What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Wave Race 64 Soft Mod

Noglory

no the bouys was making the game go slow. I deleted, Yellow and red bouys..and now the game runs Great! i get 60fps and no slow downs. all so zelda cell shade runs great no slow downs at all.. all my N64 games run Great with 60fps!

I use Project64 1.6..i test N64 games on all plugins and setings. I edit the notes to tell me what game plays best and what plugin and seting to play it on...

ricktendo64

In the future can you guys use 7zip compresion for smaller filesize?

Better all the way around, less bandwith and so on

ChrisXPZ said:
how do u put the textures in the rom file?=]

Extract the files to- "wherever you have your emulator\Plugin\hires_texture\WAVE RACE 64"
(D:\spel\Emulators\Nintendo 64\PJ641.6\Plugin\hires_texture\WAVE RACE 64 in my case)
and you should be good to go.

ChrisXPZ

Rurounin said:
Extract the files to- "wherever you have your emulator\Plugin\hires_texture\WAVE RACE 64"
(D:\spel\Emulators\Nintendo 64\PJ641.6\Plugin\hires_texture\WAVE RACE 64 in my case)
and you should be good to go.

so do you activate it or does it automaticly turn on?:arabia:

ChrisXPZ said:
so do you activate it or does it automaticly turn on?:arabia:

This is based upon PJ 1.6 cause that's the only one i have installed at the moment but you should be able to figure it out if you use 1964.

First you obviously need Rice's video plugin found here and extract it to your plugin folder.

Next you need to select the plugin from the list in Options -> Settings -> Video (Graphics) plugin:

Select this...

Press OK

Next go to Options -> Configure Graphics Plugin -> General Options:

Uncheck this...

Press OK

And finally go to Options -> Configure Graphics Plugin -> Texture Filters:

And check this.

That should do it if i haven't forgotten anything, Cheers :party:

Last edited:

ChrisXPZ

Rurounin said:
This is based upon PJ 1.6 cause that's the only one i have installed at the moment but you should be able to figure it out if you use 1964.

First you obviously need Rice's video plugin found here and extract it to your plugin folder.

Next you need to select the plugin from the list in Options -> Settings -> Video (Graphics) plugin:

Select this...

Press OK

Next go to Options -> Configure Graphics Plugin -> General Options:

Uncheck this...

Press OK

And finally go to Options -> Configure Graphics Plugin -> Texture Filters:

And check this.

That should do it if i haven't forgotten anything, Cheers :party:

when i try to extract the plugin it says

! C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\RiceVideo-6[1].1.1-beta10-src.rar: CRC failed in Config.cpp. The file is corrupt
! C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\RiceVideo-6[1].1.1-beta10-src.rar: Unexpected end of archive

and its not in the plugin menu

I use PJ64 1.6:smurf:

ChrisXPZ said:
when i try to extract the plugin it says

! C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\RiceVideo-6[1].1.1-beta10-src.rar: CRC failed in Config.cpp. The file is corrupt
! C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\RiceVideo-6[1].1.1-beta10-src.rar: Unexpected end of archive

and its not in the plugin menu

I use PJ64 1.6:smurf:

You're supposed to download "RiceVideo6.1.1beta10.rar", not the one with src at the end.

Download BMGlib.rar too (not sure where you're supposed to extract that but in plugins and main folder should do it, one of them is right ;P).

And it seems you didn't quite download the file properly, but it dosn't matter since it's not the right file =]

ChrisXPZ

Rurounin said:
You're supposed to download "RiceVideo6.1.1beta10.rar", not the one with src at the end.

Download BMGlib.rar too (not sure where you're supposed to extract that but in plugins and main folder should do it, one of them is right ;P).

And it seems you didn't quite download the file properly, but it dosn't matter since it's not the right file =]

i tried extracting it to its own folder in plugins and directly into plugins wwhere do i put it its not working

EDT: plz respond need help

Last edited:

ChrisXPZ

ha i duno how but i got it working finally lol:bouncy: :nemu: :batman: :king: :drool: {}:{ :homestar: :borg: :sombrero: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

OP
T

The Dave

I just wanted to drop in to tell you guys that I'm not dead, and that I still plan on one daying getting this pack to 100% It's really close actually the way it is, I just decided to stop all work on it until P64 1.7 is released.

krimb1

and when will be released pj64 1.7?

As far as I can recall from what I've read here on the forum, the official release date for 1.7 won't be announced. I may be wrong though.

I do know the 1.7 beta is available for a small price for registered users.

Hope that helps. =)

By the way, AWESOME job on the retexture!! It makes playing the game so much more exciting. Thanks man.

Last edited:

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
Seriously, he was just asking for a link to the existing pack, due to the conspicuous 404 errors on all links to it in the thread.

1280by800

I too am trying to get the existing pack as well. It looks so good with what the HDR and Bloom shader. Its ashame I cant find this anywhere and only have the WiP dolphin park from the old thread...somebody?
27448_waveracehdr_122_222lo.jpg

Last edited:
OP
T

The Dave

Hi All! Thanks for the kind words, whether or not it came out good I spent a lot of time on this, and at the least the whole UI is pretty much redone. Here's a link to the files I had, which I haven't used in years:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7JYX0MFH

Now some notes. When I did this pack I was somewhere in my 3rd year of college, and not that good. I'm now out of school and have been working as a full-time professional Web Designer / Developer and I would love to redo A LOT of this pack. The thing is since I work full time I just don't have the time. I think outside of the UI and Water mostly everything needs to be redone. It was just amateurish, and I think I can do it now, but I don't think I'll ever have the time.

So, well, one day maybe. That's all I can really say about it.