What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Nomis

Nothing major needed, IMO, but there are a couple of niggles.

I'm one of those horrible, tidy freaks. All my games are in Genre order (Racing, FPS, etc), and then a region order of PAL and NTSC. The PJ64 main screen cant read this folder structure - only the ROMs in one particular folder. Any chance of a fix on this? Cant imagine it'd be a massively time consuming thing to implement.

Also, for the database, could there be a recomended plugin line added? I know some required plugins are listed, but if PJ64 is gonna hopefully remember ROM plugins settings (think it was mentioned earlier, anyway) why not at least tell people the best way of achieving things? A lot of testing no doubt, but I cant imagine there would be a shortage of willing minions.

Think thats more or less it - aside from obvious compatability issues I cant think of much else to suggest - perhaps a messenger windows for NetPlay if/when its available. I havent used Kailera, but other clients I have used tend to add text over the game screen, usually unreadable on HUD displays, or its bright white text on perfect blue skies, so is eye-strainingly horrible.

D.Farougia

Well, That would be nice to :
- have a input plugin with better transfer pack support, because with nrage, you can load gb save and play, but the gb save will not be change, so you can't export your evolution made from 64 to gb
- HAHAhahahahaaaa... Stop'n'swop support?

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I was keeping up with this thread but lost track, so sorry if this suggestion has been made.

Add a user-defined sort field who's notes are saved in their own text file separate from the core and plugin notes.

I have two Rom folders. One is visible to PJ64 (the Rom Directory) and the other is not. I put only a few files in the PJ64 Rom Directory at a time so I don't have to search each time for the games I am currently playing. A user-defined sort field would let me keep all files in a single folder arranged by genre or by a special note placing the current games I am playing on top.

KIESMAN

KIESMAN THE NINJA!!!
Extract-install, again

Agozer said:
An installation wizard *should* be n00b -friendly, not the other way around.

Yes, but I am not administrator to my computer and I can only install it as an extract-install.:(

super2

I wanna ask you a question:how I can turn FlashRAM back on when it's off because it turned off automatically

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
i think it would be cool to have the xbox feature of being able to play your mp3's in the background of the any game.

BlueFalcon7

zion said:
i think it would be cool to have the xbox feature of being able to play your mp3's in the background of the any game.
ya, just have no sound, and open up any media player, every friday at like midnight, I like to play SM64 while listening to System of a Down... Dont ask (makes the game less frustrating)

However, I would like to see a quick mute button (like F10 or F6) so I can have sound, and then press a button to mute it

Penguins

Well....

Multiple Directory Count
Forced Double Filter Depth Perception
And as said before, Cheat Creation Tool.

The multiple directory, for people who keep things organized.
The depth filter to get rid of the spots you can see through that PJ64 creates.
And the cheat tool to create cheats.

BlueFalcon7

OK sorry to bring up a week old post, but I just got my 5.1 surround sound up and running, and most of my PC games play with surround sound, but Project 64 doesnt support surround sound, even on games that say they do, like donkey kong 64, so I want to see 5.1 support.

Yaj3221

What I Want

I Want Duke Nukem 64 To work Because There Still Is A DEPTH PROBLEM!!!!!!, Since PJ64 1.4!!!!!!!!!! As Well As Knockout Kings To Work In Recompiler & A Software Mode For Low Systems That Don't Support Direct 3D OR HAve & A Slow With It

SeymourOmnis

I would want a core overclocking feature to speed up the normal n64 slowdowns like the intense fog in goldeneye (when you cause alot of fire the internal system slows down alot)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator

Except that such an overclocking feature would probably break something else in the game.

Maybe.

PJ64 is an emulator after all, it tries to emulate the original hardware... even the hardware's shortcomings.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
SeymourOmnis said:
I would want a core overclocking feature to speed up the normal n64 slowdowns like the intense fog in goldeneye (when you cause alot of fire the internal system slows down alot)
You can't really do something like that except with lots of hacks, which is something the most are not fond of.

Miretank

Lurking
i want buttsecks with iy plz. :)

The fullscreen support could be improved, jabo's plugins and others still give me flickering borders.

Therion

a GREAT improvement:

a REPLAY system, not like "video saving" or stuff like that, only a "save state" followed by a register of key-presses until a point that is emulated afterwards. If you dont understand what i am saying is like a feature that zsnes has... With this anyone can make "replays" of great super smash bros fights (for example) and save them in files like 100kb~ each... this would be GREAT with NETPLAY, because anyone can make ssb online tourneys and everyone can report victories by sending the replays (and the replays can have the ip connections registered to make sure that the replay is legit).