What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
7zip Load support (Save in .7z and load rom save state and rom from .7z)

I believe load from 7z (for loading roms) have already been added in 1.7. Saving, or compressing, is not the purpose of an emulator. Unless, perhaps, maybe saving and loading save states in 7z form. That could be feasible for an emulator, I suppose...

Penguins

That's what I said. Save the PJ64 saves in 7z and load pj64 saves in 7z, as well as the roms. Oh, did you read the overdump?

gsboi15

Overdump: I don't feel like explaining it. Go here

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=5307

Hires: I know, just felt like saying it...

4x: ??? Mine only goes to 4, and I know that it's not tied to the emulatior (the plugins are part of 1.7 too) And yes, i am using Jabo Directx3D8 1.6

It only goes up to 4x because that is the sheer limit of your computer's processing power. My computer at home can only do 2x, but I do it at none so itl go faster. on the other hand, the computers at my school can do 16x anisio and antialiasing at the same time at 200 fps. yup...you need a new computer. :king:

Tullmann1

Norwegian Viking
I am very new in PJ64, but I think to buy a "Adaptoid".
But can someone tell me if it is possible to use the keyboard+Adaptoid at the same time?
If it is not possible, so would it be great in PJ64 1.7 :D
EDIT: I mean for multiplayer games for two persons ;)

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, it is possible. Like the real console, Project 64 supports more than one players, regardless of whether they use a keyboard, Adaptoid, or some other gamepad/joystick.

Arkay

There are four different entries in the windows registry for all the different plugins. How about the default plugins for PJ64 just generating INI files and not making such a big mess.

Its a minor thing, but its important to me, because a lot of times I do not have any control what files are created by the emulator and where they are saved.

Self-contained and tidy is good.

foogy

a new gui...

if any of yall have seen the Surreal64 port of Project64 for the Xbox you would understand the beauty of its GUI.

check it out
http://www.tdubel.com/artikkelit/kuvat/emulxbox/surreal64.jpg

the ability to launch a rom w/ a separate emulator would be cool i guess. like if a game doesnt play well w/ project 64 then you could launch it w/ 1964/Nemu64/Mupen64/etc. So all your N64 emulation needs is all housed into one interface.

just a suggestion....

oh, and Star Wars: Battle for Naboo support... lol

jojones88

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
It only goes up to 4x because that is the sheer limit of your computer's processing power. My computer at home can only do 2x, but I do it at none so itl go faster. on the other hand, the computers at my school can do 16x anisio and antialiasing at the same time at 200 fps. yup...you need a new computer. :king:

actually your wrong

Jabo's DX plugins are limited to 4x Antialiasing and 8x Anisotropic, where as my card supports (officially) 8xAA and 8xAF (but i prefer 12xS and 16xAF)

squall_leonhart

There are four different entries in the windows registry for all the different plugins. How about the default plugins for PJ64 just generating INI files and not making such a big mess.

Its a minor thing, but its important to me, because a lot of times I do not have any control what files are created by the emulator and where they are saved.

Self-contained and tidy is good.

Project64 1.7 has its settings stored in Ini files, and plugins made by the PJ64 team will also be stored in ini files.

it is up to individual Plugin Authors to switch from the registry to ini files.

bleeding.vocals

I would like to seen high texture mapping. or 7z support esp since my ziped collection in about 8 gigs, i could push that down to like 4.4gigs...also if .7z becomes a reality then it would be nice if the emulator supported relative paths.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

High Texture replacement is in Jabo's Dx8 1.7, it is in a different format to Rice Video's though.

7Z support is also in 1.7

gandalf

Member ready to help
The audio in star wars rogue squadron has better quality in Jabo´s 1.5 than 1.6, i hope that will be fixed in 1.7

squall_leonhart

um.... Rogue Squadron doesn't even work on 1.5, let alone 1.6... so why would the audio quality matter in those versions?

it still doesn't work properly in 1.7 either...

gandalf

Member ready to help
well, i know that :p, but with Nemu´s video plug-in the graphics are there (can use it in PJ64 or 1964 0.99 with some extra DLL´s from nemu´s directories) and it´s playable, in 1.5 the audio was great.

And, if the LLE video it´s in v1.7 maybe will be playable the game

squall_leonhart

when i was checking out the leaked version, i was able to get it working on 1.6's RSP, but very slowly :p. and there was still no audio.

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
All i'd need is the ability to change RSP Plugins just like Video, Audio and Input plugins. Well that and Hi-res textures but thats already being put in via the new video plugin.