What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
True, but that is not typically the application's fault. DirectInput is supposed to be the bridge between the application and the gamepad. If something does not work, either it is DI or the drivers.

Haisook

Quick Load

I'd like to see Quick Load is is the case with Quick Save.
This works quite good in Gens. F5 quick saves, and F8 quick loads the last state. :sombrero:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Oh come on, if there is a Quick Save feature there is a Quick Load feature as well. :/

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
I was thinking about something but don't know how to explain it correctly...

How about something like;
You could import special shaders, effects, filters, new configs, in the video plugin...
something like, if anyone wants a "cel shade" effect, someone just create this filter (or whatever u call it) so other could download and import it to the plugin...
This way the plugin can have a lot of new effects and still its the same plugin, so the user don't have to download different plugins (that may have worse graphics than jabo's)...
Or maybe I am just crazy...:drool:

mudlord

Banned
Problem is, can you get that sort of support with DirectX8??? (the plugin is based on DirectX8). I know this has been brought up heaps, but I don't see it happening.

DX9 (HLSL) or OpenGL 1.5/2.0 (GLSL), that would be no issue at all....since they are flexible enough to handle decent custom shaders. From what I understand about DX8, that can be quite tricky to implement the same thing, due to the lack of flexibility in the DX8 API for this sort of thing (DX8 shader programming is quite restricted, in that there is a pretty small number of operations (about 128) you could do with the shader. But with DX9, theres a great improvement with this, and shaders can be quite easy to do, due to HLSL. With DX8, assembly language is used for the shaders) .

Also, there are some support issues. What if someone with no coding experience, wants to add cel-shading support (are we going to make tuts for people who don't know how to code)? Also, adding cel-shading support is much more than the shaders...you'll need to add per-pixel-lighting, integrate the shaders to use lighting values processed by the plugin, implement back-face culling etc....

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Having read a LOT of the threads with people asking for help with problems, and seeing lots of instances of "Please post your specs!"... my suggestion is a simple script in PJ64's help menu that will "record" the system information for the casual user into a simple text file when you push a "report specs" button. This way a user with limited experience with Windows or PJ64 can report their specs without having to ask how every step of the way. Plus if you throw in a "bug reporting" option, it might even be able to capture the errors that have occurred as a simple and small file, that can be uploaded to the forum for other users to help out.

Rabiddiety has/had something similar while he was debugging his version of the N-Rage Direct Input plugin (2.0) to let him know what was going wrong with other user's configurations. I think it would save a LOT of headaches all around, and even allow for further development of PJ64 in future builds. Instead of having to replicate the errors ourselves, we could just look at the part in the code that broke during gameplay and either explain a fix for the user, or note it for future builds of the RDB.

What do you think?

Agozer

This board has a feature that automatically posts the user's computer specs (provided that he/she has typed them in their profile). For some reason though, this feature vanished after the board software upgrade and no-one has put it back since.

Doomulation

Yeah, but people don't put them in there, however. And they do not read the FAQs so naturally they usually don't post the specs anyway.

realworksuks

i'd like to have a fast forward button.. although most comps wouldn't be able to handle it. You know what I mean though right? Like in snes you can increase the speed of games.

Agozer

i'd like to have a fast forward button.. although most comps wouldn't be able to handle it. You know what I mean though right? Like in snes you can increase the speed of games.
You can already have fast forward by temporarily deactivating the FPS Limit. Yes, it's not the same as a real fast forward feature, but it's something.

Doomulation

It's also already present in Mupen. For the time being, or if they do not add this, then you can always try Mupen.