What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It is definitely possible that the Project64 team respects the suggestions of donators more than users posting here who'd rather wait than pay them for their hard work.

We all wait, regardless if we donate or not. We don't pay for the software; though I'm sure you know that, let's not give anyone any false ideas. You donate to show your appreciation for their work, which allows you to get a little closer to the development.

Iconoclast

We all wait, regardless if we donate or not. We don't pay for the software; though I'm sure you know that, let's not give anyone any false ideas. You donate to show your appreciation for their work, which allows you to get a little closer to the development.
Last time I checked, you get access to the beta version if you donate. Is there something I'm missing?

Or, by "let's not give anyone false ideas," you meant, let's not give the impression that you should only donate so you can get the beta, not to respect the author's work? Because I never said that.

B

Beaner(lui)

quote:
I mean, why create a thread if they are not listening? Of course they read what people want, but the question is what they will do with this information.

The End Is Near!!!
sorry, just trying to help...
anyways, but it must take a really long time to respond
to this stuff, after all, it is really hard to make people happy...
People are just asses these days, it's really hard to find a respectable person,
I move up north just a little, and there is a huge difference, maby cause i'm brown...
Hem...Sorry...

I understand what you are saying though.

Doomulation

Last time I checked, you get access to the beta version if you donate. Is there something I'm missing?
Quite. You DONATE to THEM to be able to access betas and the member (private) forum. You do not PAY for it, especially not for the SOFTWARE.
You are correct.

Or, by "let's not give anyone false ideas," you meant, let's not give the impression that you should only donate so you can get the beta, not to respect the author's work? Because I never said that.
From reading your post, one could get the impression that you should pay for the software, which is wrong. I would merely point out that we shouldn't make anyone believe such crazy and false ideas. We donate because we respect their hard work. In return they allow us to access insider development and betas.

B

Beaner(lui)

If you wanted the beta you have to become a member but i dont
think you have to pay for it.

Iconoclast

Quite. You DONATE to THEM to be able to access betas and the member (private) forum. You do not PAY for it, especially not for the SOFTWARE.
You are correct.

From reading your post, one could get the impression that you should pay for the software, which is wrong. I would merely point out that we shouldn't make anyone believe such crazy and false ideas. We donate because we respect their hard work. In return they allow us to access insider development and betas.
...So, you are criticizing the idea that we should all have to pay the Project64 team about 15-20 bucks (can't remember the minimum) in order to be able to access the beta?

It's their rule, I didn't make it up. Sounds fair to me.

Is there a difference between paying and donating I'm missing?

B

Beaner(lui)

well, if your donating for something, then i guess it's the same as paying...

Doomulation

...So, you are criticizing the idea that we should all have to pay the Project64 team about 15-20 bucks (can't remember the minimum) in order to be able to access the beta?
Yes. We donate a small sum; not pay.

It's their rule, I didn't make it up. Sounds fair to me.
We donate to show our appreciation and they return us in kind, though they don't have to. That's fair, I agree.

Is there a difference between paying and donating I'm missing?
Yes. Donate != pay.

Many think that you have to PAY to get access to the beta. But this is the wrong way to look at it! The pj team does not sell the betas. You donate to show your appreciation. That you like their work. As a thanks, they let you have the beta and join the beta community.
It should not be thought of in any other way.

B

Beaner(lui)

what if you pay for nothing, then would you donate for somthing?

Iconoclast

Yes. We donate a small sum; not pay.

We donate to show our appreciation and they return us in kind, though they don't have to. That's fair, I agree.

Yes. Donate != pay.

Many think that you have to PAY to get access to the beta. But this is the wrong way to look at it! The pj team does not sell the betas. You donate to show your appreciation. That you like their work. As a thanks, they let you have the beta and join the beta community.
It should not be thought of in any other way.
Well, I suppose that 'donate' is a specific kind of 'pay'. How is thinking you have to pay them the wrong way to look at it, if it's what you are actually doing when you are donating? You donate 20 bucks, you've giving them 20 bucks...you're paying them for it.

Definition of pay, according to dictionary.com:

[To give over (a certain amount of money) in exchange for something: He paid twenty dollars for the shirt.]

I just had a funny thought...if they put "this sh*t" instead of "the shirt"...it would just look weird seeing dictionary.com say that....

Anyway, I see what you're getting at, and you're right. Thinking that you have to 'pay' the Project64 team to get the beta is inconsiderate. I'm sorry if my saying that gave you the impression that I thought they want our money so they can be motivated. I know a true donation comes with the intention of showing them that we care just as much as they do about the project, I just said that because it's kind of true: You actually are paying them. I didn't mean to give the impression....

B

Beaner(lui)

so, if you give them money for something, your paying,
and your giving them money, just to show appreciation,not even concerning
the beta, you are donating...?

Iconoclast

so, if you give them money for something, your paying,
and your giving them money, just to show appreciation,not even concerning
the beta, you are donating...?
Paying means giving money, simply put.

Donating means paying without financial intentions or receiving something in return, paying with the intention of helping other people.

I know this sounds odd that you are donating to someone who gives you something in return, and that does kind of spoil the definition, but that's what zilmar wants our intentions to be: To donate not just to get the beta. Think of the Project64 beta as a 'bonus' of the donation you give. The original reward...is helping other people. This technical 'dontation' makes sure you receive something in return for helping those people.

Doomulation

Gaurantee? You donate to them to show your appreciation. They do not owe you anything. But they are kind enough to show THEIR appreciation that YOU show YOUR appreciation by giving you access to betas.
It's a DONATION - they do not owe you anything because you're not PAYING for anything. They are simply kind. Kind to you because you are kind to them.

ggantt

a Joypad Input Plugin, thats 100% compatible with Super Joybox Pro 5 (4 X PS2 to USB) along with rumble-feature.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Touching on Zilmar's original post back on Page 1...

* High texture replacement

Not sure why we'd need high res texture replacement stuff.

For Hi Res texture replacement backs *see http://www.emutalk.net/high-resolution-textures-projects*

* Quick switching mempacks

I don't see why we need mempack switching. Sorry but the idea is too remote for my usage.

so that we can change between multiple mem paks quickly.. makes loading games less troublesome.

* Configuring short cut keys

Would be useful in various situations but could be bothersome to some. I'd say try it out first in BETA.

Nrage 2.0 has had these for awhile, and V2.0 expands them by allowing them to be mapped to the control... it makes swtiching between rumble/mem/transferpacks easier.

* Cheat Creation tools

Though a nifty and intriguing feature... we do have just about as many GameShark codes in existence that will ever be needed.

in all reality i don' see the need.... most cheats are already up on various sites, so wheres the need to make more?

* Transfer pak for pokemon stadium

I don't play it so I don't know what use it would be for me.

maybe so, but your only one person so can't be counted as 'important'
there are alot of users who play pokemon stadium.. but you are also forgetting that perfect dark can have the PD GBA game attached.

* Save selected plugin per game

Might be useful but a better idea would be selected Plug-In Options per game.

your idea is actually an addition to this idea, Rice video can set per game options, so this would be a good way to make the new jabo plugin.

* Backup instant saves

Might be a good idea but thorough testing in BETA would be advised to see if it might be necessary or useful if any.

i've already heard abit about this.. and the conceptual idea is good.. it has 1 or 2 backups of previous saves in case the latest save is broken

* Better widescreen support

I have a Laptop with a 15.4 in Wide Screen monitor with built in HD support. While I would like to see games running in widescreen, I would rather see them as correctly rendered as possible so I use my video card's Scale to Fit options to resize and clip/crop anything below the standard widescreen ratios.

there is perfect wide screen support, the problem lies in the monitor not reporting the capablities to the Driver though.. for instance i was able to setup a wide screen 19' monitor at its native res of 1440x900 which is indeed a wide screen res.

B

Beaner(lui)

Gaurantee? You donate to them to show your appreciation. They do not owe you anything. But they are kind enough to show THEIR appreciation that YOU show YOUR appreciation by giving you access to betas.
It's a DONATION - they do not owe you anything because you're not PAYING for anything. They are simply kind. Kind to you because you are kind to them.

Sorry, I didn't mean it in that way...:plain:

Last edited: