What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
This thread has got seriously out of hand. Let ballard go hang out in the MAME forums, and let's get back on track.

Ballard

WhiteX said:
You just called all the users of Visual Boy Advance, ZSnes, Snes9X, PJ 64, and all the other PC emulators and all the ones coded to use on other consoles like PocketNes, SMS Advance, SnesDS and DSHeretic, in fact you called all of us, including yourself who uses ZSnes, of freeloaders and newbies that ask dumb questions.

Do you physically own every rom you use in an emulator?

Yes we are all freeloaders.

Get used to the title, unless you feel like eeprom reading and dumping the hundreds of games you play in your emulators, "that you actually own".

:matrix:

Showtime

Ballard said:
Do you physically own every rom you use in an emulator?

Yes we are all freeloaders.

Get used to the title, unless you feel like eeprom reading and dumping the hundreds of games you play in your emulators, "that you actually own".

:matrix:

dumbass its not freeloading. these games can no longer make profit so therefore we can use them. now whos the noob:angry:

Agozer

It's not really like that, you know. Just because Nintendo *supposedly* doesn't make any more money from sales doesn't justify rom downloading. That's just wishful thinking.

Copyrights are still in effect and AFAIK they stay in full effect at least 70 or so years, unles the copyright holder gives a permission to ditribute the copyrighted material free of charge through any possible medium you can think of.

Once more for kicks: Just because something doesn't make money for the copyright holder anymore, doesn't mean that's it's legally ok to just go get things for free. You still need to own the actual cart and dump the rom image from it yourself to want to really *justify* owning a rom image of, let's say Ocarina of Time.

Dumbass.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
so people what do u want in pj64 1.7

this thread ain't about roms
it's about pj64 1.7 and what we would like to see in it
so let's get back on track here people

Agozer

Yes, let's.

I could care less about all the extra feautures that people want, except for a few really good suggestions. All I want is Jabo's graphics plugin ironing out the bugs, and getting PJ64 more stable.

DeathRain99

Ooooh, there's so much I want. Of the options listed in the first post, these are the ones I want the most.

* High texture replacement
* Net play
* 7zip support

It's a lot to ask for, I know. :p

Keep up the good work, PJ64 team. :)

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Showtime said:
dumbass its not freeloading. these games can no longer make profit so therefore we can use them. now whos the noob:angry:

Nintendo will make profit on the games when they release revolution...

Azala

The only suggestion I have is the way that native saves are handled. It would be cool if we could set an option where we could control the standard format of the saves the game use. IE

%INTERNAL-%CRCCHECK
Would give a native save name along the lines of
ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK-JC6CODKCO.fla (just a made up example)

IE we could substitude environment variables to control the standard way that the emulator finds suitable saves and loads them. That would make porting saves to other emulators simpler as opposed to renaming them each time. (Obviously it wouldn't handle byteswapping issues)

Variables that could be used could be along the lines of
INTERNAL - Internal rom name
FILE NAME - The file name of the rom (excluding the extension)
EXT - The extention used by the particular rom
So on and so forth.

Just my 2 cents.

Toasty

Sony battery
I don't know if anyone asked for this yet and it just occurred to me today. Maybe there could be an option (set prior to starting emulation and not changeable during gameplay) to disable the creation of savestates. I know it sounds like a funny request, but sometimes I really want to play a game as I would on a real 64 and in mid-game I the overwhelming urge to create a savestate right before a difficult part. (Sounds like an addiction, huh?) Like I said, a strange request, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to include an option like that, so I thought I'd throw it out there.