What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

WhiteX

The .ini thing for the plugins,
All sorts of cool filters, hq4x and so on,
take advantage of dual core and 64 bits processors,
dunno if it´s out there already but a better support for mouse and keyboard for the FPS´s sake.
That´s all folks.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Solar said:
how about a audio replacment just like the texture one
not possible

EDIT: It would be great to use frame buffers with Anti Alias, or take screenshots without that error message with AA activated

Last edited:

Vurtual

Multiple screen management

Oh, I'd really love to see an easy way to configure the output screen for fullscreen mode. Something like a dropdown in Preferences where one can choose from the listed displays of ones system.

As I already posted some months ago, I'm not able to get Project64 to work in fullscreen on my TV set (which is my third display in system preferences).. there were some tips but they all didn't work :down:

If you would work on this I would consider building a temple for you and sacrifice a virgin each and every day while chanting your names

:bouncy:

Grey86

Can you guys fix the bug in Killer Instinct Gold where the images freeze, and also Ive noticed that some games show "black lines", do you know how I can fix that?

il1019

I am super pleased with Project 64. It has fit basically everything i ever wanted. Especially with the updated 1.6 version, multiple monitor support introduced which was sweet. If possible, one minor change in multiple monitor support: when clicking in another monitor, it minimizes the screen. Is there any way to disable that so i can have pj64 on one screen and doing other stuff on another? that would be sweet.

my second request is really more of a question. What is that annoying clicking sound that i get with most games? the audio bugs the heck out of me! is there any way to fix that or is being worked on or something? that needs definite help.

Every so often on paper mario the background shows through like ever other frame, so you get this seizure inducing flicker on the screen, thats possibly just my hardware though, not exactly the worlds greatest video card (ati mobility radeon 9100).

THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING! MUAH I LOVE YOU GUYS. maybe if i ever complete my project ill put some of it up here, its a mini-itx emulation box with n64, psx, snes and nes ports on the front. All working, all real. All i need to do is put it together lol. Then ill have a fully functional emulation machine!

Thanks again!

mastrboy

bether command line support would be great, i can't lanch games fullscreen from commandline, have to select fullscreen after they are launched

7SEVEN7

Just launched some games to see which of them need overscan.

These games have borders around the screen:

Super Smash Bros.
Wave Race 64
Super Mario 64 (only top and bottom)
Castlevania: Legasy of Darkness
Buck Bumble
Aerofighter's Assault
Aero Gauge
V-Rally 99
NHL Pro 99
Pilotwings 64
Donkey Kong 64

Like Clements mentioned Zelda:OoT needs that.

Not sure but seems Resident Evil 2 needs it too if play with expansion pack.

Conker's BFD needs it to remove "static (coloured dots) around screen edge".

There are probably more games that need this thing that I just dont have now. Orkin's Direct64 allready has overscan simulation and it makes those games much more enjoyable though it isn't so compatible plugin as yours, Jabo.

Another feature that i would like is to change plugins by keystroke. Some kind of script: quicksave, load needed plugin, quick load, back to full screen if needs.

And is it possible to make emu automaticaly load different plugins and change tweaks at needed situation, when some address appear in game's memory or maybe by using LDU technology that is using in Gens32 (Genesis EMU)?

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
Clements said:
If your video card and monitor support them, you can use these resolutions already.
well they do and it still wont let me play in 1600x1200...

i wonder what playing in 4096x4096 is like...(max res of my gfx card)...lol

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
zeeky said:
well they do and it still wont let me play in 1600x1200...

i wonder what playing in 4096x4096 is like...(max res of my gfx card)...lol

What monitor did you say you had :p? Does it support resolutions over 1280 x 1024?

D.Farougia

Jabo said:
I agree, but there I would really only be comfortable with including a cartoon flat-shaded rendition of the controller .. of which I have yet to find, if anyone would like to contribute this I am more than happy to consider using it...

I can give you this if you you're still needing, Jabo

What I want in PJ64:
- Be able to take screenshot with 3d data that I can patch in Maya or 3ds
max (I don't know if it's possible, but it could be sweet)
- Surround sound Support
- A picture of the packaging of the game when I choose it in the list (like the screenshots in MAME)
- A better 2D integration in game, because it isn't really beautifull
- The Same name between roms save and Quick save
- Sync game to Audio compatible with most of game

Merci pour ce superbe émulateur.

elektrixxx

As a personal request I would like Yoshi's Story's known Issues to be fixed. I totally wanna play it after finishing Yoshi's Island on the SNES!

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
D.Farougia said:
I can give you this if you you're still needing, Jabo

What I want in PJ64:
- Be able to take screenshot with 3d data that I can patch in Maya or 3ds
max (I don't know if it's possible, but it could be sweet)
- Surround sound Support
- A picture of the packaging of the game when I choose it in the list (like the screenshots in MAME)
- A better 2D integration in game, because it isn't really beautifull
- The Same name between roms save and Quick save
- Sync game to Audio compatible with most of game

Merci pour ce superbe émulateur.

The sound/music in the games aint surround so why make the emulator support it???

Someone!

Hullo!
D.Farougia said:
- Be able to take screenshot with 3d data that I can patch in Maya or 3ds max (I don't know if it's possible, but it could be sweet)
This is 100% imposible.
You will have to make the model yourself.
I made a yoshi once, but it was so un-awesome.

chriharr

I would Like to see the following
.Screen Filters
.Animated PJ64 Intro when Executing the exmulator
.Customisable PJ64 Window Skins(maybe)
.Better support for RAR and ZIP archives(inc PPMd in WINZIP 10)

I would not like to see support for
.7zip because it is an extremely unstable archive format and Winzip and WinRAR native archive formats produce better compression etc.