What's new

What Video Card Works The Best For Project64?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
Clements said:
6200 is good, many times faster than FX 5500 and Radeon 92xx. Scores up to 2000 in 3DMark05 and supports SM3.0 and HDR. The 128MB doesn't appear to be much cheaper, so I guess the 256MB version is still worth it.

Thanks A Lot, im probally gonna go with that one then! :)
you think it will play GTA Vice City Without Lag?

Clements

Easily. The card should handle 1024x768 max details with a good framerate in almost all modern games, even higher in older games and emulators.

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
whoa

ok now a amd 2.8(i'm guessing thats a fx-57)

now if you have a fx-57 then by all means do NOT get a 6200

with a cpu like that i'd save up for a 6600gt,6800gt or a 7800gtx

a 6200 will give you a major bottleneck on your system

and from what i've heard its not that good anyway

if i had a fx-57 i'd save up for a 7800gtx

GCFreak

I'm sure it wont lagg :p

EDIT:

zeeky said:

That's not true, it's more powerful than it sounds and i bet hes not going for fx-57 , costs FAR TOO MUCH, just like the p4 extreme edition ;)

Last edited:

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
lol

then what 2.8 dose he have?

i think theres a dual core 2.8

and no its not more powerfull than i think

last i check i think someone said that is was on par with a 5900

all it has is the latest exstentions and stuff

i got my 6600gt for about 180$ and its definitly worth it

also i whold like to see the link for the cpu and/or barebone you got

Clements

whoa

ok now a amd 2.8(i'm guessing thats a fx-57)

now if you have a fx-57 then by all means do NOT get a 6200

with a cpu like that i'd save up for a 6600gt,6800gt or a 7800gtx

and from what i've heard its not that good anyway

if i had a fx-57 i'd save up for a 7800gtx

He is OBVIOUSLY getting a Athlon64 2800+ and put it down mistakenly as a 2.8GHz CPU. Do you seriously think someone would buy a $1000 to go with a budget ECS motherboard and a budget video card? Just use a little thought. :rolleyes:

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
wtf? lol im confused! well im going to the pc store on the 1st, and he said he can get me a $500 dollar video card, top line i dont remember the name of it,
For $200 Bucks, its been sitting at the pc store for 2 months,
but he said it can run any new games out. 256MB or 512mb i dont remember.
im gonna check it out first, he also said he can get me a Geforce FX5200 For $50,
but i gotta go with options here, the computer store is 2 blocks away, and i dont wanna sit in the car for an hour and 30 minutes to the Nearest PC store
what you all think?

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
oh a 2800+

ok then get the 6200

edit:hmm sounds like a 6800gt or ultra(there about 200$ now that the 7800's are out)

but with a 2800+ a 6800 whold be useless so i still vote for the 6200

Last edited:
OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
Clements said:
He is OBVIOUSLY getting a Athlon64 2800+ and put it down mistakenly as a 2.8GHz CPU. Do you seriously think someone would buy a $1000 to go with a budget ECS motherboard and a budget video card? Just use a little thought. :rolleyes:

its a ECS Motherboard yes, And AMD 2.8GHz 64Bit Processor,
what you mean by 2800+? lol
its pretty cheap for what i payed for, but i cant complain, i can later upgrade to a better and faster processor. (if needed)
$180 is a good price for what i payed for :)

Clements

SithLord666 said:
its a ECS Motherboard yes, And AMD 2.8GHz 64Bit Processor,
what you mean by 2800+? lol
its pretty cheap for what i payed for, but i cant complain, i can later upgrade to a better and faster processor. (if needed)
$180 is a good price for what i payed for :)

2800+ is the model rating, which in this case implies that is performs similar to a Pentium4 'C' 2.8GHz. The 2800+ is really clocked at 1.8GHz.

The only 2.8GHz AMD processor available is the FX-57 which is $1011 on Pricewatch.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
and yes its an exelent price if your looking for a bearbone pc,
processor, motherboard and case, power supply

Clements said:
2800+ is the model rating, which in this case implies that is performs similar to a Pentium4 'C' 2.8GHz. The 2800+ is really clocked at 1.8GHz.

The only 2.8GHz AMD processor available is the FX-57 which is $1011 on Pricewatch.

ah crap are you serious? so i payed for a 1.8GHz ???

well it could be a 2.8GHz the person that ordererd my parts, said he gets them cheap so you never know, i guess i will have to find out either way still a good price

Last edited by a moderator:

Clements

CPU performance are measured by cache size, FSB speed, performance per clock, amount of pipeline stages and all sorts as well as clock speed.

Intel marketing has basically conned the average joe/n00b into believing that clockspeed is important, when it is only one of the determinants of speed. The Athlon64 is generally the best performing processor you can buy. Don't let marketing fool you, and look at some benchmarks.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/index.html?modelx=33&model1=71&model2=18&chart=26

The link above shows your 2800+ (@1.8GHz) beating a Pentium 4 'C' Northwood at 3.0GHz. You can start to see how little clockspeed really matters.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
damn i he told me it was going to be 2.8GHz orignally it was 2.6GHz but the processors he usually orders where out so he said he gave me a free upgrade *confused*
maybe i should just stick to old computers blah

mix

Well I know more about computers than any of my friends, they call me a nerd. But I do know more tech than most 12 year olds...heck I can even program in C++.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
mix said:
Well I know more about computers than any of my friends, they call me a nerd. But I do know more tech than most 12 year olds...heck I can even program in C++.

Your 12? And Know C++ ?? Impresive! C++ Is Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.