What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

SubCog

I think pretty much all I want is for perfect dark and goldeneye to run smooth and stable, without any funny timing issues, including multiplayer.

Oh, from the list, better widescreen support.

jouissance

mac port :)

I'd love a port to Mac OS X (x86) with a decent OpenGL plugin. I'm running it in Windows through Boot Camp, but damned if it wouldn't be awesome to run it natively in OS X. I know I'm not alone on this one...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
jouissance said:
I'd love a port to Mac OS X (x86) with a decent OpenGL plugin. I'm running it in Windows through Boot Camp, but damned if it wouldn't be awesome to run it natively in OS X. I know I'm not alone on this one...

chance of us doing a Mac app.. small
chance of restarting opengl plugin dev for windows.. smaller i think
chance of us doing plugins for Mac.. smaller than smaller
its lack of time sadly, nothing against Macs.

Ballard

SubCog said:
I think pretty much all I want is for perfect dark and goldeneye to run smooth and stable, without any funny timing issues, including multiplayer.

Oh, from the list, better widescreen support.

The first point I agree. Game-specific drivers could help, since some carts use custom chips.

But on the second... I can't understand how 4:3 games would look good, stretched to fit 16:9 monitors.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Ballard said:
The first point I agree. Game-specific drivers could help, since some carts use custom chips.

What? no they don't. this is the N64. there is not a single custom chip afaik, apart from the custom interfaces in one or two carts like that painting one, and things like cheat carts - but no games used special chips. weirdly. thank god. unless i'm forgetting something.

Ballard said:
But on the second... I can't understand how 4:3 games would look good, stretched to fit 16:9 monitors.
there are two ways to make them look good.. centre them so they don't stretch (done for 1.7), or generate the widescreen using, ahem, Cunning JaboMagic(tm) (done, actually in 1.6 but properly for 1.7). Some N64 games do their own 16:9 (1.7 can also deal with this but not automatically).

:saddam:

Last edited:

Nintendo Maniac

How about being able to read DexDrive saves? I strongly prefer using Jabo's input instead of N-Rage. At least something that could extract the save notes from the .N64 into .MPK's would be nice.

psychotix

Only option I would like to see is the source available to the authors of Surreal64 or SurrealXXX so that N64 emulation on the XBOX is done properly.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
well that wouldn't be in Project64 would it? :) That would only be a benefit to surreal itself. Maybe if the Source of 1964 0.9.9 surreal would benefit further. In my opinion surreal would only be worth squat or any N64 emu on x-box once they allow cheat support :)

Christoffah

This may sound random, but what the hell. A suggestion that popped into my head the other day.

The PJ64 ROM list (the main columns/rows screen) reminds me of in MS Windows when you choose "View list" for the icons. You know what "View thumbnails" does right? - so I was thinking if a choice like that was implemented into PJ64, so when selecting your game it would show you box-art for the whole contents of your list, making the selection more... 'pictural'.

Not essential, will probably be frowned upon, but I thought it might be fun option haha.

DragonStar74

just a thought...

:pj64: just a thought but PJ64 could use a way toconstantly update the roms list, kind of like you can update a program using an internet connection.(ie. Windows auto update) This idea would make it much easier to add more to the list of supportable roms, Or better yet, an auto update feature for the program it's self so that PJ64 is always up to date with all the latest data and builds as well as plugin data too.:party:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Blind One said:
Juz a smallie - Have cheats accessable without having to turn on the game ala 1964.

We have had this option since 1.4 :) Right click on the game in the Rom Browser and select edit cheats.

ProftehSteak

What I want...

I want LAN support, for one. Also, a way to use the mouse as a controller, like 1964 has it.

What I'd like most, though, is a way to get games like Star Wars: Rogue Squadron to run! D**N IT, 1964 AND PJ64 WON'T RUN THAT GAME. Anyone knows how to do it? I have an alternate email account- [email protected], suggestions are welcome. If you tell me about downloading plugins, please tell me what and where.

-ProftehSteak,
"We are family-even though yo' mama's uglier than me."
-Anonymous