What's new

Which internet browser do you use?

Which browser do you use most of the time?

• Total voters

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Opera, but sometimes Firefox!
Opera is more comftable and looks better, but firefox is faster and has some nice plugins!

Clements

JinXD said:

That guy is mostly an idiot. If you want ActiveX with the Gecko core, use the new Netscape that has support for it.

He also says that Firefox should support non-standard HTML. This is obviously stupid since it promotes half arsed web-building and non-standards compliancy. Again he should just use the new Netscape that uses both IE + Gecko cores.

smcd

I use Maxthon primarily, a wrapper around IE's core. As firefox progresses, I'll eventually switch over completely, I have it installed and use it from time to time. There are still some features I like in Maxthon that either aren't implemented in firefox or that probably could be if I looked into making extensions and whatnot, such as dragging URLs or text and it opening a new tab, and double-click a tab to close.

http://www.firefoxie.net/ has some stuff that can make it look "better" (assuming you like the Office XP / 2k3 style of menus, etc). I recommend skipping the step about "remove unnecessary padding" since it can make the menu's "jump" and just use the stuff for Office XP style menus, and the ChromEdit extension.

smcd

pAsSiVe said:
firefox... I shall now ban the IE user(s) :p
lol, i just noticed, in Maxthon, if you have firefox installed(and i assume mozilla) then it has an option "use gecko engine" :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Nice logic... Coca Cola was out way before pepsi... therefore it is better.. windows had the GUI first so linux is inferior! World war 1 happened before 2 so it must've been a better war.... ;)

Technically speaking IE rendered pages before Opera in context to this awesome logic so therefore it is way better.

Sarcasm aside... Opera is still better than Internet Exploder, I liked it back when I used it but it rendered pages "funny", hence why I abandoned my plans for using it for my global world domaination purpose... FireFox was found.. you're all doomed now.. ;)

Last edited:

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Firefox. I like my computer (mostly) spyware free (meaning that it's less likely).
- Modem