-standard compatibility of the webbrowsers. while even with standard html you encounter some minor troubles ... as soon as you dare to even include css it becomes a pain in the ass because with the 3 major browsers you often get 3 different outputs.

bottom line: for html coding use firefox as reference. its probably closest to w3c reccomendations currently.

another point is what clements mentioned already ... the fact that the market leading browser interprets just about anything is the reason the web is so cluttered with horrific html code.

milen

I use mainly Firefox and sometimes Opera 7.60 preview3(much better than 7.54). I'm webdeveloper and use FireFox as rference but most clients use IE, so I check every page with IE too.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Chibi Nick said:
I use IE

I have been using it for years, I'm very used to it.

I have had no problems with it.

I heart IE

You say this, but I bet you've never tried Firefox, if you did you would be hooked.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
True, Firefox is like a drug :\
I've used Opera, Mozilla and IE but Firefox is different. Maybe because it's safe or even because you can customize it as you like... I don't know exactly but it feels like it has that "something" that makes you want to use it instead of something else :p

euphoria

Emutalk Member
ScottJC said:
Nice logic... Coca Cola was out way before pepsi... therefore it is better.. windows had the GUI first so linux is inferior! World war 1 happened before 2 so it must've been a better war.... ;)

Technically speaking IE rendered pages before Opera in context to this awesome logic so therefore it is way better.

Sarcasm aside... Opera is still better than Internet Exploder, I liked it back when I used it but it rendered pages "funny", hence why I abandoned my plans for using it for my global world domaination purpose... FireFox was found.. you're all doomed now.. ;)

Nice reading capabilities you have there, boy. Topic is "Which internet browser do you use?".

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Nice sense of humor you have there, boy.

It was mostly a joke hence the ";)" and it also answered which browser do I use question.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Chibi, just give a try to Firefox, add the "Open New Tab" button to the toolbar, and browse pages using tabs. After that you'll never want to use IE again.

2fast4u

on another note and in internet explorers defense ...

firefox somewhat lacks proper support for embedding xml files in html (using data islands is a no-go) which is a real pity considering it would offer some interesting uses. xsl seems to be completely unsupported as far as i can see.

knowitman

I have to agree with t0rek.

Once I first used the tabbed browsing I was hooked. It is so much better IMO.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I'm having a little bit of a hard time believing this, but Netscape 7.2 seems to be faster than Mozilla Firefox!!! Even without the quick launch option, Netscape 7.2 seems to also be loading faster!!!

Jakob

evil *******
RJARRRPCGP: try defragmenting your hdd then, if the firefox files are fragmented and the freshly installed nutscrape ones aren't, then that would explain it

EDIT: Also, firefox's load times are affected by the extensions you use

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
FYI, netscape 7.2 is built with Mozilla (dunno if its firefox) ;)

Even if its faster I see no reason to use it over the original.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
pAsSiVe said:
RJARRRPCGP: try defragmenting your hdd then, if the firefox files are fragmented and the freshly installed nutscrape ones aren't, then that would explain it

EDIT: Also, firefox's load times are affected by the extensions you use

That was even after defragmenting the HDD alot!!! I defragment more than most people do. I only use thorough defragmentation utilities. I thus also always defragment the virtual memory.

Also, it ain't just the loading times, but the web page loading times too!!!

It's likely that Mozilla Firefox don't have the best default settings.

I may also have found a bug too. Mozilla Firefox has a tendency to have long delays when going from one web site to another. I often run into the problem of just seeing "Waiting for (domain name)" on the bottom left corner of the browser and the web page not comming up until around 1 minute later. It randomly occurs with almost all web sites. Also, closing Mozilla Firefox and then relaunching Mozilla Firefox often makes the web site come up faster.

Last edited:

Jakob

evil *******
RJARRRPCGP said:
That was even after defragmenting the HDD alot!!! I defragment more than most people do. I only use thorough defragmentation utilities. I thus also always defragment the virtual memory.

Also, it ain't just the loading times, but the web page loading times too!!!

It's likely that Mozilla Firefox don't have the best default settings.

I may also have found a bug too. Mozilla Firefox has a tendency to have long delays when going from one web site to another. I often run into the problem of just seeing "Waiting for (domain name)" on the bottom left corner of the browser and the web page not comming up until around 1 minute later. It randomly occurs with almost all web sites. Also, closing Mozilla Firefox and then relaunching Mozilla Firefox often makes the web site come up faster.
that could be one or more of the extensions you're using, some of them are really crappy(like tabbrowser extensions, it's just a massive memory hole)