What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

magic0200

I think the original list posted in this thread seems like the best collection of additions for this emulator.

Speaking for myself, I would donate for additions like that :).

Also to add to the list, possibly a command line function with ESC exit use?

Please keep up the great work :)

jgreenwood

Command Line Interface

Guys -
I love this emulator, it's one of my favorites! I'm writing a generic freeware emulator front end that will manage roms, docs, control mappings, etc - and launch games in their appropriate emulator. In order to do this, of couse, I need a way to launch things through the command line. Most emulators have very powerful command line arguments for this kind of thing. Adding that support should be trivial for programmers of your caliber and really opens the doors for the people like me who are trying to tie a bunch of different things together. ;) Another nice thing to have would be for the emulator to store the settings per game. Or at least give us a way through the command line to set the configuration(joystick mappings, etc).

I will surely donate to this project. I am part of a few freeware/open source projects myself and I appreciate the free time you guys contribute to these popular projects!

zelectaman

Converted
I want this...

Project 64 should have better sound, but I know it is about plugins. The graphics are good when using Glide64. But, that what I really want, is faster gameplay. And there are some glitches in graphics. Before we did have Project 64, and our favourite game was Majoras Mask(Zelda 2 64), and we did have Windows 98. But the Project 64 did lag so much that the movement was like an virtual photo album, what is extremely slow. But now, when we upgraded our Windows98 to Windows XP Professional, it did not work. But thanks to you guys, i get it work again :) I just downloaded a 3DFX Voodoo3 driver for XP. Now we play it nearly every day! :) I only want some speed boost for Project 64... The sounds are a bit crappy. :bouncy: :pj64:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
zelectaman said:
Project 64 should have better sound, but I know it is about plugins. The graphics are good when using Glide64. But, that what I really want, is faster gameplay. And there are some glitches in graphics. Before we did have Project 64, and our favourite game was Majoras Mask(Zelda 2 64), and we did have Windows 98. But the Project 64 did lag so much that the movement was like an virtual photo album, what is extremely slow. But now, when we upgraded our Windows98 to Windows XP Professional, it did not work. But thanks to you guys, i get it work again :) I just downloaded a 3DFX Voodoo3 driver for XP. Now we play it nearly every day! :) I only want some speed boost for Project 64... The sounds are a bit crappy. :bouncy: :pj64:
As for the sound, some games (like zelda) likes the sync to audio option that you set in the audio plugin.

Selecta

Really important and useful:

Ability to "change the names of pluged Controllers/Adapters"
If i play with 4 Friends, there are (for example) 4x "Super Smart 2" Devices and we forget ALL THE TIME which one is for which controller and it's so disturbing to select each device and test it by "clicking through the controllers until it sets a key" ...

BlueFalcon7

I was thinking that Geometry dump, or at least getting the one with nemu working would be cool.

Disable Alpha blending and/or textures would be cool also

If theres some way do dump the audio as MIDI, or dump the audio longer than a specified amount of time.

a button to quickly mute the sound (like F8 or something)

Get the fonts clearer (like the font in banjo kazooie on rice dedaleus)

Higher Anti Aliasing like 8x, or 12x

Shock!

Nintendo 64 King Of Console's
3 Things

First of all unbelieveable job with Project 64. It works so well. There are only 3 things i would like to see in project 64.

Number 1 : The Sky in Goldeneye 007 Fixed
Number 2 : The Sky in perfect Dark Fixed
Number 3 : The Polygons sticking out of Donkey Kong (In Donkey Kong 64) Fixed.

I think with those few changes & mabye a few other game fixes (Every other game ive played on project 64 has played perfect) Project 64 would be (dare i say it) a perfect Nintendo 64 emulator.

Crizzle

Ill just throw this out there. Im not sure how feasible it would be to implement it, but its something I would use often if available. I would like to see headset support that allows you to make voice commands to do save/load states, load a new rom, etc. It enables the user to be away from the keyboard and still have access to game controls and PJ64 options.

Obviously this is an unnecessary feature and would rather have higher compatibility but Im just throwing out ideas for you guys. You guys do great work, so I hope you keep it up and stay motivated on the project.

KIESMAN

KIESMAN THE NINJA!!!
Extract-install

I would really love it if you could make a download version with Extract-installation instead of one that uses Install-wizard. Unless I can do it myself, I dunno. I am a noob at this. If extract-install makes no sense, an example.....ZSNES is an extract-install Super Nintendo emulator.

Thanks,

KIESMAN THE NINJA!

zaffle

somewhere a long way back someone said the same as this, but i thought i'd second it, although it's more of an input plugin thang...

recordable macros for buttons...

eg. in perfect dark, you hold B to change weapon mode. it would be cool if you could just set a macro to hold B for n seconds and then press Z to fire. this could be set as secondary fire and would be dead handy!

i can think of loads more games where that might be useful...

Crizzle

Oh yeah zaffle thats a great idea. I used the macros in ZSNES for FF3. I had Sabin's blitzes assigned to a single button each. Didnt have to do all those crazy button combos.

Afief

Linux

I just have a question: seriously, why isn't PJ64 open source? it IS already a free project, so it wouldn't harm to open the source and give people the ability to port it to other platforms.

I know there are other emulators that DO run on linux, but in my experience(in my old windows days) PJ64 was the king of all N64 emulators.

Why not open the source code and let everybody benefit from it? the devs could decide not to accept patches from the outside world if they don't want to after all.

just to stay in topic: I'd like to see either cross platform binaries or the source code.

let the flaming commence

Trotterwatch

Source code was released for the 1.4 version which resulted in very very little actually being done to it.

/Corrected typo :D Thanks!

Last edited: