What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Khakoyzter2

I'd love to see 2xSAI texture filtering replaced by HQ2X. An implementation of ATI's TruForm would be great as well.

[edit]It would also be nice to have the option to download a package that includes all the alternate texture mods. On the game list, one would right click on a game and select what texture enhancement to use. Is that doable?

Last edited:

hemmo

Over 25% of pj64 players has a slow computer, included me.
They play rather on 1964 than on pj64, because 1964 is much faster.
If you make pj64 faster i'm sure that half of 1964 players would play on pj64.

KingVendrSnatch

無感覚
Honestly, even if PJ64 could wipe my ass for me Id still rather the compatibility be higher. I can live with out features.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
KingVendrSnatch said:
Honestly, even if PJ64 could wipe my ass for me Id still rather the compatibility be higher. I can live with out features.

i have to agree with that:bouncy:

juano

A fast forward button to zoom right by all the bullshit dialog in certain games that you've already seen a thousand times like visualboy does.

snesmaster40

juano said:
A fast forward button to zoom right by all the bullshit dialog in certain games that you've already seen a thousand times like visualboy does.

That already exists... it's called "Frame skip"

Miretank

Lurking
But it could be a "speed toggle" feature button, like in VBA. :)
Think on a F4 button that you could press on your joystick. ;)

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
lets see...

1st off higher res support(i want to play in 1600x1200 and eventualy 2048x1536 full screen)

2nt dual core support(most pepole with new comps have dual core or ht(virtual dual core)

3rd get stunt racer 64 to work!!!!

4th fix the gfx issues in conker

5th :linux: (or at least a opengl plugin)

6th kaillera!(or if you have a good sever make your own netplay with a name and passowrd system and sutch...kaillera gets all deysinky with pj64k on most games)

7th keep on makeing great emulaters!

I have a PS2 styled controller, but when I try to make it so the right joystick controls buttons it doesn't work. It would be awesome if you could support the right analog stick so i could set it up more like the game cube controller

skyman8081

Smarter than you.
I'd like to see the hires texture packs change from the current format to a self-contained zip file that would have an XML file. Which would contain such information as:
  • Name/type of pack
  • Author's name
  • Homepage/e-mail
  • Game version
  • Game that it is for
  • (Not part of the xml file) A thumbnail image of what the pack looks like when it is running
It would make keeping track of the various packs a lot easier, as well as allowing an easier interface to switch between different hi res packs, and would simplify things greatly from where I stand. Obviously, support for legacy packs would have to be included.

Last edited:

Vanit

In addition to what skyman8081 said, I think we should be able to bind several packs to a single rom, and be able to switch between them inside the emulator. As it stands, with Rice's plugin you have to rename folders and such which is a real pain.

Darth Killer

But who may I be ???
  1. Audio Plugin able to select audio layers (like VisualBoy for GBA emulation)
  2. TransferPak (for Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 & for Perfect Dark)
  3. I guess that's enough :D

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Darth Killer said:
[*]TransferPak (for Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 & for Perfect Dark)
Again, Tranfer Pak is already emulated via a third party input plugin.

BlankMind

I would like an feature to overclock Nintendo 64 hardware, just like Chanka has, so people with a good system could remove the original nintendo 64 slowdowns. Well, i don't know if it's easy to make. In fact I don't even know if it's possible, but it's a feature that I'd appreciate a lot.

And no more locks on Banjo-Tooie would be great too, it's so bad to be playing and all of a sudden the game stops :p

Clements

zeeky said:
higher res support(i want to play in 1600x1200 and eventualy 2048x1536 full screen)

If your video card and monitor support them, you can use these resolutions already.